Mighty Avenger
    (Moderator Emeritus)
    Somewhere between the lab and labour ward

Default Momstrosity (406)

Carter goes camping with Kevin, and Henry wants to come clean with Grace while a peculiar relationship threatens Eureka.
    Please use the report feature to request the thread to be opened

Default Re: Momstrosity (406)

This episode was fun and I enjoyed it, but it was sillier than normal for this season of Eureka which was nice. All of the AI romance ended by Carter finally admitting his feelings for Allison to himself and some others. The Andy-SARAH morning after scene at the end was hilarious!
    <a href=http://s6.photobucket.com/user/spimman/media/Sig1_zps2497bbad.jpg.html target=_blank><a href=http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y202/spimman/Sig1_zps2497bbad.jpg target=_blank>http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y20...ps2497bbad.jpg</a></a>

Lieutenant Colonel MattSilver 3k's Avatar

Fun episode. Yes, it was a little silly, but come on - THIS IS EUREKA! Of course it's silly.

But I liked it. A nice balance of humour, some good ol' competing love interests (Carter: "You're a smug blah blah with one good kidney" Grant: "Both my kidneys are just fine thank you" Carter: "The day's not over YET"), some awesome turns (Henry stuff. Dude'll never catch a break, I swear) and, you know, Kavan Smith being hilarious. Oh, and Fargo driving like a pro was cool.
    ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Quote Originally Posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
    Fun episode. Yes, it was a little silly, but come on - THIS IS EUREKA! Of course it's silly.

But I liked it. A nice balance of humour, some good ol' competing love interests (Carter: "You're a smug blah blah with one good kidney" Grant: "Both my kidneys are just fine thank you" Carter: "The day's not over YET"), some awesome turns (Henry stuff. Dude'll never catch a break, I swear) and, you know, Kavan Smith being hilarious. Oh, and Fargo driving like a pro was cool.
    Well, it appears my thoughts on the episode have already been stated
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Lieutenant Colonel MattSilver 3k's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DigiFluid View Post
    Well, it appears my thoughts on the episode have already been stated
    I'll let you do next week then.
    ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Chief Master Sergeant

Loved the subtle digs at the emo subculture lol. Made me smirk
    Kavan Smith as Andy fits perfectly. Got plenty of laughs this episode. The morning after scene was pretty funny.
    The Terminator and Aliens references were cheesy but well placed.

Overall lots of laughs this episode.

Air Force Chief of Staff Everlovin's Avatar
    Dancing, singing, praising, and thanking!

I loved the episode! Funny! Loved Kavan. But they broke my little shippy heart! It's supposed to be Jack/SARAH! That was the one "ship" I figured they'd never mess with. So I was laughing and pouting at the same time. Enjoyed the Terminator reference, but as I haven't seen alien, totally missed that reference.

And poor Henry! Poor Grace! I felt so badly for both of them!

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

So what do you all think about Henry breaking their vow of silence?
    <a href=http://s6.photobucket.com/user/spimman/media/Sig1_zps2497bbad.jpg.html target=_blank><a href=http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y202/spimman/Sig1_zps2497bbad.jpg target=_blank>http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y20...ps2497bbad.jpg</a></a>

Captain

The only thing that annoyed me in this episode is that Fargo was a good driver, and Tabitha has disappeared.

It's out of character for Fargo to be good at something...

Megasnake

I don't like how they keep yo-yo-ing with Dr. Grant. He's likable and selfless one week, and skeevy and jealous the next. Seriously, boasting about how far you're getting with a chick in front of her son is about as self-absorbed and moronic as it gets. The guy willingly accepts that he might die to save the town last week, and is a complete douchebag the next. Geez.

I also don't understand why the EMO unit was at Carter's house in the first place - other than the writers being horribly lazy. If it's supposed to be like one of those egg parenting things, there should be alarms going off it's miles from where it's supposed to be. The kid doesn't live there. How did it get in? So the AI that protects the house and puts up force fields around intruders, just lets a little robot sneak in without anyone knowing about it?

I also didn't see the point of the opening sequence of the giant robot chasing them in the car. Do we need to be shown there is an action sequence later? Why not just tell the story
    and get to it in due course? How about using the time to explain why the little robot is there in the first place?

I've liked some of the episodes this season, but some - like this one - just seem horribly contrived in terms of plot and character behavior.
    The Characters from Bloom County were located to another world where they could live in Peace and avoid the wrath of Jeanne Kirkpatrick.

Here's a photo of Bill the Cat hanging out by the gate waiting for more partying supplies:

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...6/stargate.jpg

Air Force Chief of Staff Everlovin's Avatar
    Dancing, singing, praising, and thanking!

I was wondering what happened to Tabitha as well.

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

I'm starting to like Kavan as Deputy Andy now. Loved that awkward moment when Carter and Joe realise that Andy spent the night. I like the idea that he's... evolving and not just a new actor playing the same old character.

I loved the small robot. There was something Johnny 5 about it after being hit by that electrical charge. The episode was great though, had drama, humour and that epic robot battle at the end. Next week will probably suck as rendering so much of Tiny probably drained the budget for the next two episodes.

Captain

I didn't understand the reference to Grant's one good kidney?
    Not sure if it was (bad) humour or laying down a storyline for the future...

Captain

Carter was saying he was going to damage his kidneys (in a fight if they didn't stop/day not over, etc).

I totally did NOT understand how the little EMO-bot was everywhere but with it's caregiver, Kevin. Not a single mention of whether or not he'd been at Carter's the evening before and forgot it there. Same thing with it roaming at GD. Had Kevin been there earlier?

The 'one functioning kidney' reference was a not so veiled threat from Jack to Grant.

Now Jack has to finally get off his duff and let Allison know how he feels. The good part is, they still have their shared history.

All in all, I enjoyed this one.
    You're never too old to do something goofy.
    Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

Captain

For some reason Kevin keeps turning up at Sarah's (), I've never understood this. It happens quite a lot (eg the second episode)

Captain

I watched the magma episode today, and Stark says (to Carter) "Next time Fargo's driving."

It makes sense now.