Ancients vs Planet Builders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nth Chevron View Post
    The distance that Destiny is out into the universe, means that there could be a higher order than ascension, or, it could mean that ascension is a club you get into after your species surviving long enough to evolve to the point of ascension, in which case, the amount of galaxies out there; has to be more than just the ancients.

N.C
    the episode threads is really good for first hand quotes from ascended beings on the idea of there is different levels to ascension, (not sure if same episode or not but someone once stated that something higher than the ascended ancients could exist, could see that as foreshadowing? maybe the "others" are being subdued by higher ascended beings) also notably oma notes that the ascended entities are not all ancients, there are other races in the ascended collective.

got this theory going that if ascension was the prime goal possibly even before the alteran civil split, the ancients and ori aspired to ascend to achieve the power and knowledge, maybe even forming a belief in higher powers than themselves (inspiration for destiny's mission? possible universal sentience, maybe the planet builders?) possibly by ascending they got their answers and didn't need to go to destiny.

Comment

The Destiny is so far away from where the ancients started, that it's likely there are none to be found...except for the possibility of one or more slipping through the gate during the Icarus evac.

Let's face it, if I were an ascended ancient and I saw humans about to reach out and touch a piece of technology that pre-dates myself, but was built by my people, I might go along for the ride...quietly...the whole non-interference gag order and all.

How do I love this idea, let me count the ways.
      As an ascended ancient...

1. I would want to see destiny first hand. - Now we all know that being ascended does not mean you can magically teleport anywhere in existence. It still takes effort to cross vast distances, which is why we see Oma and Orlin use gate travel, even when they're all glowy.

2. I would want to explore the possibility of other ascended races so far from home. - We also know that the ancients are the oldest and most advanced society to ever grace the milky way/pegasus, and probably a few other galaxies within some kind of immediate vicinity...as far as galaxies go anyway. But I doubt even ascended ancients ever made it that far out. Most importantly, there is no way of know for sure, but there may very well be waaaay older races out there that have been ascended even longer....and considering the world builders in SGU: Faith actually built a star and planet....and being ascended pretty much comes with the ability to manipulate natural forces...who's to say it wasn't one of these other ascended races that decided to do it....after all, one of the men that remained on the planet points out to Johanson that a nebula showed up at the same time she magically appeared back on the planet with her unborn child now born...somehow....all while her physical body lay in the infirmary aboard destiny at the same time.

I believe she was in an ascended like dream-state where her consciousness was in contact with the others that remained on the planet, because they had already been ascended by the planet builders...and to save the child, the planet builders had also ascended the baby...but Johanson made her "choice" (like daniel did a few times) and was not allowed to change her mind, so her consciousness was returned to her body....where once again she saw the same nebula she had seen from the planet.

My theory is the nebula represents the local society of ascended beings....and there you have it.

Comment

Working...
      X