BBC's Sherlock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Looney View Post
    SO has anyone heard any news on this show in the past year? I mean I've never heard it was over, but I assumed by now we would have had some tease for a possible return. I am guessing I just missed it, so who knows what when?
    Moffatt has said it'll be a while. They have no plans for a 5th series currently with both him and Gatis working on other projects and of course even cumberbatch and Freeman have their own stuff going on. He said in an interview in Feb that'll at least be two years, but I'm betting it'll be longer.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
      He said in an interview in Feb that'll at least be two years, but I'm betting it'll be longer.
      WOW two more year at least?! I guess that might actually be a good strategy considering people might get really pumped up for a return. I really wonder where they will go from where they left it? Time will tell. Thanks for the update P-90_177

Comment

Originally posted by Looney View Post
        WOW two more year at least?! I guess that might actually be a good strategy considering people might get really pumped up for a return. I really wonder where they will go from where they left it? Time will tell. Thanks for the update P-90_177
        No worries.

Personally I don't mind. Sherlock is one of those shows where less is more. It's something to look forward to and you know it'll have been well thought out.

Plus Holmes and Watson are supposed to have operated over a period of several decades so seeing Cumberbatch and Freeman age accordingly is fitting.
        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

If Sherlock is going to continue to get darker and darker, I'm perfectly happy to let it die. Dark is not my style.

Seaboe
          If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
            If Sherlock is going to continue to get darker and darker, I'm perfectly happy to let it die. Dark is not my style.

Seaboe
            I never cared for darker TV series or movies either. Case in point - Battlestar: Galactica (2004).
            Total syffy posts: 36,690
            (Chosen One)

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
            Matthew 5:9

Comment

I guess I don't mind if it is dark as long as it ends well, aka reason I don't care for BSG04. I watched a movie called The Belko Experiment (2016) last night. It is a VERY dark and predictable movie. I didn't really care for it because dark social experiment movies are basically the same thing over and over again. Having said that I am glad I watched it because I really liked the ending. (WOW! you all started me on a tangent where I typed a whole bunch questioning the value of a story that is just dark and nothing more. I typed a whole bunch of stuff that none of you want to read. So glad I caught what I was doing and deleted it before I submitted it for your approval.)

I agree that an overall dark tone to Sherlock makes it much less interesting.

Upon reflection I bet we don't get another Series until after a Doctor Strange Sequel.

Comment

There isnt a sequel planned at the moment but that could change.

I read recently that Martin Freeman had got kinda fed up with the fan pressure every season created, cant find the article though unfortunately.

Comment

Working...
                X