Sherwood (Syfy) - News/Discussion/Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
    Not very original is it? Robin Hood in space. Basically it's a re-make of Blakes 7.
    And thats a bad thing?
    Last Movie Watched
    X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
    Life is Strange

Comment

Originally posted by mr_kennedy View Post
      Sounds interesting, and its from the Sanctuary Team? im definatly going to check this out

Wonder if AT will also star in this, i hope she does aslong it doesnt take away from her roll on Sanctuary
      I hope she doesn't. The woman already does enough work for 2 people and there's not enough time in a single day for her to do all stuff related to Sanctuary, plus all her charity stuff, AND work on a new TV series.

Comment

There isn't actually any mention of it being a series I don't think. It could just be a TV movie.

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
          There isn't actually any mention of it being a series I don't think. It could just be a TV movie.
          Doubtful, they don't use phrases like scripted development when talking about movies.
          -

Comment

I've not seen Sanctuary but I quite like the concept. Reminds me a little of Firefly though, or maybe that's just the term 'ragtag' crew. Meh, probably just me. Either way I'll be watching.

Love Firefly.
            I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
            Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
              hmmm. Not too sure about this myself. Could be good but the synopsis makes it sound like they want to try and create a new Firefly. Nothing wrong with that....but only if it's done well.
              there will never be another firefly.
              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                Doubtful, they don't use phrases like scripted development when talking about movies.
                Probably bad news for SGU and Caprica then.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                  there will never be another firefly.
                  Indeed, but we could surprised....

Comment

This is an excerpt from an interview Amanda Tapping just did with SciFiPulse -

Ian: I recently read that you and Damian are actually involved in setting up a new genre show based on the story of Robin Hood, what can you tell us about this?

Amanda: Well it's Martin, Damian and I and the three of us has a company which produces Sanctuary so we got approached by Syfy to come up with other pitches and we pitched them an idea that was not initially called Sherwood and really didn't have a lot to do with Robin Hood but it was a very cool genre show, out in space, can't tell you much more about it but um Syfy did and they loved it and we went into development and we're just finishing up the pilot script but through the course of working with the network we want to call it this and this is how we want to approach it and can we go around the back door and make it a bit about this legend you know without it being about Robin Hood, it's sort of a Robin Hood-esque feel to it. Yeah we're just finishing up writing the pilot for it right now so we'll see what happens, hopefully Ian I'll have a bit more to tell you in a few months.

Ian: I'll be interested in hearing more about that being from the UK I'm familiar with a lot of the Robin Hood stuff.

Amanda: Yeah, this is much more futuristic, ah so it's much more um yes, it's in the future.
                    -

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                      This is an excerpt from an interview Amanda Tapping just did with SciFiPulse -

Ian: I recently read that you and Damian are actually involved in setting up a new genre show based on the story of Robin Hood, what can you tell us about this?

Amanda: Well it's Martin, Damian and I and the three of us has a company which produces Sanctuary so we got approached by Syfy to come up with other pitches and we pitched them an idea that was not initially called Sherwood and really didn't have a lot to do with Robin Hood but it was a very cool genre show, out in space, can't tell you much more about it but um Syfy did and they loved it and we went into development and we're just finishing up the pilot script but through the course of working with the network we want to call it this and this is how we want to approach it and can we go around the back door and make it a bit about this legend you know without it being about Robin Hood, it's sort of a Robin Hood-esque feel to it. Yeah we're just finishing up writing the pilot for it right now so we'll see what happens, hopefully Ian I'll have a bit more to tell you in a few months.

Ian: I'll be interested in hearing more about that being from the UK I'm familiar with a lot of the Robin Hood stuff.

Amanda: Yeah, this is much more futuristic, ah so it's much more um yes, it's in the future.
                      Ok, Now I'm interested.

This interview move out my biggest worries about this show. That it would be based on Robin Hood to a high degree. Now, I'm really curious about it.
                      Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

I was worried that this show will be something similar to Robin Hood from BBC channel .. but after reading the interview, I am totally in Thanks for sharing. I am curious what will they come up with
                        Willen, Teslen and totally addicted to Helen Magnus! Amanda's fan.
                        / Twitter / FanFiction / CZ Blog /

Comment

Working...
                        X