Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are there any SGA fans who either didn't watch or didn't like SG-1?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are there any SGA fans who either didn't watch or didn't like SG-1?

In an earlier thread, someone had posted something I found pretty interesting:

[QUOTE=<Snipped by Moderator>My only interest within the Stargate franchise is Atlantis and its core cast, especially Joe Flanigan. I have no interest in anything else in the franchise (zero interest in original movie, SG-1, SGU, etc). Not that I think Atlantis was flawless. Far from that. I thought the writing left much to be desired. But the SGA core cast with their personalities and the way they tried to work around bad scripts and bring life to those characters made me love the show and stick around despite the writing. I have zero loyalty to the Sargate franchise. My loyalty goes to the core SGA cast only. [/QUOTE]

Are there any others here or anywhere else who feel the same way or may share the same sentiments?
    Last edited by Bagpuss; 27 August 2010, 01:25 AM. Reason: do NOT cross-post other members' posts .

no

Comment

There are fans out there who watched SGA but didn't watch SG-1.

I started with SG-1 first and loved it
      sigpic

Comment

I started out watching SG1, and then started watching SGA because of SG1.

Comment

Not liking SG1 is heresy!

Comment

I loved Sg-1, but then they brought in the Ori and they made an enemy too big and... I didn't care for the whole storyline. So I stopped watching.
            Last edited by fumblesmcstupid; 24 August 2010, 05:09 PM. Reason: what's it to you? HUH? Are you writing a book? Well leave that chapter out and make it a mystery.
            Why did you do such a thing, you mediocre dunces?

Comment

I really like SG-1, but I have to admit I came late to the party! I didn't see any of the series until it was at least in season 3 (I had seen the movie). Then I was a faithful fan until the series ended - slowly over the years I've managed to see most of the first few seasons, but there are still a few episodes I've missed.

What I really want to do is watch all of SG-1 from start to finish - instead of piecemeal. I think that would be fun. I need some more free time . . .

Oh, and I watched Atlantis from start to end - I was a Stargate fan when it started, so I was there for the very first episode, and I think I never missed an episode.

I haven't missed any episodes of SGU, either.
              sigpic
              Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

I started watching SGA first because I was flipping channels one day and it was on TV. I watched 2 seasons of SGA before starting to watch SG-1. I personally liked SG-1 a lot better, but I'm glad I caught SGA as I would have never got introduced to the Stargate series otherwise.
                sigpic

Comment

i've watched watched all 3 shows
                  https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                    i've watched watched all 3 shows
                    Double watched

Theres probably a mix of people who started with SG-1 and watched Atlantis and new fans who were introduced to the franchise through Atlantis but I can't see why someone who likes Atlantis wouldn't like/want to watch SG-1 (especially in its later years). The formula for both shows is very similar.

Comment

I would never want to watch a spin off show, without watching the original.

In almost all cases the original is better anyways.

Comment

Of course there are. I'm not one of them but there always are fans who like spin offs of something without liking the original. I think TPTB even mentioned it on the commentary for The Return. The shows in the Stargate franchise aren't ones that I happen to have that opinion of but I do understand, sort of.

I was, for example, never really a fan of Buffy the Vampire Slayer very much but I really used to love Angel.
                        "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

I started off as a SG1 fan, and tuned in to the spin-off Atlantis when it started. My interest in SG1 had started to wane when my favorite character Daniel came back so different and Jonas disappeared (I'd grown to like his character a great deal and wanted them both to be in the show). The last straw was the focus on Vala, although I LOVED Claudia Black in Farscape.

I pretty much stopped watching SG1 regularly and missed most of the last season, but at that point had become a big fan of Atlantis and was watching it almost exclusively.
                          I can honestly say I have never "fanned" a show as much as Atlantis, before or since.

Haven't seen any eps of SGU, for reasons best not mentioned here.
                          sigpic

Comment

*raises hand*

I'm one who isn't that keen on SG1. I started off on SGA while channel hopping & loved it. Then I thought I'd better educate myself about SG1 - so I bought all ten seasons on Ebay. I've managed to get to season 7 but I've run out of enthusiasm. I think if I hear another word about replicators I'll scream. I'm thinking I might skip the rest of season 7 & go straight into season 8 at some point in the not too distant future.

Comment

I watched a few episodes of SG-1 when it first came out then a few odd epsiodes I happened to catch over the years and while I didn't hate it it, nor did I think it was great ( I thought it had a great concept but was a bit hamy)

I watched Atlantis from the world go and loved it! The concept, the characters, the stories, following that I went back and rewatched SG-1 and enjoyed it better though I wouldn't say I was a tremendous fan....in fact if I'm 100% honest I preferred the SG-1 of seasons 9 and 10 to the years before.

Comment

Working...
                              X