No announcement yet.

The Ex-Files (408)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I liked the slinky red dress comment from Grant but did you guys catch the other reference that nathan stark pointed out to another show?

Carter: You're dead, or undead.
    Stark: (looks in mirror) Nope, not a vampire

Maybe homage to when he played a vampire on True Blood?

Comment

Originally posted by tomstone View Post
      What did Grant mean with the blonde in the red dress coment?
      Spoiler tag for space
      Spoiler:
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

To the thing with Joe I can only say that the writers really enjoy making her life miserable, but in the end there is a real glimps of hope that Joe and Zane will get back together. The thing with Zane´s Grandmothers ring will be interesting. Does anyone know if Timetravel objects get replaced just like Persons? Could it be that the Zane of the new Timeline has a duplicate?
        I'm expecting in the next episode Zane would confront Jo and say "You had my grandmothers ring... but so did I!" or something...
        Last edited by Inquisitor; 28 August 2010, 06:17 PM.

Comment

Jo, people, Jo. Joe is a man's name.
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Lol, sorry. I'm too used to typing Joe.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
              I laughed so hard at that comment.
              Spoiler:
              Glad they did that little tribute to BSG.

Comment

I loved this episode. And I'm not a huge Nathan fan (I thought he was a jerk!) but he was hilarious on this episode. I kind of wish it was a two parter and that the extras remained for the second part. **sigh**

I'm glad that you guys brought up the red dress line of Grant's--I watched BSG exactly once, so I wouldn't have picked that up. But I love it when they pay homage to previous shows like that.

So, in this timeline, if Allison hadn't saved the man's life in 1947, I wonder if this coalition of bad guys would even be around.

I am looking forward to seeing what happens here--I haven't been this intrigued by a storyline since the Lost City arc on SG-1.

And yes--shades of Urgo--but then this whole story arc is classic, though provoking Sci Fi at its best. This has been a great season so far.

(On the teaser, they said that the next episode was the season finale-- I thought that this season was supposed to be 22 episodes? I'm confused. . .)
                sigpic
                My Stories: FFdotNet
                My Stories AO3
                Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

It's beenmentioned elsewhere, but there is supposed to be an episode for Christmas and then in January another 10 episodes. We were only given 20 total. Still more than we've been given before.
                  sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
                    (On the teaser, they said that the next episode was the season finale-- I thought that this season was supposed to be 22 episodes? I'm confused. . .)
                    Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
                    It's beenmentioned elsewhere, but there is supposed to be an episode for Christmas and then in January another 10 episodes. We were only given 20 total. Still more than we've been given before.
                    That's odd, we've had other sources say that the Xmas special will be episode 13

Comment

I saw the aforementioned bit over on the schedule/dates thread here. One of the actors tweeted it I believe. Give me a minute to quote it over here.
                      sigpic

Comment

As promised...

Originally posted by shli View Post
                        According to Colin Ferguson (on Twitter), Eureka's coming back for one episode around Christmas, and the back 10 episodes will air starting around January.
                        sigpic

Comment

I guess the Xmas special will be episode 10 then? I notice on the Syfy schedule that Eureka's entries end at mid-late September, while other shows (like Haven and Warehouse 13) list the remainder of their episodes for the year, or at least have blank spots for the remaining episodes.

Comment

All around a pretty cool episode. I actually liked the hallucination angle because it seemed a little too convenient that they both popped back up, one from the dead, at the same time. I did like seeing Tess and Stark though.

I was surprised to see Grant sucked in so quickly and easily, I would expect more from him. Kinda cool that he might get sent back to his original time, but I wonder what will change if he keeps the knowledge gained?

I'm hoping they don't leave that Jo/Zane moment at that, Zane has got to be suspicious of what went down. If they pretend that never happened...

Looking forward to next week!
                            sigpic

Comment

What did Grant mean with the blonde in the red dress coment?
                              Spoiler:
                              It was a nod to James Callis' character Baltar, on BSG, who was forever having hallucinations of one of the humanlike cylons - "a tall leggy blond in a skimpy red dress"

This was a great episode. I have no problem with the Carter/Allison ship. In fact I'm rather enjoying it. I was not happy to see Stark show up, until I realized he was a hallucination. I was afraid we were going to get more will they/won't they, everything tossed up in the air again angst, which would have been very annoying.

Seriously, I'm really liking this alternate time line and hope they don't go back and "fix it" somehow.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
                                It's amazing how I forget what kind of show Eureka is sometimes, especially when Carter pulls out a gun and I cannot honestly remember the last time he did that.

I loved it, really. As much as I love Tess, and as much as I love Stark, we're living in a timeline right now where the writers of Eureka are angling for Carter/Allison, and have been for a while now. And it works for me. It's not my first choice, but that the writers are able to angle it and make it enjoyable enough for me to really get behind it, that's a good thing. Besides, apart from her relationship with Carter, there wouldn't be much for Tess to do on the show, similar to how Ed Quinn left last year because there was no major storyline for Stark to deal with.

But, onto this episode: Fantastic. I very much missed the Carter/Stark banter, and it was here in full force - probably deliberate by the writers to simply have only Carter see Stark. It made for some greatness and Ed Quinn knocked it out of the park, easily sliding back into his old role. Jaime Ray Newman was great as the jilted Tess-hallucination - nice outfit, by the by. Jo's Zane hallucination was... ouch. Seriously, torturing her must be the writing staff's newest favourite pasttime, especially now that Henry is getting some (Woo!), and Erica Cerra is on the top of her game.

Zoe I felt was underused as all hell in this episode, but it was still nice to have her around. Fargo's little thing was great - "I'm seeing a twelve-year-old girl. It's not as creepy as it sounds.", as was Grant's. Beverly being back and her usual self was fun, though I couldn't help but wonder how much of her presence was caused by the new timeline or not (How did that artefact storyline go down in this timeline? I have to wonder, because Kevin's normal, Henry was probably married and didn't lose Kim and didn't go nuts for a while there... Hmm.)

So yeah, overall, I loved this episode. Carter/Stark interaction was the highlight of the season. I'll miss it, but I'll live.

EDIT: And I just got Grant's reference to a leggy blonde in a slinky red dress.

I'm handing in my BSG fancard for not picking that one up. Goddammit.
                                OMG , I totally love that , that was so amazing and funny , i do love James Callis he is great actor
                                sigpic
                                May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

Working...
                                X