Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
    Harrison Ford > Rambo.
    Last Movie Watched
    X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
    Life is Strange

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
      Being in Star Wars didn't exactly help anyone in their careers. Sure it's made people rich and famous, but the only thing Carrie Fisher did after Star Wars was drugs. Mark Hamill did a few small things here and there until he was able to do voice acting (best Joker ever) but the two of them are linked to Star Wars forever. Ford would be no different but for Indiana Jones, and as you said, they are both made by Lucas so he didn't need to be noticed for Lucas to cast him, Lucas already knew about him. That's why Ford was already working on Star Wars before people were cast, he was there reading lines with people who were auditioning. Even if he didn't get Star Wars, he still could have gotten Indy.

Even with Star Wars, if Tom Selleck had did Indy like planned, things could have been very different for Ford.
      Indeed. George Lucas did the film American Graffiti before Star Wars, and Harrison Ford was in that. So George knew Ford by Star Wars anyways. Although I believe Harrison's character of Han Solo helped him become Indy....just slightly.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
        Echoing this
        Echoing this
        || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Being in Star Wars didn't exactly help anyone in their careers. Sure it's made people rich and famous, but the only thing Carrie Fisher did after Star Wars was drugs. Mark Hamill did a few small things here and there until he was able to do voice acting (best Joker ever) but the two of them are linked to Star Wars forever. Ford would be no different but for Indiana Jones, and as you said, they are both made by Lucas so he didn't need to be noticed for Lucas to cast him, Lucas already knew about him. That's why Ford was already working on Star Wars before people were cast, he was there reading lines with people who were auditioning. Even if he didn't get Star Wars, he still could have gotten Indy.

Even with Star Wars, if Tom Selleck had did Indy like planned, things could have been very different for Ford.
          shes had a few roles in recent years, nothing major she was in the recent remake of sorority row, and shes a semi regular on family guy, but that in a way goes back to star wars, seth macfarlane is a massive star wars fan so probably how she got the job

Comment

I'm glad Stallone didn't get the role. Ford is Solo.

And it did make his career. Lucas had to convince Spielburg to hire him for Indiana Jones. If hadn't gotten to show his abilities in SW, he wouldn't have been reconmended for the role of Jones.

As for Carrie Fisher, she has had roles in movies over the years. She played Sally's friend Marie in When Harry met Sally and she was in a Kirsty Ally movie back in the early 90s.

Without Ford as Solo, I know I wouldn't be as big a fan as I am. He is parlty what made me a fan. And I donn't think the movies would have been the same with out him. Kurt Russell or Stallone as Solo would have been a disaster.
            Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Padme18 View Post
              I'm glad Stallone didn't get the role. Ford is Solo.

And it did make his career. Lucas had to convince Spielburg to hire him for Indiana Jones. If hadn't gotten to show his abilities in SW, he wouldn't have been reconmended for the role of Jones.

As for Carrie Fisher, she has had roles in movies over the years. She played Sally's friend Marie in When Harry met Sally and she was in a Kirsty Ally movie back in the early 90s.

Without Ford as Solo, I know I wouldn't be as big a fan as I am. He is parlty what made me a fan. And I donn't think the movies would have been the same with out him. Kurt Russell or Stallone as Solo would have been a disaster.
              Well Lucas had already worked with Ford in American Graffiti and Lucas obviously liked working with him.

The main reason I'm glad Ford was Solo instead of anybody else is because he was the guy that read Lucas' dialogue and said "you can write this stuff, but you sure as hell can't say it." I love the prequels more than most people, but it's obvious nobody said anything like that.
              || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Working...
              X