Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mighty Avenger - Moderator Madwelshboy's Avatar
    Somewhere between the lab and labour ward

Default Merge With Caution (208)

Episode Synopsis: Myka attends her high-school reunion while Pete enjoys some time with his girlfriend, but an artifact upsets their plans to enjoy a normal weekend, and Artie and Claudia take on a mission of their own. Original Air Date: Aug 24, 2010
    Please use the report feature to request the thread to be opened

Default Re: Merge With Caution (208)

This was a fun W13 episode. The body swapping, the giddy Myka looking at her high school crush, Pete being Pete, and the Artie Cladia storyline. I thought the Artie/Claudia storyline was pretty fun with Artie being lovestruck and battling to win his love, also leaving Claudia to escape at the end was funny! Pete kissed 2 different people in 2 different bodies in one night, kudos!

One thing that was odd; last I remember Pete and Kelly were on a tentative "date" that was Dutch and next thing we know they're spending an entire weekend "under the sheets?" I know it made for a funny storyline, but it was a little sudden.
    <a href=http://s6.photobucket.com/user/spimman/media/Sig1_zps2497bbad.jpg.html target=_blank><a href=http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y202/spimman/Sig1_zps2497bbad.jpg target=_blank>http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y20...ps2497bbad.jpg</a></a>

Well, we're talking about Pete here... I certainly wouldn't throw him out of bed

Errr, okay... ahem. Yeah, I liked that one, too. Joanne and Eddie did a kick ass performance and to my own surprise I didn't even mind their respective romances (probably because I'm still of the absolute conviction that they will end up together after all and that Season 2 would be way too early for that ). That was a really well done episode, and yay, Leena's back! I hope they keep her around this time.
    I'm a 60%er.

I will always place the mission first.
    I will never accept defeat.
    I will never quit.
    I will never leave a fallen comrade.
    ------
    "There is no problem that cannot be solved by the use of high explosives."

Some other cool things (i continued thinking):
    -Getting some insight into what Leena does on a day to day basis
    -How they handled Pete's alcoholism in Myka's body
    -Artie's confidence and escape methods
    -Myka telling Pete not to touch anything, haha
    -Myka feeling what Pete's vibe's are like
    <a href=http://s6.photobucket.com/user/spimman/media/Sig1_zps2497bbad.jpg.html target=_blank><a href=http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y202/spimman/Sig1_zps2497bbad.jpg target=_blank>http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y20...ps2497bbad.jpg</a></a>

The Beach of naked Sebeceans and margarita shooter

This felt more two stories except one. Normally you have the A plot followed by the B plot with less significance. But this time I kind of feel like both stories were pretty equal in development. And I like that. You could argue that griffin artifact didn't get enough exposure compared to the others but that doesn't really bother me.

The griffin switch is typical Pete and Myka banter trying to solve the problem that insures. Plus I thought it was funny Eddie being Myka and Joanne being Pete. This is nothing to say its the typical artifact hunt adventure with a little intrigue into history. Although I have to say I'm a little opposed how Kellie reluctantly went on a date with Pete and now they're are sleeping together. A little too fast for my taste.

I don't like Claudia as a character. I just find her highly annoying and a constant pest. Thier is no use debating this. But I have to say I really didn't mind her this episode. She wasn't her self-centered self this time and was about the importance of finding the artifact. Even if that meant locking up Artie. I thought it was interesting mixing up the teams and seeing how these two work in artifact hunt. They are no Pete and Myka but they defiantly have skills in hunting. Pretty good plot. Plus I laughed at Artie keeping Claudia handcuffed
    Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    Jelgate is right

Holy crap! It's flippin' Schlemi/Fifi/Farley from Lexx!

Loved seeing Artie and Claudia play off each other, and I'm amused to see Pete get Kelly into bed already. Mostly because I still think of her as the uptight churchy girl in Defying Gravity Incidentally, it was nice to see Laura Harris again

Also, the suggestive Twizzler eating when Myka first saw the football meathead

Terrific body-swapping fun, too. Even though it seemed a little excessive after Futurama did it last week too (which is really nobody's fault).

edit; Nice musical selection throughout the episode too. Reminds me a lot of when I was in elementary school/early high school--a rather unexpected reminder that I'm getting older and these actors are only a few years older than me
    Last edited by DigiFluid; August 25th, 2010 at 09:23 AM.
    "Not every movie is for you. Not every TV show is for you. Not every song is for you. Find the things you like, and like them. Go nuts liking them. A thing ISN’T for you? Cool. Go find something you like. That’s it. That’s as complicated as it should be." -- David Blue

I'm the same age as Eddie and at least 11 years older than Joanne. Just saying.

Anyway, I LOVED this ep. I've always known that Joanne has AWESOME comedic timing and last night, the rest of the world got to see it. OMG she was hilarious as Pete!Myka! LOL LOVED IT.

Loved that Pete has no clue what promises Myka made to Kelly. LOL

Artie being a lovesick puppy was awesome as well. Poor Claudia...pay back is a ***** and her name is Artie. LOL

I have a new fav ep for S2.

I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Well being that this was Myka's high school reunion, I meant more in proximity to her age. I thought as much was implied
    "Not every movie is for you. Not every TV show is for you. Not every song is for you. Find the things you like, and like them. Go nuts liking them. A thing ISN’T for you? Cool. Go find something you like. That’s it. That’s as complicated as it should be." -- David Blue

Quote Originally Posted by SunKrux View Post

Anyway, I LOVED this ep. I've always known that Joanne has AWESOME comedic timing and last night, the rest of the world got to see it. OMG she was hilarious as Pete!Myka! LOL LOVED IT.

Artie being a lovesick puppy was awesome as well. Poor Claudia...pay back is a ***** and her name is Artie. LOL

Totally agree great episode !, I am just glad Pete remembered to cross his legs while wearing that very provocative dress !

it's too bad Laura and Paula did have any scenes together it would have been a defying gravity reunion

, hey honestly i thought there was going to be a love triangle between Claudia and Artie ! that is the impression i got from first season !

but anyway great episode Claudia also applied for college yeah !!

May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

yeah that was a little freaky seeing her class reunion is for Class of 2000!! , well i graduated in 2001, but is feels like yesterday really !
    Last edited by MIZA; August 25th, 2010 at 02:03 PM.

May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Apparently Myka is roughly 28 by the year she graduated. So that means that Joanne is playing younger than she is in real life. No big, happens all the time with actors.

Uh, there will probably never be any kind of "romantic relationship" between Artie & Claudia on this show, especially by Allison's reaction to Joanne jokingly hinting at that at San Diego Comic Con last month. Not gonna happen, ever. LOL

The Beach of naked Sebeceans and margarita shooter

Apparently Myka is roughly 28 by the year she graduated. So that means that Joanne is playing younger than she is in real life. No big, happens all the time with actors.

Uh, there will probably never be any kind of "romantic relationship" between Artie & Claudia on this show, especially by Allison's reaction to Joanne jokingly hinting at that at San Diego Comic Con last month. Not gonna happen, ever. LOL
    It sure does. Just how old is Mrs. Fredricks?
    Jelgate is right

400 years old lol jk

This was a fun episode, i liked the body swap, and Artie being all romantic she tried to keep us a part so she stays where she is i did expect the womens artifact to be the shoes tho

Cody Rhodes was actually a decent actor, the grandchild of a plumber hahaha
    Last Movie Watched
    X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
    Life is Strange

Quote Originally Posted by jelgate View Post
    It sure does. Just how old is Mrs. Fredricks?
    Unknown, but she's the only one they haven't given any hints to how old she is. I'd wager that she's at least over 100 years old though.

I have not seen that...but I doubt her reaction is much different to mine at the though of that

As far as the episode I really enjoyed it. Seeing Pete and Myka do the old switcheroo was priceless...I can't believe how good the actors were...Pete looked gay and Myka looked gay (The flamboyant type...the bodies looked that way) I was also afraid that Pete wouldn't cross his legs when he was in Myka.

I laughed when Artie left Claudia at the end...knock knock!

And like the others Pete being in bed with Kellie so soon also didn't set quite well with me.

I have not seen that...but I doubt her reaction is much different to mine at the though of that

As far as the episode I really enjoyed it. Seeing Pete and Myka do the old switcheroo was priceless...I can't believe how good the actors were...Pete looked gay and Myka looked gay (The flamboyant type...the bodies looked that way) I was also afraid that Pete wouldn't cross his legs when he was in Myka.

I laughed when Artie left Claudia at the end...knock knock!

And like the others Pete being in bed with Kellie so soon also didn't set quite well with me.
    I agree with everybody on the Pete and Kellie in bed too quick. But out of curiosity, does anybody know how much time is supposed to pass between episodes?

On to the rest of the episode.
    Eddie and Joanne really got to show how good of actors they are with the bodyswopping. The Artie and Claudia story was good and I really loved the fact Artie got some payback for getting handcuffed twice!

Hey I liked them sleeping together already. What's wrong with that?

I got a kick out of Artie's "MacGyver in diapers" comment. Especially since the two actors are only 2 years apart in age.

"Knock - knock" - paybacks are a b**ch. Aren't they, Claudia.

I agree with the general concensus - it was jarring to have Kelly and Pete so 'involved' this quick. Possibly there are eps being shown out of sequence?
    You're never too old to do something goofy.
    Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

Seriously, I don't know why people are having any issues with Kelly and Pete in bed together. The ones that resist the hardest are always the ones who end up being fiends in the sack.

Unknown, but she's the only one they haven't given any hints to how old she is. I'd wager that she's at least over 100 years old though.
    Purely a guess or is there something that makes you think she may be much much older than she looks? I was thinking she was in her late 50's to early 60's or something like that.