Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 36
  1. #1
    Mighty Avenger
    (Moderator Emeritus)
    Madwelshboy's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2008
    Location
    Somewhere between the lab and labour ward
    Posts
    11,411

    Default The Ex-Files (408)

    People from their pasts haunt Carter and the gang while unknown forces attack Eureka.
    Please use the report feature to request the thread to be opened

  2. #2
    Air Force Chief of Staff Everlovin's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Dancing, singing, praising, and thanking!
    Posts
    36,595

    Default Re: The Ex-Files (408)

    Loved this episode. Love Henry/Grace getting closer together. Nathan was a perfect combination of sardonic and funny. Nice seeing the little Zane/Jo moments even if it was with imaginary Zane. When is Grant going to buy a clue about Beverly? Seriously. He doesn't strike me as naive. Loved Fargo growing a backbone with the general.

    My daughter thought it was a lot like Urgo with their imaginary friends.

    Great episode.


    Click here daily to give free mammograms

    It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

  3. #3
    Air Force Chief of Staff Everlovin's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Dancing, singing, praising, and thanking!
    Posts
    36,595

    Default Re: The Ex-Files (408)

    And I just caught something in the second airing. If Beverly is what's-his-face's daughter - that Allison saved back in 1947 (obviously before Beverly was born) is this changed/current timeline the actual one? Beverly was around before. And they were willing to declare the guy dead in 1947. So maybe everything is finally as it should be?

    Am I stretching too far?


    Click here daily to give free mammograms

    It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

  4. #4
    Brigadier General
    Member Since
    Jan 2005
    Location
    California
    Posts
    8,118

    Default Re: The Ex-Files (408)

    Quote Originally Posted by Everlovin View Post
    Loved this episode. Love Henry/Grace getting closer together. Nathan was a perfect combination of sardonic and funny. Nice seeing the little Zane/Jo moments even if it was with imaginary Zane. When is Grant going to buy a clue about Beverly? Seriously. He doesn't strike me as naive. Loved Fargo growing a backbone with the general.

    My daughter thought it was a lot like Urgo with their imaginary friends.


    Great episode.
    its a very interesting episode except these "urgo's" arent trying to kill them.

  5. #5
    Brigadier General
    Member Since
    Jan 2005
    Location
    California
    Posts
    8,118

    Default Re: The Ex-Files (408)

    okay who would be the rodney mcKay of the Eureka-Verse? Stark or Fargo?

  6. #6
    Second Lieutenant Jedted's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    307

    Default Re: The Ex-Files (408)

    I got quite a kick outta that BSG refrence from Dr. Grant. Totally didn't expect them go there.

    Can't wait to see what happens next week.

  7. #7
    John Diggle DigiFluid's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    19,125

    Default Re: The Ex-Files (408)

    It was great to see Nathan and Tess again, but I'm bitterly disappointed that they were only hallucinations. I was kind of hoping for something grander like say timelines collapsing into themselves. Even something simple like the initial explanation for Nathan's return would've been good enough for me

    I want both of them back on the show full-time really really badly. The Carter/Stark relationship was just so fantastically snarky that now that I've seen it again I realize how sorely missed it is. And Tess, oh man. Besides being impossibly hot, I really miss the Carter/Tess relationship. And the Carter/Allison relationship is just frelling terrible

    Considering the A-plot was just a hallucination, that means that the Beverly/Grant B-plot was a whole lot more interesting to me. Which is a bit annoying, because it got so much less attention. I'm guessing (and hoping) that it becomes a more overriding story arc (particularly considering the episode's conclusion). I was a bit puzzled though about how it is Grant's hallucination could tell him exactly what the code was for--that was a bit Baltar/Head Six.

    And just how many times has Carter's Jeep been destroyed now?
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

  8. #8
    John Diggle DigiFluid's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    19,125

    Default Re: The Ex-Files (408)

    Quote Originally Posted by Everlovin View Post
    And I just caught something in the second airing. If Beverly is what's-his-face's daughter - that Allison saved back in 1947 (obviously before Beverly was born) is this changed/current timeline the actual one? Beverly was around before. And they were willing to declare the guy dead in 1947. So maybe everything is finally as it should be?

    Am I stretching too far?
    That's a very intriguing thought, I hadn't even considered it!

    More generally, I'm thoroughly impressed that they've been bold enough to stick with the alternate timeline story instead of simply reseting it after a few episodes.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

  9. #9
    Lieutenant Colonel MattSilver 3k's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Space. I'm in space.
    Posts
    4,202

    Default Re: The Ex-Files (408)

    It's amazing how I forget what kind of show Eureka is sometimes, especially when Carter pulls out a gun and I cannot honestly remember the last time he did that.

    I loved it, really. As much as I love Tess, and as much as I love Stark, we're living in a timeline right now where the writers of Eureka are angling for Carter/Allison, and have been for a while now. And it works for me. It's not my first choice, but that the writers are able to angle it and make it enjoyable enough for me to really get behind it, that's a good thing. Besides, apart from her relationship with Carter, there wouldn't be much for Tess to do on the show, similar to how Ed Quinn left last year because there was no major storyline for Stark to deal with.

    But, onto this episode: Fantastic. I very much missed the Carter/Stark banter, and it was here in full force - probably deliberate by the writers to simply have only Carter see Stark. It made for some greatness and Ed Quinn knocked it out of the park, easily sliding back into his old role. Jaime Ray Newman was great as the jilted Tess-hallucination - nice outfit, by the by. Jo's Zane hallucination was... ouch. Seriously, torturing her must be the writing staff's newest favourite pasttime, especially now that Henry is getting some (Woo!), and Erica Cerra is on the top of her game.

    Zoe I felt was underused as all hell in this episode, but it was still nice to have her around. Fargo's little thing was great - "I'm seeing a twelve-year-old girl. It's not as creepy as it sounds.", as was Grant's. Beverly being back and her usual self was fun, though I couldn't help but wonder how much of her presence was caused by the new timeline or not (How did that artefact storyline go down in this timeline? I have to wonder, because Kevin's normal, Henry was probably married and didn't lose Kim and didn't go nuts for a while there... Hmm.)

    So yeah, overall, I loved this episode. Carter/Stark interaction was the highlight of the season. I'll miss it, but I'll live.

    EDIT: And I just got Grant's reference to a leggy blonde in a slinky red dress.

    I'm handing in my BSG fancard for not picking that one up. Goddammit.
    ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

    ~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

  10. #10
    Diana Fowley Badhron's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    115

    Default Re: The Ex-Files (408)

    Quote Originally Posted by Everlovin View Post
    And I just caught something in the second airing. If Beverly is what's-his-face's daughter - that Allison saved back in 1947 (obviously before Beverly was born) is this changed/current timeline the actual one? Beverly was around before. And they were willing to declare the guy dead in 1947. So maybe everything is finally as it should be?

    Am I stretching too far?
    The only reason that the guy was nearly killed was because Jo had been sent back.

  11. #11
    Air Force Chief of Staff Everlovin's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Dancing, singing, praising, and thanking!
    Posts
    36,595

    Default Re: The Ex-Files (408)

    Quote Originally Posted by Badhron View Post
    The only reason that the guy was nearly killed was because Jo had been sent back.
    I admit, I hadn't considered that. *sigh* So much for my cool theory.


    Click here daily to give free mammograms

    It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

  12. #12
    Lieutenant Colonel rarocks24's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2005
    Location
    pwning noobz
    Posts
    4,241

    Default Re: The Ex-Files (408)

    What is it with iTunes right now? The two shows I want to watch haven't posted their episodes for this airing week. Seriously, iTunes needs to hurry the hell up and get Burn Notice and Eureka up.
    http://www.change.gov

    The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

  13. #13
    Brigadier General SaberBlade's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    Belfast, UK.
    Posts
    8,100

    Default Re: The Ex-Files (408)

    Quote Originally Posted by Everlovin View Post
    And I just caught something in the second airing. If Beverly is what's-his-face's daughter - that Allison saved back in 1947 (obviously before Beverly was born) is this changed/current timeline the actual one? Beverly was around before. And they were willing to declare the guy dead in 1947. So maybe everything is finally as it should be?

    Am I stretching too far?
    You are stretching it too far. The reason the guy was saved by Allison in the first place was because Jo caused an accident that killed him, or someone did, I can't remember. He'd never have died in the original timeline since they weren't there to cause mayhem.

    I have to say, I loved Stark in this. He was a great character when alive, and he was a great character when Jack thought him up. "hey, it's your dream" was gold. They have to bring the real Stark back now, Ed Quinn is just too great to be doing something else. Part of me was hoping it really was Stark and he was just playing at being part of Jack's mind. Sort of like Daniel when he appeared to Jack and Teal'c.



  14. #14
    Second Lieutenant Jedted's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    307

    Default Re: The Ex-Files (408)

    Quote Originally Posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
    EDIT: And I just got Grant's reference to a leggy blonde in a slinky red dress.

    I'm handing in my BSG fancard for not picking that one up. Goddammit.
    Don't feel too bad about it, i tend to see Dr. Grant as a completly different character than Baltar so i didn't pick up on it imediatly. Took a about a second before it hit me.

  15. #15
    Captain tomstone's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,491

    Default Re: The Ex-Files (408)

    Quote Originally Posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
    It's amazing how I forget what kind of show Eureka is sometimes, especially when Carter pulls out a gun and I cannot honestly remember the last time he did that.

    I loved it, really. As much as I love Tess, and as much as I love Stark, we're living in a timeline right now where the writers of Eureka are angling for Carter/Allison, and have been for a while now. And it works for me. It's not my first choice, but that the writers are able to angle it and make it enjoyable enough for me to really get behind it, that's a good thing. Besides, apart from her relationship with Carter, there wouldn't be much for Tess to do on the show, similar to how Ed Quinn left last year because there was no major storyline for Stark to deal with.

    But, onto this episode: Fantastic. I very much missed the Carter/Stark banter, and it was here in full force - probably deliberate by the writers to simply have only Carter see Stark. It made for some greatness and Ed Quinn knocked it out of the park, easily sliding back into his old role. Jaime Ray Newman was great as the jilted Tess-hallucination - nice outfit, by the by. Jo's Zane hallucination was... ouch. Seriously, torturing her must be the writing staff's newest favourite pasttime, especially now that Henry is getting some (Woo!), and Erica Cerra is on the top of her game.

    Zoe I felt was underused as all hell in this episode, but it was still nice to have her around. Fargo's little thing was great - "I'm seeing a twelve-year-old girl. It's not as creepy as it sounds.", as was Grant's. Beverly being back and her usual self was fun, though I couldn't help but wonder how much of her presence was caused by the new timeline or not (How did that artefact storyline go down in this timeline? I have to wonder, because Kevin's normal, Henry was probably married and didn't lose Kim and didn't go nuts for a while there... Hmm.)

    So yeah, overall, I loved this episode. Carter/Stark interaction was the highlight of the season. I'll miss it, but I'll live.

    EDIT: And I just got Grant's reference to a leggy blonde in a slinky red dress.

    I'm handing in my BSG fancard for not picking that one up. Goddammit.
    I have to agree to all of the above. I think we are all wondering what happened in the new Eureka up until now, but I think that will be explained once Kim shows up. Speaking of it, when Henry shared his memories with his wife, couldnt she also see memories of Kim and his breaking bad?

    I loved Starks visit. I actually screamed out of shock when he showed up. I always suspected that Starks "death" was a great way to preserve the Character for later. They could get him back anytime they wanted. They just have to let a experiment with Time go bonkers and there is the cause for the reappearence of a beloved character. I really hope they will bring him back again, at least for another season.

    The end of this Episode was awesome. The end of this Season could be potentionally epic. Why? What would happen if Grant gets send back to his time with all the knowledge about the future he now has. Also wouldn´t that cause the same problem, that he pulls things from another time, into 1947?

    To the thing with Joe I can only say that the writers really enjoy making her life miserable, but in the end there is a real glimps of hope that Joe and Zane will get back together. The thing with Zane´s Grandmothers ring will be interesting. Does anyone know if Timetravel objects get replaced just like Persons? Could it be that the Zane of the new Timeline has a duplicate?

    What did Grant mean with the blonde in the red dress coment?

  16. #16
    Probie
    Member Since
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1

    Default Re: The Ex-Files (408)

    I liked the slinky red dress comment from Grant but did you guys catch the other reference that nathan stark pointed out to another show?

    Carter: You're dead, or undead.
    Stark: (looks in mirror) Nope, not a vampire

    Maybe homage to when he played a vampire on True Blood?

  17. #17
    John Diggle DigiFluid's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    19,125

    Default Re: The Ex-Files (408)

    Quote Originally Posted by tomstone View Post
    What did Grant mean with the blonde in the red dress coment?
    Spoiler tag for space
    Spoiler:
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

  18. #18
    Captain
    Member Since
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,030

    Default Re: The Ex-Files (408)

    Quote Originally Posted by tomstone View Post
    To the thing with Joe I can only say that the writers really enjoy making her life miserable, but in the end there is a real glimps of hope that Joe and Zane will get back together. The thing with Zane´s Grandmothers ring will be interesting. Does anyone know if Timetravel objects get replaced just like Persons? Could it be that the Zane of the new Timeline has a duplicate?
    I'm expecting in the next episode Zane would confront Jo and say "You had my grandmothers ring... but so did I!" or something...
    Last edited by Inquisitor; August 28th, 2010 at 06:17 PM.

  19. #19
    John Diggle DigiFluid's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    19,125

    Default Re: The Ex-Files (408)

    Jo, people, Jo. Joe is a man's name.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

  20. #20
    Captain
    Member Since
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,030

    Default Re: The Ex-Files (408)

    Lol, sorry. I'm too used to typing Joe.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Similar Threads

  1. the REAL X Files
    By AvatarIII in forum Off-Topic Chatter
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: May 14th, 2008, 04:30 AM
  2. The Dresden Files
    By impulsivelad in forum Sci-Fi & Fantasy Television
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: July 26th, 2006, 07:26 PM
  3. sgc files
    By subiman in forum SG-1 Characters & Relationships
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: July 6th, 2006, 02:41 AM
  4. Beckett on X-files?
    By birdieey in forum Stargate Atlantis
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: October 10th, 2005, 04:05 PM
  5. .gif files anyone?
    By mburrows in forum Stargate Fandom
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: August 17th, 2005, 07:27 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •