Ancients vs Planet Builders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ancients vs Planet Builders

Some friends and I were discussing Stargate (mostly in general), and of course the topic shifted over to SGU.

We started talking about the differences in technology, old Ancient versus "new" ancient, and other such things.

Someone, after some time of talking about this, brought up the Planet Builders. They said (this person is always the "devils advocate" so to speak): "It the Ancients were as advanced as everyone said, why didn't they do something like this to get away from the Ori? I mean, they obviously weren't that advanced if they cant do that!"

The general consensus was: The Ancients learned to Ascend first. No doubt had they continued on their course, they could have been able to build planets and stars and such.

Anyway, that's what we just came up with. What does everyone else think?
    sigpic

I'm sure that the Ancients were able to build stars and planets if they wanted to. There's nothing proving that they couldn't. Why would they want to, however, is another question. Creating a solar system in their own galaxy wouldn't stop the Ori from finding them.

Comment

Creating a solar system it's a piece of cake in the SG universe , you just make a gravity point in hydrogen nebula to make a star , the do the same thing in a asteroid field , and you have a planet , now you move the planet near the star , use some time dilation device , and you could have a life supporting planet in a year or so , but how does this help them get away from the ori or beat the wraith
      sigpic
      Stargate Mods List

I am webxro , google me .SG,ST,SW,B5 Fan since forever.
      StarTrek Excalibur enthusiast and Pardus player .
      GW member infractions : 1

Comment

maybe they did build a solar system, i would go as far as maybe they created ours, maybe that is why there is no Naquada on Earth or anywhere else in the Sol system

Comment

maybe that is why there is no Naquada on Earth or anywhere else in the Sol system
          you fail astrophysics forever

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
            Pointless post is pointless. I know you have lots of "green" but that doesn't mean you can just go around telling people they suck.
            Originally posted by General Jumper One View Post
            maybe they did build a solar system, i would go as far as maybe they created ours, maybe that is why there is no Naquada on Earth or anywhere else in the Sol system
            Well we know that the Ancients came to Earth and didn't build it so that can't be true. However, there's nothing against saying that another advanced race built Sol and moved on and the Ancients just kind of stumbled upon it later.

I think it's a possibility, just not the Ancients. Some other race would of had to have built Sol.
            sigpic
            ____I reserve the right to be completely wrong about any topic I post on.

Comment

Originally posted by Dreyth View Post
              Some friends and I were discussing Stargate (mostly in general), and of course the topic shifted over to SGU.

We started talking about the differences in technology, old Ancient versus "new" ancient, and other such things.

Someone, after some time of talking about this, brought up the Planet Builders. They said (this person is always the "devils advocate" so to speak): "It the Ancients were as advanced as everyone said, why didn't they do something like this to get away from the Ori? I mean, they obviously weren't that advanced if they cant do that!"

The general consensus was: The Ancients learned to Ascend first. No doubt had they continued on their course, they could have been able to build planets and stars and such.

Anyway, that's what we just came up with. What does everyone else think?
              Why would they need to build a planet to escape from the Ori? That would just help them nothing. Have no effect whatsoever, seeing as how the Ori are ascended beings...

Also, why would they even want to? If they could ascend, surely that would be the option instead of building a new planet?

Furthermore, it seems more than obvious/logical that the Ancients could do what you describe. Your general consensus is (seems) weird. Why would they ascend first? Most likely they could create planets, suns, solar systems etc. before they learned to ascend...
              A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                you failed first, astrophysics and what elements are on the planet if they created it don't have anything to do with each other.

Comment

The point is, given the fact that the Ancients were something like 1.8 to 2 n the Kardashiev scale, with their harnessing zero point energy, they could have built a planet or a system.

In theory.

The Planet Builders are what the Ancient were like before SGA, mysterious, unknown, powerful. Without further data, I'd have to put the Planet Builders on the same with the Alterra at the height of their empire.

Comment

Well i would think the same , and if you thing a little , Tau'ri could build a planet whit their current technology
                    sigpic
                    Stargate Mods List

Comment

Originally posted by webxro View Post
                      Well i would think the same , and if you thing a little , Tau'ri could build a planet whit their current technology
                      I doubt it, we don't have any way to actually control gravity. I don't think the people in the SG universe fully understand it either.

Originally posted by Jper View Post
                      Why would they need to build a planet to escape from the Ori? That would just help them nothing. Have no effect whatsoever, seeing as how the Ori are ascended beings...

Also, why would they even want to? If they could ascend, surely that would be the option instead of building a new planet?

Furthermore, it seems more than obvious/logical that the Ancients could do what you describe. Your general consensus is (seems) weird. Why would they ascend first? Most likely they could create planets, suns, solar systems etc. before they learned to ascend...
                      I guess it's time for a little Ancient history lesson (pun totally intended). The Ancients and the Ori used to be one people: The Alterans. After a disagreement over basic philosophical differences (The Ancients were becoming more technologically advanced and the Ori were becoming increasingly pious), they split into two factions: The Lanteans (Ancients) and the Ori. The Ori were becoming increasingly angry at the Lanteans blasphemous behavior and refusal to convert to their way of thinking, so they launched an attack at them, intending to start a war.

It was at this time that the Ancients left their homeworld (I think. It could have been just a planet that they were inhabiting at the time, though I doubt it, seeing as how both the Lanteans and the Ori lived there.) and headed to the Milky Way.

The Ori found them, and sent a plague. Both factions ascended.

The end.

I mean, obviously, there was much more to it, but for the sake of time, I won't go into it. Suffice it to say, I was trying to point out that it would have at least bought them some time to build another system outside the vision of the Ori (which were on the same level of existence as the Lanteans), so that they could have done more to help protect themselves.

P.S. Sorry, I meant no disrespect.
                      sigpic

Comment

I guess it's time for a little Ancient history lesson (pun totally intended). The Ancients and the Ori used to be one people: The Alterans. After a disagreement over basic philosophical differences (The Ancients were becoming more technologically advanced and the Ori were becoming increasingly pious), they split into two factions: The Lanteans (Ancients) and the Ori. The Ori were becoming increasingly angry at the Lanteans blasphemous behavior and refusal to convert to their way of thinking, so they launched an attack at them, intending to start a war.

It was at this time that the Ancients left their homeworld (I think. It could have been just a planet that they were inhabiting at the time, though I doubt it, seeing as how both the Lanteans and the Ori lived there.) and headed to the Milky Way.

The Ori found them, and sent a plague. Both factions ascended.

The end.
                        Okay, already know this.

I mean, obviously, there was much more to it, but for the sake of time, I won't go into it. Suffice it to say, I was trying to point out that it would have at least bought them some time to build another system outside the vision of the Ori (which were on the same level of existence as the Lanteans), so that they could have done more to help protect themselves.
                        Why? They (eventually) moved to the Milky Way, a solar system out of the vision of the Ori. They didn't need to create planets/stars/etc. 'cause they are abundantly available.

Besides, if you want to talk history, the Ancients did seed the Milky Way with life... The Dakara device. So if that's any indication at all, I'd say they were pretty much up to speed with the "Planet-building"-race.

P.S. Sorry, I meant no disrespect.
                        None taken. At all.

ETA/ Also, of course, when the Ori became ascended beings, hiding on this plain of existence was no option anymore imho, so ascension was only a logical step for the Ancients IMO.
                        A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

Hmm this is interesting and all (just read the whole thread)
                          I was thinking that we miss a part of Ancients history.
                          The part were the Ancients recreated human life PLUS accelerated ancientlife and those were less advanced and mixed with the older ancients who then almost all ascended.
                          The few real Ancients and Lanteans that are left and get hit by the plaque and then the ones that can ascend ascend, and the rest leaves for Pegasus. We humans evolved at a normal rate.
                          This could be why the Lanteans are idiots compared to older ancients, they were young and not wise at all.
                          Just my way of dealing with the difference between the Ancients that came from the Ori galaxy and the ancients that were in Pegasus.
                          The Ancients that came to the Milky Way were at a very high level, probably able to do the same as the planetbuilders.

Comment

No , a huge part of their tech is developed in MW and PG , so you can't say that they where stronger when they got here
                            sigpic
                            Stargate Mods List

Comment

Originally posted by webxro View Post
                              No , a huge part of their tech is developed in MW and PG , so you can't say that they where stronger when they got here
                              And the proof of this is where? It is just a theory, so when there is no proof, it remains 1 theory, what is yours?

Comment

Working...
                              X