Guardians of the Galaxy (Marvel) - News/Discussion/Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guardians of the Galaxy (Marvel) - News/Discussion/Speculation

Marvel Considering 'Iron Fist' & 'S.H.I.E.L.D.' Movies, 'Black Panther' & 'Guardians Of The Galaxy,' Too!

Beyond "Runaways," little is known about Marvel's plans for how to proceed once "The Avengers" lands in theaters. Speaking with MTV News, Marvel studio chief Kevin Feige discussed some of the possible projects they're looking at as follow-ups to the "Avengers" franchise once all's said and done on Iron Man, Thor and Captain America's first big screen team-up.

"I think what Ed Brubaker and Matt Fraction have done with 'Iron Fist' lately is exciting," Feige told MTV News. "I think 'Black Panther' and Wakanda has some amazing potential to be a feature film. 'Doctor Strange,' as you've mentioned. There are some obscure titles, too, like 'Guardians of the Galaxy.' I think they've been revamped recently in a fun way in the book."

Of course, Marvel already has its fair share of established characters that could carry their own film, such as War Machine, Black Widow and — most especially, considering his reported nine picture deal — Samuel L. Jackson's very own Nick Fury. Is it possible that fans will ever see a Fury-centric film? "I think the answer is yes," said Feige. "I think S.H.I.E.L.D. could be it's own franchise. I think, frankly, 'The Avengers' is going to be told from that point of view more so than any of the other films at that point, so we're going to get an inside look [at how S.H.I.E.L.D.] operates."

http://splashpage.mtv.com/2010/08/06...of-the-galaxy/

Guardians?! It would certainly be an interesting movie about dysfunctional people in space... but I don't see it happening.
    sigpic
    More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
      Guardians?! It would certainly be an interesting movie about dysfunctional people in space... but I don't see it happening.
      Neither do I, heck I completely forgot about the Guardians until I saw this thread brought up.

Comment

The Guardians are doing some very cool things in the comics right now, but the farthest Marvel should get into its cosmic library in film is the Silver Surfer. The Infinity Gauntlet seems to be playing a part in Thor/The Avengers, so we'll see how that goes.
        Last edited by nx01a; 06 August 2010, 08:17 PM.
        sigpic
        More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

First trailer for this, looks good.

Also, did I spot
          Spoiler:
          the Collector from the end of Thor 2?

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post

First trailer for this, looks good.

Also, did I spot
            Spoiler:
            the Collector from the end of Thor 2?
            You did indeed...

Spoiler:
            ... spot Mr. Del Toro as the Collector.

Hmmm... I'm a little sceptical about this trailer, but they normally release more than one so I'll reserve judgement at this point.
            sigpic
            sig by Jper

"It's just a little airborne... It's still good, it's still good!"

Comment

Got back from the cinema a few hours ago. It's mostly pretty solid. Very entertaining. It looks absolutely amazing, too. I thought I was going to absolutely hate Rocket, but I loved him. A little silly in places, which seems to be the way Marvel plays their films not set on Earth. I can understand why they do it, but sometimes it does distract from the tension in the film a little too much.

Overall though, it was a blast! A really good introduction to the characters and their universe.
              sigpic
              sig by Jper

Comment

By chance, did the film go into any aspect of how a human was that far out in space?

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                  By chance, did the film go into any aspect of how a human was that far out in space?
                  It does.
                  sigpic
                  sig by Jper

Comment

I loved it! Highly entertaining ride! Lived up to my expectations and exceeded them in many regards. Despite its PG-13 rating the marketing seems to be aiming at kids, so I thought it would do a lot of pandering to children. Pleasantly surprised because this is NOT a kids movie. James Gunn sure has come a long way since his days with Troma and that is so great to see. And that is not a slam on Troma. I just mean that he has made it from no budget Troma movies to huge budget Disney movies.

I, like Starship Trooper, thought I was going to hate Rocket and I loved him. I really liked the whole cast. Dave Bautista greatly impressed me. Lee Pace was fantastic. I can't wait to see it again. My one big disappointment was the post-credit scene. Entertaining, but not what I wanted to see.

Comment

Saw it again. Loved it just as much in 2D. Only detractor was the theater had several people who brought small children. This is NOT a children's movie! Ugggggghhhhhh I just wanted to scream that the whole time. It says "Rated PG-13" for a reason. I don't entirely blame them because I know Disney is trying to market it as a kids movies with kids toys and the like, but parents should know better.

Comment

I am very surprised that I am the only person who has had anything to say about this movie this week.

Comment

Originally posted by Starship Trooper View Post
                          Got back from the cinema a few hours ago. It's mostly pretty solid. Very entertaining. It looks absolutely amazing, too. I thought I was going to absolutely hate Rocket, but I loved him. A little silly in places, which seems to be the way Marvel plays their films not set on Earth. I can understand why they do it, but sometimes it does distract from the tension in the film a little too much.

Overall though, it was a blast! A really good introduction to the characters and their universe.
                          I had a rollicking good time there, ever since Quill started dancing to 'Come and Get your Love'. Found myself wanting to jump up and dance to the 70s groove. From then onwards, I loved it all. Great summer movie, if you ask me.
                          Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Looney View Post
                            I loved it! Highly entertaining ride! Lived up to my expectations and exceeded them in many regards. Despite its PG-13 rating the marketing seems to be aiming at kids, so I thought it would do a lot of pandering to children. Pleasantly surprised because this is NOT a kids movie. James Gunn sure has come a long way since his days with Troma and that is so great to see. And that is not a slam on Troma. I just mean that he has made it from no budget Troma movies to huge budget Disney movies.

I, like Starship Trooper, thought I was going to hate Rocket and I loved him. I really liked the whole cast. Dave Bautista greatly impressed me. Lee Pace was fantastic. I can't wait to see it again. My one big disappointment was the post-credit scene. Entertaining, but not what I wanted to see.
                            I completely agree about the post-credit scene. Usually it's a scene that contributes to the ongoing Marvel canon or at least, would provide a hint of what's going to be the focus of the next Marvel movie. But this...well, fun but disappointing. It made me want to say..."I stayed for this?!"

Originally posted by Looney View Post
                            Saw it again. Loved it just as much in 2D. Only detractor was the theater had several people who brought small children. This is NOT a children's movie! Ugggggghhhhhh I just wanted to scream that the whole time. It says "Rated PG-13" for a reason. I don't entirely blame them because I know Disney is trying to market it as a kids movies with kids toys and the like, but parents should know better.
                            I was in the theatre with screaming babies (wth?!) too.
                            Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Ikorni View Post
                              I was in the theatre with screaming babies (wth?!) too.
                              It's times like that i really wish i had some ADND like spells at my finger tips.. such as a silence spell to put on those kids!

Comment

Working...
                              X