No announcement yet.

BBC's Sherlock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even BBC are jumping on the trailer bandwagon...

Comment

I saw the trailer yesterday, and will confess they've lost me (as in I'm not intending to watch this). Each series has been darker than the one before. Darkness is not my style. I couldn't stand most of the last episode of Series three and have had my doubts about four from the moment they said it would be darker.

So I'm out.

Seaboe
      If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
        https://youtu.be/B89DeXZ7mhc

Even BBC are jumping on the trailer bandwagon...
        Looks good, I'm really looking forward to season 4
        sigpic

Comment

I'm looking forward very much to S4 too.

Dark is in the eye of the beholder,but (Speculation)
          Spoiler:
          If ACD canon is followed,small chance of John playing Happy Families for long.If they do anything nasty to Mary and/or the baby,I won't be too impressed, unless it's written really well and gives the remaining characters greater depth and development for future adventures!

It's been announced on Sherlock's official FB and Twitter accounts and elsewhere,that the premiere will air on BBC 1 and masterpiece PBS on January 1 2017.

If the BBC/PBS follow their usual scheduling that'll keep us Sherlocked through the first 3 Sunday evenings of the new year.

The Ep titles:

Spoiler:

S401 The Six Thatchers
          S402 The Lying Detective
          S403 Not yet announced.
          The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Well well well, back with a bang...

Spoiler:
            Wasnt expecting them to kill Mary, but its made the other 2 episodes more interesting...

Comment

Yeah, that was a bit of a shocker
              Spoiler:
              I wonder if the actress didn't want to participate, or if they just really wanted to shake things up?
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Spoilers for S4 Ep 1.Speculation for S4 Ep 2-3.
                (Hoping to protect any spoilerphobes from E-notifications and the Forum Activity Stream!)

Spoiler:
                No shocks for me.Mary dies in the canon ACD universe and I was expecting her to be gone during S4.(Amanda Abbington Tweeting about a "Golden Wrap for Mary" some time back was another clue.)

I didn't like the *setting* for her death.Risky to go an aquarium.Bullets can rupture those tanks or weaken the structure so badly they breach.Pretty place,but a bit showy.
                Why meet Vivien the Mivvi Lady there??

Jump in front of Sherlock to save him by taking the bullet? Stupid.Bullets don't always get stopped by the first target.It would've been plausible to have him injured as well.
                The "death" scene was a bit...clichéd.Was it really necessary to make it all about her getting Sherlock's (and the fans') forgiveness for the HLV scenario, when if he hadn't texted her and John-she'd have been out of harm's way?
                Also: John goes Hulk-Smash.How much of that was guilt over his own flirting with the girl from the bus?
                How much was self-blame for letting Mary go first to the Aquarium?
                Can't say I thought anything good of John making Molly play go-between and deliver his note and kiss-off either.
                If John had kept his OWN vows,I'd be more sympathetic to his rage and grief.

Other things were signposted or a bit silly.

I have plenty other nitpicks after watching Ep 1 twice.I'll keep them to myself for now though,because the Sherlock show does a 3 ep arc per season and what might seem a nitpick becomes a plot pointer later.

So far a fairly solid 7/10 on my personal Sherlocky scale,and I loved seeing the whole gang,however brief some scenes were between them.
                Looking forward to the rest of S4!
                Last edited by Bagpuss; 02 January 2017, 10:08 AM. Reason: typo fix...
                The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Woah, wait, what.....

Did not see that ending coming...

Comment

Just learned there were several Doctor Who and Torchwood Easter eggs in the latest episode.
                    http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2017-...gg-in-sherlock

Here's an image in which you can see the Torchwood name and Y_N_ from DW's 'Utopia':
                    C1x_4tuUsAAxtOX.jpg
                    Total syffy posts: 36,690
                    (Chosen One)

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
                    Matthew 5:9

Comment

Originally posted by pscard View Post
                      Just learned there were several Doctor Who and Torchwood Easter eggs in the latest episode.
                      http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2017-...gg-in-sherlock

Here's an image in which you can see the Torchwood name and Y_N_ from DW's 'Utopia':
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]42052[/ATTACH]
                      I thought I notice some things like that. At least my brain saw them and then eventually sorted out what it all was.

Comment

Well, that all felt rather series finale for me, but hope we get more as that was a very good episode!

Definately need to rewatch...

Comment

^^ Yes even the BBC voiceover girl said "as one legendary drama series ends stick around for a preview of what's new this year", or words to that effect while the credits were rolling.

Sounds like we'll have to wait at least two, maybe three years for more Sherlock.

As for the episode itself, it was a classic example of Moffat that I dislike, huge buildup, great story, **** ending, this has happened a lot with Doctor Who too, its like they got to the last day of writing and thought oh screw it, just stick her back in her padded room.

As if the evil mind controlling sister isn't going to immediately Spock the next Doctor who goes near her and escape again, like that will never happen, ever...

Comment

I caught the 7 pm airing last night and tuned in for the 1 am rebroadcast. Instead of Sherlock, WEDU was airing another show. It finished eight minutes later, then the announcer said "We now join Sherlock which is already in progress." I figured, "Ok, not a big deal missing out on the first nine minutes." The problem is they picked up at about the final 20 minutes of the episode when Sherlock, Watson, and Mycroft were in the room with the coffin! Afterwards, WEDU aired a 'behind the scenes...' special for the episode.
                            Last edited by pscard; 19 January 2017, 07:43 AM.
                            (Chosen One)

Comment

FYI:

BBCA is airing a Sherlock marathon tomorrow, March 8th beginning at 11 am.
                              (Chosen One)

Comment

SO has anyone heard any news on this show in the past year? I mean I've never heard it was over, but I assumed by now we would have had some tease for a possible return. I am guessing I just missed it, so who knows what when?

Comment

Working...
                                X