This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A 3rd Shuttle and FTL?

Not sure if this has been mentioned before but there appears to be a third shuttle 'landing-pad' (for lack of a better word) on the Destiny.

If the links work properly, here are some pics from 'Air (Part Three)'. If they don't, the two images can be found on Page 27 of the 'Air (Part Three)' screen-capture gallery.

http://http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/displayimage.php?album=893&pos=1339

http://http://gateworld.net/gallery/displayimage.php?album=893&pos=1340

Just wondering what could have happened to this shuttle.
    Maybe it was destroyed, or does it mean that someone/thing has indeed been on the ship before?

Also, bit-off topic but I have a theory about why the amount of time allocated to each FTL stop changes frequently. My theory is that the longer the ship is in FTL for, the longer it has to stay out of FTL to 'recover' (again for lack of a better word). For example; in 'Lost', the ship seams to have only been in FTL for a few hours since the end of 'Human', perhaps explaining why it only drops out of FTL for around 3 hours.
    The only exceptions to this are when it stops to receive an incoming wormhole, engine failure, random stars that shouldn't exist etc etc.

Any Thoughts on either topic?

(Once again apologies if either of these things have been mentioned before, couldn't really be bothered to check for them)
    Last edited by MrMann101; 19 August 2010, 03:34 AM.

Those links aren't working, the http// is at the start of them twice
    I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

Not sure about the FTL issue, but it certainly looks like there's another shuttle dock facing aft on the port side of Destiny. Url for page 27 is http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/thu...um=893&page=27

Comment

thats pretty obvious what it is. most likely the shuttle was removed/destroyed when whatever blew holes in the ship happened. chances are it will never be mentioned in the show

Comment

Yes the third shuttle has been mentioned before, however I havent found it discussed as to where it is? Or was it ever there.
          It's also been said before that A LOT of TIME has passed since Destiny was launched. We DO NOT KNOW if the ancient ever came to Destiny, or if Destiny has been boarded. We've pretty much been in the dark for a whole season. I'm beginning to we'll be in the dark in season 2 as well.

If the shuttle was blasted from the ship, we'd see ship damage as in scoring and such. The shuttle is simply not there, or appears that way even though the locks are engaged. So was Destiny boarded? Or was Destiny not launched unmanned?
          sigpic

Comment

Well one theory would be that the smurfs have taken the shuttle to study it , and the part whit the locks , well maybe before entering FTL it auto locks those locks
            sigpic
            Stargate Mods List

I am webxro , google me .SG,ST,SW,B5 Fan since forever.
            StarTrek Excalibur enthusiast and Pardus player .
            GW member infractions : 1

Comment

Nope in episode 12 Destiny wouldnt autolock the clams even if the shuttle was docked.
              It has to be done manualy from the shuttle control pannel.

Also if doctor Cane does return in season 2 then why is it so hard to think that the shuttle left behind on the planet comes back with him/them(if more people do come back).

Comment

the ancients NEVER boarded Destiny, the ptb told us that and said they are not going to suddenly bring it in.

Comment

Probably partially destroyed sometime during the last millions of years and the computer auto released it.

Comment

Originally posted by The Swarm View Post
                    Nope in episode 12 Destiny wouldnt autolock the clams even if the shuttle was docked.
                    It has to be done manualy from the shuttle control pannel.

Also if doctor Cane does return in season 2 then why is it so hard to think that the shuttle left behind on the planet comes back with him/them(if more people do come back).
                    because it was damaged and it doesnt have FTL capabilities. and we're not talking about that shuttle.

Comment

OK, links are working now!

Comment

Originally posted by dacooker View Post
                        Yes the third shuttle has been mentioned before, however I havent found it discussed as to where it is? Or was it ever there.
                        It's also been said before that A LOT of TIME has passed since Destiny was launched. We DO NOT KNOW if the ancient ever came to Destiny, or if Destiny has been boarded. We've pretty much been in the dark for a whole season. I'm beginning to we'll be in the dark in season 2 as well.

If the shuttle was blasted from the ship, we'd see ship damage as in scoring and such. The shuttle is simply not there, or appears that way even though the locks are engaged. So was Destiny boarded? Or was Destiny not launched unmanned?
                        Rush said in Air at some point that the ancients never went to Destiny
                        I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

Here's a thought. If the Ancients did come to Destiny who's to say they didn't erase any record of their being there for some reason. Rush simply applied Occum's Razor and assumed that because there was no record of anyone else coming through the wormhole the Ancients never came to the ship. That may not be true.
                          All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story...

"Scott isn't out. Actually, he'll probably soon get back in, then out, then in, then out, then in, with rhythm and stamina." reddevil 4/22/2010

Comment

Didn't the Senator die in one of the shuttles? They must have ejected it or it was eventually destroyed (i.e. by the Pulsar if not before).
                            The signature has been destroyed!

Comment

There were two shuttles. One was working, and the other with the broken window is the one the Senator died in. As for what happened to it...

Spoilers for Faith:

Spoiler:
                              In Faith they fixed the shuttle's window (not sure what they did with his body) and left it behind on the planet.

Comment

Working...
                              X