No announcement yet.

Guardians of the Galaxy (Marvel) - News/Discussion/Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I watched it again today, and paid closer attention to it and, still couldn't see an thing of fillian there, oh I believe that it was him, I have no doubts about that, I just couldn't see it.

GET DOWN WITH YOUR BAD LITTLE SELF GROOT.cool0012.gifcool0020.gif

Comment

one more thing, after I watched guardians, a little while later I saw the chips and ice cream episode of adventure time, this explains how groot talks, THANKS BMO.

Last edited by epg20; 20 June 2015, 06:57 PM.

Comment

So, what's everyones thoughts on WHOM is daddy dearest for our starlord?

Someone elsewhere thought it might actually BE the collector.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post

I can positively say that it isn't for a start.
          Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Howard The Duck is his daddy

Comment

I say it is either thor,odin, or loki or maybe even SIF, hey who knows what the asguardian physiology is, she could be his father. happy0045.gifhappy0007.gif

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                I can positively say that it isn't for a start.
                How so?

Comment

How so?
                  Because all jokes aside, his father is already known in the comics. I know that they don't always stick to the source material in the films but I doubt they'll stray too far in this case.

Plus Yondu said that he had been hired by his dad to grab him from Earth which implies that his Father would know who he is.
                  Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

So.. That still shouldn't rule out the collector.

Comment

I don't see how it could be the collector. That would be a dead end.
                      By Nolamom
                      sigpic

Comment

Disney fires James Gunn from Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3
                        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I just looked up his tweets other than the quotes in the article...they were...repulsive to say the least, not that the ones in the article aren't bad. I just struggle to understand any of this at this point. Then the "It's a joke" excuse...do people forget that jokes are supposed to...you know...be funny?
                          By Nolamom
                          sigpic

Comment

Honestly, I think this is more than a little absurd, on a number of different levels.
                            • This is not the active spreading of hateful, conspiracy theory bile like a certain other 'entertainer' who recently lost her job. This is misguided humour from a guy who was working for Troma at the time (look up Troma Entertainment's reputation if you don't know who that is). Ten years ago.
                            • These tweets have been up for nearly ten years, and has already made apologies for them in the past. Gunn began working for Disney on Guardians 1 six years ago. This is an issue now...why?
                            • This is an issue now because Gunn made a negative comment about Trump, and noted public a-hole Mike Cernovich mobilized his army of "alt-right" (ie: white supremacist, neo-Nazi, misogynist, etc.) trolls to take revenge. The same Cernovich who is responsible for such 'gems' as this doozy here, and popularizing the "Pizzagate" lie

Skipping ahead to now, fallout has already started to hit: GotG actor Dave Bautista (Drax) and Marvel Cinematic Universe alum Patton Oswalt have already spoken up in defense of Gunn. And then there's the Sean Gunn factor--James's brother, who plays Kraglin in the movies, and is the on-set stand-in for Rocket and Groot during filming.

I just can't wrap my head around why Disney would do something this dumb.
                            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                              Honestly, I think this is more than a little absurd, on a number of different levels.
                              • This is not the active spreading of hateful, conspiracy theory bile like a certain other 'entertainer' who recently lost her job. This is misguided humour from a guy who was working for Troma at the time (look up Troma Entertainment's reputation if you don't know who that is). Ten years ago.
                              • These tweets have been up for nearly ten years, and has already made apologies for them in the past. Gunn began working for Disney on Guardians 1 six years ago. This is an issue now...why?
                              • This is an issue now because Gunn made a negative comment about Trump, and noted public a-hole Mike Cernovich mobilized his army of "alt-right" (ie: white supremacist, neo-Nazi, misogynist, etc.) trolls to take revenge. The same Cernovich who is responsible for such 'gems' as this doozy here, and popularizing the "Pizzagate" lie

Skipping ahead to now, fallout has already started to hit: GotG actor Dave Bautista (Drax) and Marvel Cinematic Universe alum Patton Oswalt have already spoken up in defense of Gunn. And then there's the Sean Gunn factor--James's brother, who plays Kraglin in the movies, and is the on-set stand-in for Rocket and Groot during filming.

I just can't wrap my head around why Disney would do something this dumb.
                              It's unfortunate that this is a revenge tactic by those people. But the fact that is was a bunch of racists to who brought this to light because they are snowflakes doesn't change anything and why should it? It's a non-issue. Society has shown zero tolerance for this sort of thing, why shouldn't it show it here? Not that I agree with that zero tolerance. It's one thing to react in the present to things done relatively in the present. But I'll give you that this was a long time ago.

Personally, I feel people are way to bloodthirsty for offensive comments done in the past, or minor actions, and I am hesitant to agree to backlash for something done years ago that were apologized for.

But...seriously? That is what is being considered for jokes? I did a quick search of Troma and I am not impressed. There's something people say regarding rape jokes...

I'm sure everyone who was raped as a child or otherwise violated had a ball laughing their guts out...
                              By Nolamom
                              sigpic

Comment

There are countless examples of famous people having had a job that nobody blinked at at the time, but are awful or offensive in hindsight.

Jimmy Kimmel is a popular, affable, well-regarded comic talk show host. He launched his career with The Man Show, which had as regular feature the "Juggy Dance Squad," and ended every show with the "Girls on Trampolines" bit.

Eddie Murphy is considered a legend of comedy, and has a modern reputation as a family comedy man. But if you watch his most famous and well-regarded standup special, Delirious, you'll find the first 10-15 minutes are punctuated by horrifically hateful homophobic comments. Has his career been sacrificed on the altar of public outrage?

Firing someone you've employed for six years because of the work they were doing ten years ago--and never tried to hide from you--is stupid, plain and simple.

Comment

Working...
                                X