X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Season 1.0 DVD officially announced!

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Cap...-point-0/14232

Bonus Features:
    • SEASON 1.5 SNEAK PEEK: An all-new sneak peek at upcoming episodes featuring Ronald D. Moore and the Caprica cast.
    • 13 VIDEO BLOGS: A look behind-the-scenes and from the set of "Caprica."
    • PODCASTS with co-creator/executive producer, Ronald D. Moore, executive producer David Eick, co-executive producer Jonas Pate and the "Caprica" cast and crew.
    • FEATURE COMMENTARIES with co-creator/executive producer Ronald D. Moore, executive producers Jane Espenson and David Eick along with director Jeffrey Reiner.
    • UNRATED & EXTENDED PILOT EPISODE: with commentary from director Jeffrey Reiner, executive producer/writer Ronald D. Moore and executive producer David Eick.
    • BEHIND-THE-SCENES:
      - THE CAPRICA DYNASTY: Viewers will learn how "Caprica" came about and discover from the cast exactly what it was that appealed to them about the project and their experiences making it.
      - THE LOOK OF CAPRICA: With its unique take on futuristic style, "Caprica" redefines the Sci-Fi genre with a mix of film noir and classic 1940s fashion. Fans will discover the influences for this distinctive look and learn how it was achieved.
      - CREATING A WORLD: Visual Effects supervisor, Gary Hutzel and his team lift the lid on the virtual sets, CGI Cylons and matte backgrounds that makes up the futuristic world of "Caprica."
    • 48 DELETED SCENES
    48 deleted scenes? Holy smokes!

No mention of a Blu-ray release though, so I guess I'm not getting it
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Half-season sets dont seem to be dying out....

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
      Despite SGU EPIC failing with half sets! LOL

Way to shoot yourself in the foot Caprica.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by replicator todd View Post
        bsg
        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

No 1.0 BD means they are giving blu-Ray a "complete first season" then. That's good news. Maybe I'll pick up the blu-ray.
          sigpic
          Stargate Chicago Con 2010 Attendee

Comment

That's a bit of a leap.
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
              That's a bit of a leap.
              I wouldn't say so at all. Universal has put all other BSG things out. Except Capricas pilot DVD. And that's because they didn't support blu-Ray at that time.
              sigpic

Comment

Well considering we don't really know when the hell Skiffy is releasing the second half of season 1 (sometime at the start of next yr), releasing this as a half set can't be any worse than probably waiting another whole year before all of season one is finally released.

A half set now might be their best bet to pick up at least one new viewer for the second half of the season....

Hopefully they will do like MGM is doing with SGU and eventually release a complete S1, but I ain't gonna hold my breath since the two BSG seasons that did this never did in R1.
                IMO always implied.

Comment

Package art and disc-by-disc bonus material details revealed!

Disc 1 Bonus Materials:
                  - Deleted Scenes
                  - Video Blogs
                  - "Pilot: Unrated, Extended Edition" Commentary with Director Jeffrey Reiner and Executive Producer/Writer Ronald D. Moore and Executive Producer David Eick

Disc 2 Bonus Materials:
                  - Deleted Scenes
                  - Video Blogs
                  - "Reins of a Waterfall" Commentary with Co-Creator/Executive Producer Ronald D. Moore
                  - Podcasts

Disc 3 Bonus Materials:
                  - Deleted Scenes
                  - The Caprica Dynasty
                  - The Look of Caprica
                  - "Gravedancing" Commentary with Executive Producer Jane Espenson
                  - Podcasts

Disc 4 Bonus Materials:
                  - Deleted Scenes
                  - Creating a World
                  - Season 1.5 Sneak Peek
                  - Podcasts

Art
                  Spoiler:

I'm hoping that art gets revised. It's so....plain. A complete season 1 release with different art would also be acceptable

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post

I'm hoping that art gets revised. It's so....plain. A complete season 1 release with different art would also be acceptable
                    Agreed! If there even is going to be a complete season 1 release...

Comment

Whoever does their box art for BSG in general has never really been that good.

These were the only two I thought were good from BSG. 2.5 and 4.5.

At least they didn't make Zoe's eyes shoot red lasers. lol.
                      IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
                        Whoever does their box art for BSG in general has never really been that good.

These were the only two I thought were good from BSG. 2.5 and 4.5.

At least they didn't make Zoe's eyes shoot red lasers. lol.
                        Do you get a different cover art than us europeans?

Season 1
                        Season 2
                        Season 3
                        Season 4

EDIT:
                        D'oh! I just noticed that your post said 2.5 and 4.5. I'm glad we didn't have to go through that mess.
                        sigpic

Comment

The US had your S1 and 2 covers but not the other two.

Those S1 and 2 seem to be lacking the oh so great red lasers emitted from the human Cylon eyes that we had. here and here That's as bad as pirated stuff that comes out of China. Did no one watch the show when they did that.
                          IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
                            The US had your S1 and 2 covers but not the other two.

Those S1 and 2 seem to be lacking the oh so great red lasers emitted from the human Cylon eyes that we had. here and here That's as bad as pirated stuff that comes out of China. Did no one watch the show when they did that.
                            Oh, god that was awful. What were they thinking when they did that!?
                            Still, I'm not a huge fan of the S1 and 2 covers even without the mega-awesome Laser Eyesâ„¢. S3 is probably my favorite cover of them all.
                            sigpic

Comment

The blu-Ray covers for S2 and s4 are pretty decent. Blu got full season sets and not half season sets. (except 4.5 which we did get)

I'm looking forward to this. It appears to be a feature packed release.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X