This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<Atlantis>-<Brig>

{Dr. Carson Beckett} - {Jennifer Keller} - {Todd} - {Captain/Dr. Anne MacGregor}

Carson saw Todd's rude response to Dr. MacGregor and didn't bother to introduce himself. "Well, let's get to work shall we." Then, he was taken by surprise from the slap. The tension in the room was thick. He saw Todd thinking and watched his eyes change as he obviously decided to address the captian for the sake of their work.

Carson stepped beside Keller and looked over some of the data that she'd uploaded. "Hmm," he said to himself out loud as he looked over it. He aided in getting the dose ready for Todd as the Wraith waited.

At Todd's insult, Carson chimed in "I'll have you know that she's working off of my research. We've learned a lot since I began working years ago to find a way to circumvent the Wraith's biological need to feed on humans. Suffice it to say, I've looked over Jennifer's work and - you'll live. That, at the very least is certain."

@Isolde
    Spoiler:
    I think your format is great.

Comment

<Atlantis>-<Brig>

{Todd} - {Dr. Carson Beckett} - {Jennifer Keller} - {Captain/Dr. Anne MacGregor}

@A4L
      Spoiler:
      Thank you very much...

Green-gold eyes snapped their attention to the small, dark male. "Ah," Todd purred, his frayed temper evident in the tones he used, "the clone used and developed so ably by the Abomination." A crooked smile appeared on his mouth, and he asked, "Tell me, clone, how does the death of so many humans at your hands sit with your compassion?"
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by puddlejumperOZ View Post
        <Atlantis Base- East Pier>

{Ronon}

"Yeah that was it, thanks. Now there's something for you guys to work on. I'm starving, Teyla?"

((OOC what ^ Ryn said))
        (( ))

<Atlantis Base - East Pier>

{Teyla} -- {Ronon} -- {Rodney McKay} -- {Radek Zelenka}

Before addressing food, Teyla looked at the two scientists. "We could not find a pattern to this new kind of ... culling. Could you? Would you be able to work out where these ... Pasgard will strike next? Maybe we could warn those people."

Comment

<Atlantis>-<Brig>

{Dr. Carson Beckett} - {Todd} - {Jennifer Keller} - {Captain/Dr. Anne MacGregor}

Carson glared at the beast, ready to hit him. "The Abomi - Michael - was going to kill no matter what..." He remembered the torture he'd undergone at the hands of Michael. He thought of the people Michael callously paraded in front of him, with their lives depending on his cooperation - the girl. He tried to keep his mind from the cold fact that if they hadn't found a way to escape, then they were all dead now anyway... Carson had to contain himself and remember the task at hand. He took a deep breath while his eyes narrowed on the gold and black slits of his opponent. He took a step towards the Wraith. "... We have work to do. And I don't have to explain anything to you. D'you understand? (not said as a question) Seeing as you're alive right now, you have nothing to complain about. Let's get to work."

Before Todd had a chance to respond, Carson had already stepped away indicating that he was not interested in further discussion on the subject. He began to help Drs. Keller and MacGregor in setting their continued work.
          Last edited by Atlantis4Life; 17 August 2010, 05:57 AM.

Comment

<Atlantis Base- East Pier>

Zelenka-Ronon-Teyla-Mckay

Zelenka glanced at Mckay and then to Teyla "umm,thats a good idea" he said pointing his finger at Teyla and turning his chair back to his screen,he punched a few keys on his laptop, then turned back. "we figure that the last planet was Baku, we could trace it back and see if there is any pattern, the Pasgard are similiar to the Ida Asgard in that they lack, for want of a better word, imagination their own arrogance may be their undoing, assuming it is them of course"

[OCC, sorry just made a planet name up, if it needs changing, please do so}
            sigpic

Comment

{Teyla}-{Ronon}-{Radek}-{McKay}

"Of course," Teyla nodded. "All right. It would seem you have a lot of work. I will no longer distract you from it." She turned to leave, knowing they would call as soon as they had anything worth to report. Ronon still had that empty stomach, and truth be told, she was feeling a little hungry as well.

Comment

{Ronon} --{Teyla} -- {Rodney McKay} -- {Radek Zelenka}

Ronon had already started to head inside, he looked at Teyla first, he was never quite sure of his words around the likes of McKay and Zelenka. "McKay, Doc, as soon as you come up with something let us know. After we eat Teyla, I think you and I should go back to Baku ourselves, Sheppards busy and we can take a couple of SF's with us, what do you think?"
                My FF.netStories -Stargate Atlantis Allies-Colonel Ted Hasluck Bio
                sigpic "Weedle" 27/09/1987-16/09/2010 RIP Soldier

Comment

<Atlantis>-<Brig>

{Todd} - {Jennifer Keller} - {Dr. Carson Beckett} - {Captain/Dr. Anne MacGregor}

The Wraith Commander chuckled darkly, completely without humour, and followed the male - Carson Beckett, if he recollected correctly - to the work bench. Ensuring he gave the humans a safety margin, Todd began to scan the data displayed on the screen. The premise was interesting, but erroneous in a number of areas but he was loathe to point out the issues as he saw them. At the moment he felt he needed to keep these potential enemies on their toes, and was not yet ready to reveal his own disquiet. They had woken him, given no reason for it, and yet expected him to comply to their demands without question. Playing to their dislike of him ensured any response was real, and he could take their measure that way. Yes, he was alive, but for how much longer?

"Where is John Sheppard?"
                  he asked at last, feeling the need to speak to the one human who would be straight with him. "I need to talk to him."

Jennifer straightened, and looked at the Wraith, meeting his gaze frankly. "He's... busy -"

"Unacceptable," Todd snapped, and returned to his seat. "McKay?" The expression on her face made him rumble with frustration. What could he do except wait? "I see he is busy too."
                  sigpic

Comment

((OOC mum is not feeling well today, she asks that you can NPC her until she can come on, maybe tomorrow. I'll be back later today after my second class))

Comment

{Teyla}--{Ronon}

"Well. If you think that would be a wise move, then yes, of course." Teyla smiled. She was willing, even though they'd just been there. They were at a dead end as it was, anyway. And maybe their enemies were, too, whoever they were...

(( ooc : leaving it open in case "McKay" wants to add something ))

Comment

<Atlantis>-<Brig>

{Captain/Dr. Anne MacGregor} - {Todd} - {Jennifer Keller} - {Dr. Carson Beckett}

Lifting her head from the work bench, Anne listened with a little amusement to the discussion between Jennifer and Todd, she swung around and her stool and spoke as she would any student when a dilemma faced them. "Jennifer, perhaps it might help to speed things along if our 'friend' here," She used the term hesitatingly. "..could assist us, I believe from the files I've read he is 'more' than capable." Anne lifted herself up and went out to the passage way and spoke to the guards, she asked them to bring two more computer terminals down and stools to go with them. She returned. "Now class begins, we have a lot to do."
                        Without the medical corps, there would be no SG teams left

wonderful Signature by my Daughter RogueRanger aka Melanie

Comment

<Atlantis>-<Brig>

{Todd} - {Jennifer Keller} {Captain/Dr. Anne MacGregor} - - {Dr. Carson Beckett}

Todd laughed out loud at MacGregor's remark. "A child makes a judgment about my abilities?" Suddenly tired of games, he looked at Keller, a glint in his slitted eyes, and said, "So, Jenni-fer, would you like my assistance while we wait on John Sheppard to attend us?" His glance encompassed the other human. "And you, Dr. Beckett, do you feel able to work with the likes of me?"

Keller blushed, and looked down at the use of her name, and frowned fiercely when she saw he teased her again. God, she hated when he did that. She couldn't help sounding pissed when she responded, "You know we do."

"But only under duress, eh?" Todd sighed, weary. "As you wish, Doctor." He rose to his feet and crossed to stand by Anne. "Captain, I need to examine the data - " he was interrupted by the arrival of the additional computers and terminals, and he took the USB stick from Anne, and sat between Keller and MacGregor - "because I believe I saw anomalies that need addressing."
                          sigpic

Comment

<Atlantis>-<Brig>

{Captain/Dr. Anne MacGregor} - {Todd} - {Jennifer Keller} - {Dr. Carson Beckett}

Anne chuckled to herself, this was familiar ground to her, she remembered sitting exactly the same way with Jennifer nearby some not to many years ago, they were both coaching a difficult third year student back then who had a lot of promise, but a large dose of ego. A a mother she also knew how to to temper a situation as well. "Yes, I saw that the strands on the beta helix were incomplete, they at times unwound themselves before complete DNA composition was unified. Todd...may I call you that?"

Comment

<Atlantis>-<Brig>

{Todd} - {Jennifer Keller} -{Captain/Dr. Anne MacGregor} - {Dr. Carson Beckett}

The Wraith Commander set his shoulders back, and shook his mane of white hair. "If you must, Captain." The words were tempered with hard-won patience, but if it allowed the female to feel in control, then it was a small offering. "Yes, in the RNA, here and here, the polymerases have been inhibited by exposure to an outside agent, and that will give rise to mutations, probably the cancer-like disease I and my crew experienced." Todd ran his fingers swiftly across the keyboard, making rapid adjustments, and highlighted them in red. "Now, Captain, I'm sure you agree, this adjustment in the base pairs will improve the action the retrovirus will have on inserting itself into the genome." He shrugged. "It's crude, at the moment, but..."

"Oh..." Jennifer leaned forward, and traced the helix, fascinated by the symmetry. "That really is something to work with, Todd." All species difference was forgotten as scientist reasserted itself, but a stifled snort from the Wraith drew her attention back to him. "You don't agree?"

"There is much work ahead, if you truly wish for this... treatment to succeed, Jeni-fer Keller." Todd turned his attention back to the monitor and the puzzle.
                              sigpic

Comment

<Atlantis>-<Brig>

Concentrating on her microscope, Anne spoke softly. "You may call me Anne. And I agree, we need to ensure the human remnants of your past physiology bonds and counters out the damaging effects. Doctor Beckett, this is your area of expertise, is it possible to isolate the fragments of Wraith and Human pairings, from the Iratus DNA?" She lifted her head for a moment there was something she remembered but couldn't quite put her finger on it. Something to do with the research she had read on Michael's experiments. "Jennifer, do you still have the files on Michael?"

Comment

Working...
                                X