odyssey vs superhive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

odyssey vs superhive

i know the daedalus did little damage on the super hive because of the zpm and if im right the daedalus took 12 shots from the super hive before it shields went down, but how would the oddyssey do against the superhive? in AOT when 4 ori ships attacked the oddyssey they took atleast 30+ shots or more, they were firing 1 after another with 1.5 second interval until the ark was opened.

the ori beam takes out a normal 304 in 2-3 shots while the superhive might take it out in 13 shots, plus the oddyssey is powered with a zpm.

the question is would the oddyssey beat the super hive or would it be close to beating it? discuss

the oddy with full power and more beam weapons will PWN the superhive. also it's much more capable of evading shots, especially considering the speed of the Oddy in Unending VS blob speed in EATG

Comment

well maybe yes whit a Horizon weapon platform , but in rest the hull is to strong
      sigpic
      Stargate Mods List

I am webxro , google me .SG,ST,SW,B5 Fan since forever.
      StarTrek Excalibur enthusiast and Pardus player .
      GW member infractions : 1

Comment

nah. the Oddy's APBW's should be much better and it's shields a hundred times better considering this thing has full Asgard upgrades + a ZPM

it'll blow the hive to smithereens

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
          nah. the Oddy's APBW's should be much better and it's shields a hundred times better considering this thing has full Asgard upgrades + a ZPM

it'll blow the hive to smithereens
          I have to agree. with a ZPM powering the APBW the superhive would have one hell of fight on its hands. The Deadalus' APBW don't have as much power in them so they are alot less powerfull.

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

or they could use my strategy , just go in the middle of the hive ( that big empty space ) that it's not defended by and weapons , and fire , if dart appear , well our shields will resist and we have some very good fighter , also in the same matter the entire upper side of the hive is undefended
            sigpic
            Stargate Mods List

Comment

the superhive has none and the ship wont survive the superhive exploding. also the superhive can rotate

Comment

Originally posted by webxro View Post
                or they could use my strategy , just go in the middle of the hive ( that big empty space ) that it's not defended by and weapons , and fire , if dart appear , well our shields will resist and we have some very good fighter , also in the same matter the entire upper side of the hive is undefended
                If the superhive makes a quick jump to hyperspace, the 304 gets splattered all over the hive.

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

besides the Superhive isn't immobile: it could just rotate along the lenght axis to prevent the Oddy from reaching a Blind Spot.

did i mention the Superhive doesn't have a Central Hole?

Comment

well it may not have a center hole but it has a blind spot and you mentioned the hive to rotate , well Odyssey is more maneuverable , and i'm sure it can hold the position
                    sigpic
                    Stargate Mods List

Comment

does maneuvering has anything to do with it? the superhive can just keep it's nose pointing at the oddy. if the oddy enters a blindspot, the Superhive just performs a microjump and it's free again.

it's a tactic that in theory works well but it's too simplefied

Comment

and Odyssey can do the same micro jump , i am saying that a computer program can be made for the blindspot positioning by combing sensors whit the engines , it would work well until they would have a asteroid hitting Odyssey and then it's a simple matter of taking the control and moving
                        sigpic
                        Stargate Mods List

Comment

Originally posted by webxro View Post
                          and Odyssey can do the same micro jump , i am saying that a computer program can be made for the blindspot positioning by combing sensors whit the engines , it would work well until they would have a asteroid hitting Odyssey and then it's a simple matter of taking the control and moving
                          Thats only If they know its coming. If the wraith make a jump completely out of the blue, your not going to have enough time to react.

Comment

the hyperdriver can be detected powering and in a supper hive it's even more bigger engine , also once the hive exits the hyperspace the computer from Odyssey can jump to the same point before the hive has any time to react
                            sigpic
                            Stargate Mods List

Comment

BS. the Odyssey can never detect where it will exit. we could only calculate that for hives since it was the maximum distance a hive could travel without requiring healing.

also the superhive only needs to engage it's engines for an additional second, to end up further than Odyssey.

in fact, they could just engage the hyperdrive, Oddy jumps and then disengage at the last second.

you assume only the people on the oddy are smart.

no, the Oddy can never reach a blindspot, if something like atlantis is already pushed into the atmosphere...

Comment

Working...
                              X