Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This I must listen to. Downloading it now.

ETA/ Listening to it now. Oh, the aretood stuff is fun! I can't wait for him to get back and listen to it.

ETA2/ Sky, you totally don't sound like I had imagined you would.

ETA3/ I really think this is a new welcome (warm) perspective, in contrast with the normal podcast. I usually don't listen to the normal podcast, or only brief fragments 'cause usually it's too ""technical"" - about things I can just read about. And I usually don't want to spend 40 minutes listening, even though the subjects might be very interesting, 'cause mostly I don't have the time, or I can just read up to the subjects in a lot less time. Usually a podcast isn't my thing.

This new podcast, however, is nice 'cause in a way it gives us (me) an insight into something that usually doesn't come up anywhere else. It's nice to hear you talk about "your experiences". Oh and Sky, I'll never be able to look at her again in the same way she; sounds so totally different than I imagined.

ETA4/ Tame, your laugh... it's ... catching.

BTW I like the "fanfic" topic.
    Last edited by Jper; 19 August 2010, 01:55 AM.
    A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

Originally posted by Jper View Post
      previous post
      ETA5/ Sky is really a good guest. Plus, it's nice that she knows what she's talking about, certainly the fanfic topic. I like the topic.

6/ And I really like this promotion for the fanfic/fandom folder.

7/ Oh, and it's over. It was good. Looking forward to the next one.
      Last edited by Jper; 19 August 2010, 02:24 AM.
      A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

We had fun doing it, and I know I'd do it again if she'll have me.
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Listening to it now (first GW podcast I've ever listened to!), really enjoying it so far. None of you sound anything like I expected

Sky, your voice reminds me of Tex in Red vs Blue

edit; more Sky, more Sky! Less time on fanfic (I loathe fanfic), but MORE SKY
          Last edited by DigiFluid; 19 August 2010, 03:19 AM.
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

It was great.

But, Sky your voice so does not sound like I thought it would. I always thought that the Grand Empress' voice would've been darker and maybe have had an evil manical laugh too.

I enjoyed the segments on aretood2's thread, which is awesome BTW, and the parts on fanfiction were also good. I always enjoy reading a good fanfic, the problem is just that sometimes it can be hard to find the gems for all the other well.... not so good stuff (not talking about just GW here, but FF.Net and other sites too).

My mind did drift off a bit during the convention talk, but that is mostly because I'm not reallly interested in that stuff.

I really enjoyed this first episode and I'm sure going to listen to the next one. Oh, and Sky must be a guest again in the future. ME WANTS MOAR SKY!
            sigpic

Comment

I enjoyed all the topics you covered, especially the fan conventions. I'm going to my first convention next week (granted it's not a fan-run Stargate one...) and I thought all the little insights were interesting.

Comment

Skydiver HAZ Fans ...you guys are awesome!! Thank you so much for the feedback
                Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Tame your voice is totally not what I expected

But I think you've (already!) struck pretty solid balance between acting as an interviewer (allowing the interviewee to talk) and interjecting your own thoughts into things (which is kind of what I expeted from "TameZone" )
                  "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

what kind of voice were you expecting from me

and Thank you for the feedback!!
                    Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Great podcast, Tame. I enjoyed the topics, especially the info about the fanfic forum.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar View Post
                        what kind of voice were you expecting from me

and Thank you for the feedback!!
                        Well at least I expected something like this guy.....
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEZcslNOEBg

EDIT:
                        Do'h! I accidentally posted the wrong vid. Fixed now!
                        sigpic

Comment

Ooh this sounds like fun I don't normally listen to many podcasts cause I get bored very easily. Well I have a short attention span But I'll give this a try
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EvilSpaceAlien View Post
                            Well at least I expected something like this guy.....
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEZcslNOEBg

EDIT:
                            Do'h! I accidentally posted the wrong vid. Fixed now!
                            LOL ...hopefully you just mean that I would have been as playful and fun.....and not that you expected me to sound like a guy with a British accent

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                            Ooh this sounds like fun I don't normally listen to many podcasts cause I get bored very easily. Well I have a short attention span But I'll give this a try
                            Thanks for taking the time and I hope we are able to keep you listening

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar View Post
                              LOL ...hopefully you just mean that I would have been as playful and fun.....and not that you expected me to sound like a guy with a British accent
                              Err..... yes. Playful...
                              sigpic

Comment

Enjoying the show, looking forward to next episode
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X