Favorite FanFic Quotes/Lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favorite FanFic Quotes/Lines

Ok, we have our favorite lines from the shows but what about from all the FanFic stories we read?!

Some recent favorites of mine are:

Originally posted by Sam in Executive Orders by Soleya
    "You really think they'd let something as insignificant as death stop them?"
    Originally posted by Rusted Wheel by Annerb
    Clearly insults have never really been her[Sam's] thing. She'll have to ask the Colonel for some pointers
    I've got a lot more, but these are just a couple from stories I've read recently.

What are some of yours? Let's have some fun with this
    sigpic
    Stargate Distinguished Service Medal

sig by me

and another...

Originally posted by Second Sight by Noda2
    "Great! So ya all think I'm nuts!" Jack cried.

"Colonel, no one is accusing you of being unstable, at least any more than usual," Hammond added, trying to keep the grin from his face.
    sigpic

sig by me

Comment

I've seen plenty, but this by far made me die laughing when i first read it.

Needs a little backstory, in the fic, Jennifer Keller is with Major Lorne on a trip to a village when they get hit by a tornado. In the chaos, Jennifer helps a family get into a cellar but goes back out to help the rest of the family and their dog get in. The Tornado comes close and Jennifer is knocked out somehow and when she wakes up... well... just read

Originally posted by Revelations by Sobz
      "Did she find her dog?"

"Sort of," Evan answered cryptically.

Jennifer was barely listening. Her mind kept replaying the incident.

"The door flew off, is that what hit me?"

"Nope," he said on the verge of laughter.

Jennifer was starting to get annoyed with Evan's unhelpful answers.

"Well what hit me then!"

Jennifer heard a bark off to her left. Turning her head, she saw Ella in her father's arms clutching a gorgeous little dog.

"That hit you."

"What?"

"The dog. He flew out of the house when the door came off, ploughed through a couple of tree branches which slowed its momentum, thank goodness, and then straight into you."
      I can think of more, just need to find the fics again so i can copy paste
      Originally posted by Apostle's Message Redux
      Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"
      Read the story ---- Apostle's Message Redux, ME/SG Crossover

Comment

Good one!
        sigpic

sig by me

Comment

Originally posted by Cort View Post
          Good one!
          There's another good one, at this point, Team Shep's gotten to them and preparing to evac. Keller's getting delerious and...

Originally posted by Revelations by Sobz
          "Jennifer?" John called to her.

Jennifer stirred slightly, cracking her eyes open.

"John?"

"I'm here. I'm here."

"Don't shoot Toto..."
          Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"

Comment

Great thread idea

Already loving them

Comment

McKay: Hey Ronon, do you like black chicks?
              Ronon: I enjoy space travel

Comment

From Chronicles of the Crusade by Jon Harper

Spoiler:
                "Colonel Mitchell." Teal'c's serious voice reverberated around the room. "I do not believe we are alone here."

"We're not?" Jackson frowned and looked to Teal'c.

"Indeed, there are tracks in the patterns of dust on the left of the entrance." The Jaffa replied. "I believe they were made recently."

"Made by a human female." Galen said "About five feet nine inches, slender but athletic build, has long black hair and is armed with an assortment of alien weapons."

"Damn that's good." Mitchell gasped. "You know all that from looking at tracks?"

"Actually no, she's standing over there pointing a gun at us."

In a swift movement Mitchell was spinning around, arming his rifle and dropping to one knee with the weapon at his shoulder, Carter a fraction of a second behind mirroring his reaction. Teal'c and Jackson moved swiftly for cover, the once quite naïve at gun. Galen remained motionless observing the scene.
                Calvin grows up to be Frazz. The logical continuation of this is, of course, that Frazz then grows up to be Edward Norton's character from Fight Club. And thus, all four of these characters are gods.Let's go one more step. Calvin grows up to be Jeremy, who grows up to be Frazz, who grows up to be "Tyler Durden," while Suzie grows up to be Haruhi Suzumiya; since Kyon becomes The Doctor, this leads to the inescapable conclusion that after the end of Fight Club, Calvin becomes Captain Jack.

Comment

here's a good one from a little one shot

Originally posted by A little wraith humor by Slinky-and-the-BloodyWands
                  "What now?" Rodney snapped. "Ready to tease me with more useless information?"

The wraith straightened. "I have," Todd began, his face oddly stoic, "mated with your sister, Dr. McKay. Twice."

The lab was silent.

Rodney's mouth opened and closed, his lips unable to form words. Without a second thought, his arm flung out, his fist slamming into the wraith's jaw. John burst into laughter at Todd's stunned expression.

"That was not as amusing as you said it would be, Sheppard," Todd noted.

Rodney's eyes widened in realization. He turned on his friend. "You told a wraith about April Fools' Day!"

Comment

From XSGCOM: Terra From the Deep Chapter 12.

It said a lot for how used you can get to just about anything that when Travoc walked through the wall nobody reacted with much more than a nod of greeting. Touching the phase-shifting device on his arm to switch it off the nervous expression on the Tollan's face when he turned to Weir did not fill her with happy thoughts. 'Sorry I'm late but I wanted to check and double check my findings before breaching this with you all' he said apologetically. 'I'm pretty sure that at least some of you are not going to take this at all well' he told them, greatly underestimating his thoughts on the matter as he took a seat.

'Okay after that kind of entrance it had better be good' Sheppard told him.

'Go ahead Tesserarius' Weir told the Tollan using his military rank.

Travoc took a breath. 'As you all know I have been attempting to consolidate all files from the Atlantis database pertaining to Ancient weaponry and military secrets for some time now and although it's taken me a while I'm finally starting to get concrete results' he began. 'I was already putting together a list of possible planets where we might find surviving equipment and test sites here in Pegasus when I broadened the search parameters to our own galaxy using the additional access we've had to encrypted data since the Aquatoids emerged' he said. 'Apparently the Ancients had instigated a contingency plan in case they did but unfortunately for them it didn't come to fruition in time for the Wraith War because it would have likely helped quite a lot based on our experiences here.'

'I don't suppose you could speed this up and get to the point could you?' Beckett requested. 'I've got to get back to the Medical Bay soon.'

The Tollan closed his eyes. 'Do you remember when I mentioned before about finding references to the Ancients undertaking a program involving genetic engineering back in the Milky Way' he asked rhetorically. 'Well as I theorised it was designed to produce a biological weapon of a sort and they enjoyed not inconsiderable success in that endeavour.'

'You are saying that there is a weapon's cache or something back home which you think we can find and recover the weapon for use against the Wraith or the Aquatoids?' Vaselov asked.

Travoc opened his eyes again. 'No it's already loose' he said. 'As a matter of fact it was contained back in the Milky Way but has already spread to Pegasus now and is proving to be quite effective at its intended function' he said. 'It's us' he stated after a pause.

'What?' Weir exclaimed.

'It's us' Travoc told her. 'The Ancients created humanity on Earth, directed our evolution and occasionally played with our DNA over the course of millennia in order to produce a species that was far superior to them in combat ability' he said. 'You know how it's been said several times that the Ancients were very bad at war' he continued, 'well they weren't' he told the others. 'The problem is really that our perspective is so skewed, the fact is that we were just designed to be very, very good at it.'

Weir blinked. 'I'm sorry' she said eventually after a long pause, 'could you say that again' she requested.

'Our species is the result of a long-term project to produce a more innovative and aggressive race than the Ancients themselves' Travoc explained again patiently. 'The Aquatoids made the Wraith to fight the Ancients and the Ancients basically made us to fight the Aquatoids' he said. 'That is not to say that all humans were made for that' he noted, 'most of the people here in Pegasus weren't made as part of the project, they were more like a well-meaning hobby I suppose.'

'We're weapons?' Beckett asked in shock.

'So it seems' Travoc told him. 'The Ancients tried to finish the project in a hurry here in Pegasus during their war with the Wraith but they didn't have time to do more than introduce a few extra genes into a small number of planetary populations' he said. 'We might want to check out a world called Sateda by the way' he advised.

Teyla raised her eyebrows. 'That could explain a great deal' she said while casting nervous glances at the Ancestor Weapons sat around the room.

Beckett was philosophical now he was starting to accept the news. 'Somehow I always thought that the meaning of life stuff we were going to discover while we explored the stargate network was going to be a lot deeper than just beating the hell out of all the hostile aliens we encountered on the way' he said. 'Ironic' he added, nodding to himself.

'It can't be true' Weir said to herself quietly, 'we can't just be the leftover war-toys of some precursor civilisation' she tried to convince herself before a thought occurred and she suddenly stood up and thumped her clenched fists down on the conference table. 'I refuse to accept that Russell Sharp is a first class representative of what we were intended to be!' she shouted out into the universe before collapsing back into her chair, her eyes glassing over as she considered the bleakness of creation.

'I think you just broke the boss' Sheppard told Travoc who at least had the decency to look apologetic about it.
                    Calvin grows up to be Frazz. The logical continuation of this is, of course, that Frazz then grows up to be Edward Norton's character from Fight Club. And thus, all four of these characters are gods.Let's go one more step. Calvin grows up to be Jeremy, who grows up to be Frazz, who grows up to be "Tyler Durden," while Suzie grows up to be Haruhi Suzumiya; since Kyon becomes The Doctor, this leads to the inescapable conclusion that after the end of Fight Club, Calvin becomes Captain Jack.

Comment

The piece that got me hooked on Sealurk's Stargate: Ragnarok:

“Ahem. ‘Dear Major General Sir Richard Bullock. Thank you for selecting me to lead the second British reconnaissance unit attached to Stargate Command. Unfortunately, I will not be able to continue in this position, in light of the unrelenting, mind-numbing boredom and the fact that I’m out here freezing off parts of my anatomy I hold dear. If it’s so damn important to the Ministry of Defence to get Brits into the Stargate Program, may I respectfully suggest you and your cronies shift your arses take a running jump through the Stargate and try it for yourselves first? Yours oh-so-so-very-sincerely, Major Dave Taylor.’ How do you reckon he’d take it, Corporal?” he asked, looking over at Moffatt.
                      “Something tells me you’d be better off trying to hack the gold out of a First Prime’s forehead, sir – you’d at least have something to show for it afterwards…if you were to survive, of course, which is doubtful. Sir.” Moffatt said.
                      If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

nice
                        sigpic

sig by me

Comment

From the ST/B5 crossover Task Force 43.

The guest and the avatar left through the main entrance, and Kelly's eyes followed the quite breathtaking woman until they were cut off from his view.

“Jesus." He said to himself. "That lady really makes it hard to concentrate sometimes.”
                          “Hah, she’s way out of your league, chief.” The comment came from one of the junior staff.
                          “What are women for, if not to dream about and waste time thinking about?” He replied fatalistically.
                          “You do know she can hear you, don’t you?”
                          “Of course I know. I installed those sensors myself.”
                          “Plus.” A curt woman that was handling the main core console added. “I bet her dad would have objections.”
                          “Her dad?” Kelly didn’t understand. “What are you talking about, Michelle?”
                          “Didn’t you know?” She flashed a toothy smile at him.
                          “What?” Kelly just grew more questioning.
                          “Victoria, like all of the second and later generation AI, weren't coded but instead directly created by the temporary merging of two other AI. Interestingly enough the actual matrix combining process really isn't that different from what you'd expect from normal humanoid genetic pairing.” Michelle giggled. “In her case Victoria, Nelson and the archangels were made by Hancock and Athena combining. She considers them her parents and siblings, just as they consider her their daughter and sister.”
                          “Oh lord.” Kelly realized what she was talking about.
                          “Yup. You’d better watch yourself, as you really don’t want to get on the wrong side of both Aquilae and the Independence.”
                          “Michelle...”
                          “Plus, I think she’s too vulnerable for a guy like you, and I like you too much to want to see you be dragged into a shotgun wedding by two fleet carriers." She smiled.
                          "Especially not one performed by the main computer back at Starfleet Command.” Another of the engineering crew interjected with a smile. " They're very protective of their sister, you know."
                          Michelle couldn't hold back anymore but burst out in laugher. “As I said, she's completely out of your league Kelly.”
                          “Bah” Kelly frowned. “And that’s Lieutenant Kelly to you, yeoman Yves.”
                          “You’re no fun…” She smiled, still shaking from held-back laughter, and waited another second before adding “Lieutenant.”

Comment

From Stitches one of all time favorite SG-1 fics.

The last part of that sentence certainly caught everyone's attention. "So, you are actually, finally, dating?"

"It depends who you ask. I say yes. He says..."

At this, Jack poked his head around a shelf. "I am too damn old to be described as anyone's boyfriend."

"I'm sure we could come up with another word for it," Andrew said cheerily. "Significant other."

"Too generic," Jack frowned.

"Sweetheart?" Sue suggested.

"Too...sweet."

"Beau?" Kate offered.

"I'm not a character in Gone with the Wind. So no."

"Partner?" was Frances option.

"Too work-related," was Jack's objection.

"Lover?" Sam suggested with sly, teasing grin.

If Sue didn't know better, she would have sworn that Jack O'Neill actually blushed. "Much too specific," he chastized before disappearing behind another rack of yarn. "And technically untrue!"

"Wait, what?" Andrew exclaimed, looking completely dumbfounded. "You two aren't...?"

Now Sam was the one blushing - somehow, her little joke had come back to bite her in the ass. "Not yet," she offered tentatively.

"I don't mean to be rude, but what's taking you so long?" Andrew insisted.

"Would you believe me if I said that honestly, there hasn't been time?" Sam offered, laughing a little. "I guess...I don't have any plans to let him go. Pretty much ever. So what's the rush?"

"Rush?" Andrew insisted. "It's been years. Your self control is insane. I mean...look at the man."

Sam leaned forward, a smirk on her face. "I've had to work with him every day for the past seven years. Believe me when I say I know."
                            Since the quote function italicizes everything, I bolded the text that was italicized in the original.
                            No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                            It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Originally posted by iiradned View Post
                              From Stitches one of all time favorite SG-1 fics.

Since the quote function italicizes everything, I bolded the text that was italicized in the original.
                              I love that story! Great choice for the quote
                              sigpic

sig by me

Comment

Working...
                              X