Guardians of the Galaxy (Marvel) - News/Discussion/Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Starship Trooper View Post
    Well, they've confirmed a second Guardians film. In my opinion it's likely that the Guardians will team up with the Avengers in the final face-off with Thanos sometime after the second film. There is cross-over between the Avengers and Guardians in the comics. In fact, Iron Man joined the original Guardians team in the comic back in the 60s.
    He did in the most recent run that started a year or so ago too.

Comment

Probably the Best comic book movie yet
      Last Movie Watched
      X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
      Life is Strange

Comment

Originally posted by Starship Trooper View Post
        They were waiting to see how well this one did before confirming a sequel, but yeah, it's kind of their thing. They're translating their comic-book universe to cinema, and with the epic nature of the story-lines in comics I think sequels are a given.
        Marvel's Phase 3?
        Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Finally caught this movie (from redbox). Not as good as i thought it would be from all the reviews i have heard. All the comedy and musical 'interludes' almost made me think the National lampoons had gotten a hold of it.
          I gave it a 3 out of 5 stars..
          One thing i would have liked to see.. Maybe a clip or two on earth, showing his family having to deal with not only his mother's death, but him disappearing!

Comment

James Gunn plays down expectations of Guardians/Avengers crossovers

Stop Expecting Guardians Of The Galaxy And Avengers To Cross Over

As more Marvel movies are released, the Marvel Cinematic Universe is moving closer to the climactic battle with Thanos in the Avengers: Infinity War films. Many fans have suspected that his could mean a team-up between Earth’s Mightiest Heroes and the Guardians of the Galaxy. After all, Thanos did pop up in James Gunn's film this summer, and Guardians of the Galaxy 2 is being released about a year before the first half of the Infinity War two-parter. That being said, the Guardians of the Galaxy director continues to make it clear that just because his ragtag group of heroes exist in the MCU doesn’t mean that we should expect a crossover with what's going down on Earth.

Asking a question about the apparent darker tone in Joss Whedon's upcoming The Avengers: Age of Ultron, Screen Junkies recently asked Gunn whether Guardians of the Galaxy 2 would experience a similar transition. The director responded by basically drawing a line between the two franchises. Said Gunn:
            We really are separate from the Avengers, and I don't think people should assume too many things about the Guardians play in all this, because we have our own galaxy to take care of. We have our own galaxy to save. Earth is the Avengers’ province. Thinking that everything is going to come together in a perfect way is not necessarily the way it's going to happen.
            This isn’t the first time Gunn has taken this stance. Last month, Gunn stated that the Guardians aren't "subservient" to what happens in Infinity War films, and that Guardians of the Galaxy 2 is primarily meant to move the cosmic movies forward. I understand Gunn’s reasoning. Earth is only a minuscule part of the entire universe, and the cosmic side of the MCU is not only gigantic but filled with its own problems and dramas. Despite threats like Loki and Ultron, the Avengers can handle keeping Earth safe, while Star-Lord and his team of misfits are traveling to multiple planets to help others while causing a little trouble on the side.

Here’s the main issue that arrives with James Gunn's most recent comments: Thanos is a universal threat. It's true that the Mad Titan may head to Earth after seizing all of the Infinity Stones and sticking them in the Infinity Gauntlet, but as the original 1991 Infinity Gauntlet comic story showed, if he obtains all that power, then the whole universe is screwed. One would think that the Guardians would travel to Earth to assist taking him down, even if it’s only in the last half of Infinity War Part 2. Furthermore, Marvel Studios has shown that try to allow their directors work largely unimpeded (unless you’re Edgar Wright), but they still want that degree of connectivity intact. It’s possible the Marvel execs will eventually change Gunn's perspective and eventually have him work with the Infinity War director to include the Guardians in a way that makes sense for the narrative. On the other hand, they could also just respect Gunn's ideas and leave his protagonists to their own adventures.
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
              Finally caught this movie (from redbox). Not as good as i thought it would be from all the reviews i have heard. All the comedy and musical 'interludes' almost made me think the National lampoons had gotten a hold of it.
              I gave it a 3 out of 5 stars..
              One thing i would have liked to see.. Maybe a clip or two on earth, showing his family having to deal with not only his mother's death, but him disappearing!
              The musical interludes were one of the best parts! Damn good soundtrack.
              Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                The musical interludes were one of the best parts! Damn good soundtrack.
                Yeah, I thought so too. Great retro vibe that I got from all of it. Listening to the songs in sound surround made the experience near surreal.
                Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

I read some of the trivia on IMDB, and I was shocked when I saw Jason Momoa, David Tennant, Jensen Ackles and Jim Carrey were considered for this movie! I don't know if it would've been better or worse with these actors replacing some of the current cast, but it would've been interesting to say the least.

Comment

well I finally saw guardians of the galaxy, and it was G R E A T!!!!!, I just loved it, but while I was watching it , there was one person that I just could not put my finger on, he looked so familiar, but who is he, then it hit me, OH MY GOD , THAT'S MERL, yep it was our ole buddy merl, yes, I was a little slow on the up take there, but I was more interested in the movie than the individual actors, but once I saw him, all I could see was merl in blue makeup and even worse teeth than he had before, and some thing on top of his head.

Comment

Originally posted by epg20 View Post
                      well I finally saw guardians of the galaxy, and it was G R E A T!!!!!, I just loved it, but while I was watching it , there was one person that I just could not put my finger on, he looked so familiar, but who is he, then it hit me, OH MY GOD , THAT'S MERL, yep it was our ole buddy merl, yes, I was a little slow on the up take there, but I was more interested in the movie than the individual actors, but once I saw him, all I could see was merl in blue makeup and even worse teeth than he had before, and some thing on top of his head.
                      Nathan Fillion is in there too if you can spot him.

Comment

HAHA I had the exact same reaction!
                        sigpic

Comment

Nathan Fillion is in there too if you can spot him.
                          there was NO WAY I could recognize him,, I doubt that ANY ONE could recognize him, I remember the scene they talked about, the scene where groot shoved branches up the guys nose and in to the guys head, WHO THE YOTZ COULD RECOGNIZE NATHAN FILLION IN THAT, WOW, talk about your cameos, there is one to forget, yet not forget, wow, that's just a real head scratcher and it's just a....well...I don't know what, I guess all I can say about that is I AM GROOT!.

Comment

there was NO WAY I could recognize him,, I doubt that ANY ONE could recognize him, I remember the scene they talked about, the scene where groot shoved branches up the guys nose and in to the guys head, WHO THE YOTZ COULD RECOGNIZE NATHAN FILLION IN THAT, WOW, talk about your cameos, there is one to forget, yet not forget, wow, that's just a real head scratcher and it's just a....well...I don't know what, I guess all I can say about that is I AM GROOT!.
                            Actually I recognised straight off from the voice. I couldn't be sure until the end of the film when there were no other possible candidates, but yeah.

Comment

Actually I recognised straight off from the voice. I couldn't be sure until the end of the film when there were no other possible candidates, but yeah.
                              I've only seen it the one time, so I guess I should pay closer attention to it the second time through, but still it gets a big W O W !!!!! FROM ME.

Comment

Yeah other than the voice he is a CG character, but you can kind of see the some resemblance.

Same scene where Lloyd Kaufman gets a cameo. (I am sure he now describes himself as 'Star of Guardian's of The Galaxy'.)

BTW, James Gunn posted on Facebook last week that he finished the 1st Draft of the sequel after writing for 48 days straight. So that is the 1st most important draft down.

Comment

Working...
                                X