This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MW/SG1 Stargate For Sale!

Propworx has announced the time and place of their first official Stargate live auction.

The event will be held Saturday and Sunday, September 25 and 26, 2010 at the Science Fiction Museum in Seattle, WA, according to a news story published on their Web site yesterday.

Easily the most prominent piece in this sale will be the SG-1 travel Stargate (pictured above), seen in countless episodes on-location. This lot will not include the DHD.

Source: GateWorld
    http://www.gateworld.net/news/2010/0...#comment-12432

I was also wondering... wouldn't this be problematic if, eventually, Stargate: Revolution gets made and they need this prop? I didn't think they had any to spare.

Also, anyone have some whole trunk full of money which he/she would be willing to donate to me so I could buy it?!
    A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

They still have Cheyenne Mountain Stargate. Also you can CGI it in.
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Well I was going to put my money towards the University education, but this seems a much better way to spend my money

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        They still have Cheyenne Mountain Stargate. Also you can CGI it in.
        Indeed, you can, but I'm wondering how much money MGM will actually make by selling all these items and if in the end it will be profitable, 'cause if you need to use other props and move them, or pay for CGI, or pay for new props... or ... Just wondering.

Comment

Originally posted by Jper View Post
          Indeed, you can, but I'm wondering how much money MGM will actually make by selling all these items and if in the end it will be profitable, 'cause if you need to use other props and move them, or pay for CGI, or pay for new props... or ... Just wondering.
          Better to sell them then to have them clutter up space in Bridge studios. The location gate hasn't really been used since the series ended
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            Better to sell them then to have them clutter up space in Bridge studios. The location gate hasn't really been used since the series ended
            Well, then, storage must cost a lot of money. I thought storage was cheap. I understand selling of a whole bunch of staff weapons that are easy to replicate if you need more new ones, if you'll even need new ones, 'cause I bet they have way too much of those... but recreating this prop will cost a lot of money, and it's not like they are just lying around...

I wonder what this means for the movie. MGM must be pretty desperate for money if it starts selling these things? No? Yes? I've never really followed auctions like this before for other series.

Comment

I want this, I best start buying lottery tickets and crossing my fingers
              Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

as much as i would like to buy it (and i probably can) id have no where to store it, theres no place insisde big enough and im sure as hell not leaving it outside....id have to buy or hire storage but then id never get to look at it.

id much rather build my own model that actually spins (which the offowrld gate doesnt do)

Comment

the way i understand it, most props(sets included) are usually cheaper to make than they are to store for long term. besides, they got 10 years service out of it and are going to sell it for what i'd imagine is WAY more than it cost to build. i'd say it was a good investment, even if they do have to make another one.

Comment

i'll pass ... how big is it anyway?
                    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                      i'll pass ... how big is it anyway?
                      Big.
                      Das guy eating vegetabbles, says 'Waock!' and nice guy obliteratio for sudden.

I always hated that saying...

Comment

The normal/actual Stargate's total diameter is approximately 22 feet or 6.7ish meters. The Inner dimension is approximately 16.5 feet or 5.ish meters. However, I think the off-world gate, which is the one they are selling, is a bit smaller.

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
                          as much as i would like to buy it (and i probably can) id have no where to store it, theres no place insisde big enough and im sure as hell not leaving it outside....id have to buy or hire storage but then id never get to look at it.

id much rather build my own model that actually spins (which the offowrld gate doesnt do)
                          It's not as if any would/is able to steal it
                          Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi_Master_Bra'tac View Post
                            It's not as if any would/is able to steal it
                            That would be very difficult, unless the gate is in pieces and it isnt one solid piece.

Comment

I wonder how much it will sell for...

Comment

Working...
                              X