Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ancients and their Inconsideration For NonEvil Beings Who Stumble Upon Their Tech

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ancients and their Inconsideration For NonEvil Beings Who Stumble Upon Their Tech

OK. I'm really covering two topics here--Ancient Technology and Ancient Ethics. Perhaps Ancient common sense too.

I was wondering if the Ancients who invented and/or decided to place the Repositories of Knowledge bothered to think what might happen if someone happened to accidentally interface with it whose conscious mind wasn't compatible with it. Did they not care? I'd hope not. If they cared, why couldn't they have a subroutine and software built into the overall programming which scanned the human not only to be sure they weren't a Jaffa but that they weren't physiologically unsuited to safely recieve the downloaded mass of information?

Also, when Merlin created the Black Knights knowing they could harm people who didn't know how to neutralize them, what was he thinking? Couldn't he just transport those people somewhere else if they weren't the ones meant to find the discoveries those Knights guarded?

Really bothering me when I think about these two particular scenarios.
    If you're interested in reading my longest fanfic story, which is an action/adventure story involving the elusive Furlings (as well as if you want to read the others), please click the link below.
    [URL="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6888222/1/Tauri_Furling_First_Contact_and_Alliance[/URL]

RIP Sep 2010 to beloved gateworld.net member and forum contributor Weedle, very skilled soldier with military special operations, a wonderful human being, and a friend to so many on gateworld. May we keep his memory close.

Originally posted by StargateWatcher View Post
    OK. I'm really covering two topics here--Ancient Technology and Ancient Ethics. Perhaps Ancient common sense too.

I was wondering if the Ancients who invented and/or decided to place the Repositories of Knowledge bothered to think what might happen if someone happened to accidentally interface with it whose conscious mind wasn't compatible with it. Did they not care? I'd hope not. If they cared, why couldn't they have a subroutine and software built into the overall programming which scanned the human not only to be sure they weren't a Jaffa but that they weren't physiologically unsuited to safely recieve the downloaded mass of information?
    Well, you have to be intelligent (as they need to be accessed via Stargate or starship) and have the Ancient Gene to make the repositories work. So, more likely they were left behind for their decendants, after intelligence had "evolved" to the point that they could understand, and not just stick their heads into places.

Also, when Merlin created the Black Knights knowing they could harm people who didn't know how to neutralize them, what was he thinking? Couldn't he just transport those people somewhere else if they weren't the ones meant to find the discoveries those Knights guarded?

Really bothering me when I think about these two particular scenarios.
    For the Black Knight in Camelot, the sole purpose of it was to guard, and if necessary, kill the people that tried to invade his study/house/whatever. And having dead bodies is a rather good deterrent from it happening again.
    If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
    Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
    If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
    Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

I'm pretty sure them letting anubis nearly take over the MW just to punish oma and leaving the wraith be when they ascended shows the moral code of the ancients.
      sigpic

Comment

The person who looked in the repositorie was assumed to be an ancient, hence why the ATA gene was required, the had no clue that humans would have the gene.

Comment

We leave land mines everywhere, knowing that they will eventually kill some kid chasing his basketball at some stage in the future.

At least the Ancient gear you mentioned wasn't intended to kill.

I must say I agree with the comment above re what the Ancients do (or more to the point, don't do) when ascended. They are just a bunch of lazy nuff nuffs.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Dude of Lebowski View Post
            I'm pretty sure them letting anubis nearly take over the MW just to punish oma and leaving the wraith be when they ascended shows the moral code of the ancients.
            That was after the asended, they may have had a different view on the Universe then.

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

i do not believe the ancients planned on dying. also as ascended beings, they don't interfere because their power can easily corrupt them

Comment

the ATA Gene isn't required, because Daniel doesn't have it and he was able to use one

Comment

that wasn't your regular headsucker.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                    that wasn't your regular headsucker.
                    That one was modified my Merlin, and since Merlin was in daniel's head, he was able to use it.

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

Originally posted by The Dude of Lebowski View Post
                      We learned how the Ancients viewed us. Something like ants or bugs, IIRC. Would you concern yourself with some ants?
                      If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
                      Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
                      If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
                      Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Originally posted by lordofseas View Post
                        We learned how the Ancients viewed us. Something like ants or bugs, IIRC. Would you concern yourself with some ants?
                        Can you blame them for seeing us as ants?

Comment

Nope we are bugs not ants , but i can't blame them , just take a look at the worlds "intellect" and you will see
                          sigpic
                          Stargate Mods List

I am webxro , google me .SG,ST,SW,B5 Fan since forever.
                          StarTrek Excalibur enthusiast and Pardus player .
                          GW member infractions : 1

Comment

Originally posted by webxro View Post
                            Nope we are bugs not ants , but i can't blame them , just take a look at the worlds "intellect" and you will see
                            bugs, ants; its all the same thing. The main thing is that they don't exaclty view us in the highest regard.

Comment

Well that's because we didn't accomplish anything spectacular , well maybe a few thing but nothing to get their attention , except for dealing whit the ori which is done whit their weapons , but they are to scared to use them .

I will stop now because i am arguing whit myself , well i come back after i win against myself
                              sigpic
                              Stargate Mods List

I am webxro , google me .SG,ST,SW,B5 Fan since forever.
                              StarTrek Excalibur enthusiast and Pardus player .
                              GW member infractions : 1

Comment

Working...
                              X