Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Wars of Gods" - The Book on SG-1 and Atlantis.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Wars of Gods" - The Book on SG-1 and Atlantis.

All Greetings!.
    I live in Belarus, the country which is near to Russia. And more year I write the book about new adventures of command SG-1, continuation of serials. It is written already much, at me great popularity on the Russian sites. But, here, I wanted, that Ñ‹ and the American fans of serials could read it that is difficult enough, as I badly know English language.
    As a result, now I translate the texts by means of the online translator and I will spread them at a forum. Certainly, translation quality will leave probably the best, but in another way in any way. So that read and make comments...

cool; the title has intrigued me
    If you're interested in reading my longest fanfic story, which is an action/adventure story involving the elusive Furlings (as well as if you want to read the others), please click the link below.
    [URL="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6888222/1/Tauri_Furling_First_Contact_and_Alliance[/URL]

RIP Sep 2010 to beloved gateworld.net member and forum contributor Weedle, very skilled soldier with military special operations, a wonderful human being, and a friend to so many on gateworld. May we keep his memory close.

Comment

Well, excuse that so long anything here didn't spread, all the day waited while the theme will be checked up by moderators.

Comment

Orion- I'm afraid you're not going to have much success with auto-translation on an English-speaking forum.

(Apologies for the non-Russian-speaking audience for the upcoming language switch).

Привет земляк!

Честно говоря это не очень хорошая идея. Автоматический перевод тупой и неточный. Представь себе что на русском форуме кто-то повесил бы историю написанную на ломаном русском- ты бы сам ее читал?
        If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Prologue

Star gate has let out Cameron Mitchell, and he has looked round. Anything unusual. Lines, yes here even it is boring.
          Ahead, meters in thirty from the Gate, there was a wood solid wall. Not tropical, the climate here was same, as in Washington. Usual, deciduous, as well as on the majority of planets where they already happened. And, judging by the turned yellow leaves, here there was an autumn. Or as there still name this time of year here.
          Behind his back the indignant female voice was distributed:
          - No, this new form to me doesn't go. You only look at me! Same a natural nightmare!
          - Vala! - Daniel Jackson has besieged the girl. - stop already to show off! It agree, the form is a little narrowish …
          - Just right, - the deaf voice of Teal'c was distributed to me.
          - It you shouldn't watch a figure! - has muttered Vala Mal Doran. It looked so as if it forced to go not on the usual task, and for fashion festival in any paradise small town.
          - You amaze me, children, - has told Samantha Carter. - We have arrived on this planet not behind discussing …
          Star gate with noise was closed. Samantha Carter has removed a small backpack from the back and has got therefrom a computer tablet. Then has departed a little from raging Vala and has started to check instrument readings.
          - And where we have appeared? - Cameron has asked.
          -P3X-608, - Samantha answered. - It was necessary to listen to general Landry.
          What’s the odd? - Cameron has asked. - I at all don't understand that we here do. In my opinion here and people aren't present.
          Samantha has approached to the prospecting probe which is standing near the Gate. Her face was played by the strange discharged smile.
          - Planet atmosphere consists almost entirely of oxygen, - she has told. It is surprising.
          -what in it of such surprising? - Cameron Mitchell hated such moments. The moments when Sam started to seem it too abstruse.
          - The oxygen overabundance can negatively affect our organism, - Samantha answered, without tearing off a sight from a tablet. - We yet didn't meet planets with such indicators. I think that we don't need to be here too long.
          That I think, why at me such bad mood! - The colonel has muttered.
          - Daniel! - Vala has looked at the archeologist, having writhed thus ridiculous grimace.-it after all you has resulted us here if I am not mistaken? So, what we here do?
          All had a look at Daniel who has pretended that studies the manuscript in hands.
          - You unless have forgotten? - Daniel has asked. - This manuscript has been found on Dakar when we conducted excavation.
          - Yes-yes! - Cameron has waved away. - When searched for the True Ark. Of which, by the way, there hasn't appeared!
          - Children, will suffice! - Samantha has told. Is was already almost one year ago! Ori are won! Will suffice already about it!
          Vala Mal Doran has dropped the eyes downwards. A reminder on the last year it not too pleased.
          - What you will tell, Teal'c? - Cameron has asked.
          - I will tell that we need to become silent and go, - has muttered jaffa. Before he examined the type-setting device with which all was as it should be.
          - Lips jaffa the true speaks! - has told the Shaft. - Go to the wood!
          And it the first has gone forward, without paying attention to Cameron Mitchell's dissatisfied person which passed an important football match because of Jackson's one more whim.
          All silently have followed Vala. Teal'c brought up the rear, looking around. It seems that here something guarded him.
          From the Gate to wood the small grassed footpath conducted. It seems that here very long time ago nobody went. On-extreme measure from people. When the group has reached the first trees, the footpath has ended.
          -what now? - Cameron has asked. - We will go through thickets?
          - Unless we have a choice? - Has asked Samantha Carter.
          - Is, - Cameron has told. - If Jackson now will explain to us that we here do!
          Daniel has deeply sighed. It sometimes really very strongly didn't have Jack O'Neill.
          - This manuscript, - has told the archeologist, stretching to its Cameron. - has been found by me in library Ancient, buried under one of temples jaffa. It has been established that to it about three thousand years. I have become interested in it not because it so has well remained. Inscriptions on it combine at once two languages. I have managed to translate the first of them. But here the second...
          - More shortly, Daniel! - has interrupted Jackson Vala. - Me it is boring!
          -We already met this language earlier, - without paying attention Daniel continued. - remember a planet Heliopolis? That where the Gate in 1945 has been casually opened?
          - The union of Four Races, - Samantha has said. - Intergalactic the United Nations.
          - Yes, - with a smile Jackson has told. It is exact not letters Asgard and Nox. This Furlings means.
          - Furlings? - Cameron with a silly kind examined the manuscript in which anything didn't understand. Is still who such?
          - Never before didn't meet them, - Teal'c has told. It was even more thoughtful, than always. - Among jaffa never heard nothing about them. We have only managed to find their some artifacts. And O’Neill has found their colony... Truth the thrown.
          - Well, in it entirely a merit of Mejburna, - Jackson has told. - But now we not about it. According to the manuscript, on this planet there should be a whole storehouse with technologies of this race. Here once there was their colony... Or something likes it.
          - Treasures? - A Vala has instantly quickened. In her eyes fire has begun to shine.
          - Probably, Vala! - Daniel already was sorry about just told. - well, so? We go?
          Cameron Mitchell has frowned. If to Daniel that climbs up in a head...
          - All right, we go, - said it, giving to Jackson the manuscript. - It is possible; this track hasn't too grown... Give you god...
          Vala has smiled broadly. And, having pushed in a shoulder of Teal’c has followed gloomy Cameron.
          Daniel has gone the last. In his soul the contradictory feelings struggled. On the one hand it was very glad to this find, but here with another...
          Very simply they have encountered the manuscript. Daniel then examined ruins of an old temple which have once restored jaffa. After bombardments of Ori here it is not enough that remains, but here this manuscript has been found in small ящичке with letters Ancient. And that the most amazing, box was much more ancient, than a thing which was in it. Left that the manuscript was put there only by two or three thousand years ago when the majority Alterans have already risen.
          Jackson has found the secret hatch conducting under the earth. Having gone down on the small ladder obviously made Ancient, it it has appeared in a room where heaps of various rolls lay. Considering technologies which possessed Ancient, it was very strange that they stored the knowledge in so fragile material. After all as soon as Daniel has touched one of rolls, that was scattered directly at it in hands. And any traces of technologies. Regiments, some wooden chairs and tables. That's all.
          The box lay on a small stone pedestal in the middle of the left library. It was it is cast from the metal which was a mix Naqahdah and trinium. On a cover box the strange freakish pattern representing something, bearing a faint resemblance to a snake pierced by an arrow has been deduced. Analogies with Goa'uld at doctor Jackson have arisen almost at once, but he didn't understand it. And here Goa'ulds? After all under a pattern the inscription in language Alterans, saying has been deduced: «the Way to The Destiny will find only pure heart». Oh, these Ancient... Anything at them you will not understand...
          The manuscript has been made of a material most of all similar to a hybrid of a paper and any papyrus. Inscriptions on it have been deduced by dark red ink that to a shiver reminded blood. However, at the analysis spent to laboratories on the Earth, it became clear that this ink only a mix of substances, it is obvious a phytogenesis. A riddle was how this manuscript has managed to remain on an extent many years.
          - Sam, - has told Cameron, tearing off Daniel from its thoughts. - So, what all the same happens?
          Samantha has stumbled about any snag and has flown on the Vala. Somehow having risen on feet, Carter has a look on Mitchell who has risen across a way.
          - It about what? - She has asked.
          - "General Hammond ", - Kam has answered. - After all it have completed two weeks ago?
          - Yes, - Samantha has nodded. Her face during this moment has a little changed in color. - And, what?.
          - Well, - Cameron has turned away and has gone forward, moving apart foliage. - You so to us have told nothing. Why you haven't appointed to the ship? After all you should become its commander...
          -Kam, I think it is not necessary... carefully Daniel has spoken.
          - Everything is all right, - Samantha has told. - You know that instead of me have appointed lieutenant colonel Lorne. For me it was big...
          - A shock? - Has continued for Sam Vala.
          - Something like that, - has chilly told Carter. - I have nothing against. Evan Lorne We together marked its increase...
          - Yes! - has told the Vala. Its plaits on a head have shot up upwards. Is when Daniel has drunk too much that drink... As it...
          -Vala! - Daniel has seized the girl by shoulders and has pushed it forward.
          - Command of the Star Gate entirely was for my nominee, - continued Samantha. - You remember that general Landry sometimes spoke about it with the president. And general O’Neill even went in the Pentagon about it.
          Behind audible grumble was heard hardly. It is Teal'c has casually entered a prickly bush.
          - I was small disagreements with, IOA - Samantha has told. - You remember Nicolas Fletcher? It came in SGC some times.
          - Yes, the disagreeable person, - has given tongue Cameron. - This Frenchman to me too rather has spoiled blood. He wanted to appoint me to order base Scale. And in group to introduce the person.
          - Now it at the head of IOA, - has told Sam. - And it has a great influence. I do not know, than I haven't pleased it... Probably, it because of Atlantis. When I supervised over expedition, I did much that was not on customs IOA. He also wanted to throw out Woolsey from a city. But it it was not possible to it.
          - I do not know the best nominee on command of the ship, than you, Samantha Carter! - Teal'c has told.
          - Thanks of Teal'c! - Hardly having smiled, Samantha has told. - But, I am afraid, it is not enough opinion of my friends that mean for bureaucrats from IOA. But, there can be we will become silent and we will go? Don't forget that we haven't enough time.
          Cameron has stopped for an instant. On his back has run an unpleasant chill. As he was irritated with all this idiotic injustice! These idiots, staying trousers in spacious offices... Yes they even can't imagine through what its command passes every day! A damnation, yes they are live only thanking it!

Comment

-Kam, you go? - Daniel has asked.
            - Yes, - the colonel has muttered and has gone forward.
            They were torn through thickets of bushes and trees not for long. Soon the group left on the big spacious glade, obviously artificial origin. Directly in the center it there was a high gray stone, something the reminding thumb hitched up upwards. At approach to it it became clear that on it letters have been beaten out. And to Daniel hasn't made the big work to understand the one who has left them.
            -- Furlings It letters, - the archeologist has told, having approached more close. - It is surprising.
            - Yes-yes! - Cameron Mitchell has removed the cap from a head. - You hear, Daniel! You can translate it?
            - I do not think, - Daniel has answered. Its fingers slid on a stone. - I didn't have a possibility to study them. We didn't meet almost their language during interplanetary missions.
            -In my opinion, it something like the index, - has told the Shaft Doran Is small. - You have noticed... Here that hieroglyph is similar to an arrow...
            - It not hieroglyphs, - Jackson has corrected the girl. Is a runic letter. But you are right. Something in it is.
            -?!. Mitchell with irritation waved a cap round the head, driving away from itself goodness knows where from undertaken midges.
            - I think that to us there! - Daniel has specified a hand to the right.
            - Yes?! And I haven't noticed that the footpath there conducts! - Cameron has thrown. - Teal'c! You go behind, bring up the rear! You cover our backs... It is not pleasant to me here...
            The footpath has been obviously trodden very much for a long time. But, despite it it at all didn't look grown. Was it seems that it used very often. That was strange, considering that fact that here there were no traces of a civilization. And in general stay traces here reasonable beings.
            The command has set out, looking round on the parties. Cameron, it is hardly audible swearing, went in advance, continuing to drive away from itself persevering midges. Teal'c brought up the rear, listening to wood. Something here was not so. The old soldier felt it. But couldn't understand, what exactly.
            -Kam, - Samantha has got again a tablet from the backpack. - My computer fixes any strange electromagnetic radiation in several kilometers from here. I think that we should check up it.
            - Certainly! – Vala has cheerfully pushed Daniel in a shoulder. - Treasures wait for us! Forward!
            - Teal'c! - Cameron who started to feel that loses allies has shouted. - That you think?
            - I do not know, - Teal’c has told. His eyes continued to examine trees. - I think, in these woods something is. Or someone.
            - Stop! - Daniel has told. - You hear it?
            - What? What is? - Cameron has with watchfulness raised the automatic machine, going to apply in any second it.
            - The sound, - has told Jackson. - Someone is there in wood.
            All have become silent and have listened.
            Cameron distinctly heard monotonous buzz of insects over the head. And then he has heard it.
            It was similar to strange low or a roar. And absolutely nearby. It seemed to Mitchell that the being publishing these sounds was all in twenty or thirty steps from here.
            All to prepare, - it is quiet, but that all heard, Cameron has told. - I go the first. Sam, Teal'c you for me!
            Samantha silently has nodded and has hidden a tablet. Despite a situation to which they have got, it couldn't get rid of the problems in any way. They burned down it, paternal it would like to fail under the earth.
            Meanwhile colonel Cameron Mitchell has moved forward. He walked very slowly, being guided on a sound and quietly going on a soft carpet of a moss underfoot.
            Having passed some steps, Cameron has stopped. Sounds have amplified, paternal the colonel had an accurate sensation that the being publishing them, knew about their presence. All it guarded Cameron, but its sub consciousness prompted to it that not the enemy, and someone absolutely other there sits.
            Mitchell has started to go deep into wood that very much even it was difficult, as here there were absolutely impassable thickets. Mentally swearing and snuffling, it has scratched to himself all hands, having got to very big texture of the prickly bushes very similar to a blackberry. Regretting that any real machete isn't built in it P-90, Cameron has got out of damned bushes and left on one more glade.
            The picture which has opened before it so it has amazed that at some instant he has thought that all is any crazy dream.
            The being publishing so strange sounds has appeared a small shaggy animal, something reminding a bear cub. Mitchell has there and then remembered how all half a year reconsidered one of series «Star wars» ago. How called that ridiculous people? Ewoks? But same absurdity!
            The bear cub began to shout in the meantime even more loudly. Cameron, having regained consciousness from the thoughts, has there and then noticed that small feet of a being were pressed down by a small tree. It was clear that independently get out of this situation this animal couldn't, therefore and roared from a pain and despair.
            - Well, perfectly, - the colonel has murmured.
            - What here? - The voice of Samantha was distributed. - Oh... Cam why you haven't helped it?.
            - Well... Mitchell has a little become puzzled.
            Without paying attention to Cameron's mutters, Samantha has approached to a bear cub and has carefully pulled out it from under a tree. The small animal has there and then got out of her hands and has departed on some steps back. And it was clearly visible that he limped.
            - Be not afraid! - As it is possible has told Sam more tenderly. It has fallen on hunkers, trying not to do sharp movements. - Everything is all right! We friends!
            - I do not think that he understands you, Samantha, - has told approached Teal'c. He with mute interest examined a strange being.
            - What charm! – Vala has clapped. - Daniel, you only look! It almost same, as that teddy bear which you have presented to me on my birthday!
            - Which? - Jackson has asked. - At you them on three times a year...
            The girl from it has only waved away.
            - No, we can't take it with ourselves! - Cameron has answered almost imploring look Vala. - Sam! As you think, this... The bear knows where to be a radiation source?
            - TH I doubt that it in general is reasonable, - Samantha has told. For some reason to it, as well as the Shaft, this being seemed a ridiculous small animal which not bad to take away to itself home.
            Meanwhile the bear cub has recovered from shock and now with might and main examined the saviors. And Cameron with the command could consider more close that it himself represents.
            The being really reminded a teddy bear. Only very big. Growth it was meter about ones and a half, and even it is less. A body of a being of coverlet dense dark brown wool. The head was enough big, with large ears sticking out vertically. And at it as being it was clearly possible to disassemble the person. Light oval stains of wool on it from apart reminded huge eyes. Though actually they were small and black, as at a bug. But the nose was very big and flat, as at a wolfhound. The being mouth hid wool but when it opened it, small white teeth was visible.
            - Something it is similar to a small panda, isn't that so? - Samantha has told.
            - Yes, it certainly all is very lovely and interesting, - Cameron has muttered. - But can be, at last, we will go to a radiation source? I am not going to stick out on this planet till the evening.
            Bear cub with interest has looked on Mitchell, paternal that had an unpleasant feeling that the small animal perfectly understands it. That was totally ludicrous.
            - All right, I agree, - with a sigh have said Sam, rising on feet. - We have deviated a little a course. Now I will get the computer and all I will check up...
            -E, gays, - Daniel has in embarrassment said. - That it does?
            Carter has turned back to a small animal. The bear cub slowly felt the wool as though for something searched in it. And then in its shaggy hand there was a small stone, to a pain reminding any device.
            - That for... the amazed Cameron has murmured.
            But to make though something it wasn't in time any more. It is not known whence there was a wave of light which has in a flash blinded it and has tumbled down on the earth. Shouts from different directions were heard that has confirmed Cameron Mitchell's the worst fears.
            However, all it any more had no sense. Because all group SG-1 lay on the earth without consciousness.
            The bear cub has hidden the device back in the wool. And then has loudly said in the come silence:
            - It is well worked, Devek! Give get out of bushes! I swear all false gods гоа'улдов! Your ears are visible to me even from here!

Comment

- Here it is not necessary to offend! - have answered it from bushes. Is you has got to a trap, instead of we!
              On a glade there were the three beings differing from Kamulis only by color of wool near eyes. Two from them there and then have begun to remove from people a uniform together with the weapon, and the third has approached to Kamulis almost end-to-end.
              - How you only has managed? - Devek, stains round eyes which were a bright yellow shade has told. - To tell to whom in a city so won't believe! Will ridicule! The respectable biologist and a member of the Supreme body Furlings has casually got stuck...
              - All right, all right! - Kamulis has departed on some steps and was inclined over lying Samantha. - You haven't bad put them! It is not necessary so strongly...
              - They posed threat, - has roughly interrupted Devek. - As they ours us?
              - It seems that all business in the manuscript, - the question of Kamulis has answered. It has approached to Daniel and has carefully pulled out from his hand of convolutions. Then has developed it and it was quickly ran on it by eyes.
              - Perfectly, - has told. Furling then has transferred it in hands of Devek.
              - Thought that it has been destroyed, - has said Devek, having read the manuscript. - It seems that Ancient not all to us has told.
              - Similar on that, - Kamulis has nodded. - Anyway it is a sign.
              - A sign? - Devek has sniffed.
              - Yes! And still what... I think it people with Tau’ri.
              - What from that? Yes be they though Ancient...Kamulis, this place is hidden as fiduciary! You perfectly know that will be, if...
              - I know, Devek! - Kamulis has raised the voice. - But I also know that these people have destroyed goa’ulds! Also have eliminated threat from party Ori! In my opinion it forces all in another way concerns their kind, whether not so?
              Devek has begun to roar. That was a sure sign of its mistrust and a rage.
              - One of them —jaffa! - It has muttered, specifying on lying Teal'c. - You too will order to leave it in the live?
              -Jaffa any more don't serve гоа'улдам! - Kamulis has told. - You perfectly know it.
              - It to solve to Council, instead of us, - has thrown Devek. - We will transfer them to a city?
              - No, it is not necessary, - has shaken a shaggy head of Kamulis. - It is better to transfer them to village.
              - Means, you all the same don't trust them? - Has asked Devek.
              - So hasn't told. After all they have rescued me. My transmitter has been clamped by a tree together with my foot. Therefore I also couldn't call to the aid. All right, transfer them!
              Two others Furlings have approached to a lying command and have highly lifted hands over a head. And at the very same time all of them have disappeared.
              - But hope, you know that do, - have lowed Devek.
              - But too, - Kamulis has told. - There Come dark times, my friend. And you perfectly know it. I said for a long time already to Council that it is time to us to get out of this hole. And now at us doesn't remain other exit.
              - The exit is always.
              - To but not this time. Asgard isn’t present more. Ancient have raised also it to spit on destiny of the Galaxy. And Nox never will harm somebody. Tau’ri our unique hope.
              - But they not Ancient, Kamulis! - Derek has blown up. - They can ruin not only, but also us!
              - Probably, but I trust in them, - parried Kamulis. - Or they will help us... Or all of us are waited by destruction.
              Derek there was nothing to answer more. He with a sigh has hung a head and has there and then disappeared.
              - Our Destiny and Destiny of all Galaxy again in hands at Tau’ri! - Has said Kamulis, addressing to wood - What irony...

Comment

Ну, что поделать... Переводчиков знакомых у меня нет...

Comment

I can't read any of this, it's too gibberish to me.
                  sigpic
                  The Edge of the Night; contains love from the heart and soul, outpouring love to one and love one country.

Comment

its good in theory but like womble pointed out internet translators don't work that well grammar wise. Best thing to do if your determined for English speaking fans to read your fiction is to find someone who can translate it by hand.
                    sigpic

Comment

It agree. I will search...

Comment

?????, ???? ????? ??? ???????????????? Who speaks Russian? ????? ?????. It is very necessary.

Comment

As you can see,some languages just aren't supported by vbb here.
                          The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

There was a support earlier. I use the translator so Russians respond.

Comment

Looks like you need a Beta reader/partner who's fluent in Russian<->English language.

Hopefully someone will see your thread and offer their services,or at least suggest places to ask for help (eg fic & beta sites.)

Good luck!
                              The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Working...
                              X