Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blood & Chrome : News/Speculation/ General Discussion (Spoilers for Pilot)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blood & Chrome : News/Speculation/ General Discussion (Spoilers for Pilot)

Chicago Tribune
    Exclusive: 'Battlestar Galactica' sets up a Young Adama spinoff

by Maureen Ryan

Those who've been hoping for a new chapter of the "Battlestar Galactica" story may get their wish.
    An online series called "Blood & Chrome" is in the works, one that would follow the experiences of a young William "Husker" Adama in the first Cylon War.

According to Mark Stern, Syfy's executive vice president of original programming and the co-head of original content for Universal Cable Productions, "Battlestar Galactica" and "Caprica" co-executive producer Michael Taylor will write the the script for the new venture.

Battlestar Galactica "Blood & Chrome" is "about a young man's initiation into war: both the realities of war as fought by soldiers on the ground (and in Battlestars and Vipers), and the somewhat less real version portrayed in the media," according to Taylor.

Read the complete article here :
    http://featuresblogs.chicagotribune....galactica.html
    -

Hmm....I can't help but wonder if that's just milking it.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Why not just make a full series or miniseries based during the First Cylon War, wasn't there already a web series with Young Adama?

Comment

If this was a series based on the first Cylon War id be interested, but i tend not to watch Web shows
        Last Movie Watched
        X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
        Life is Strange

Comment

Originally posted by mr_kennedy View Post
          If this was a series based on the first Cylon War id be interested, but i tend not to watch Web shows
          It....is.
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
            It....is.
            I want it to be Televised not web series
            Last Movie Watched
            X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
            Life is Strange

Comment

I want it to be Televised not web series
              The link says 9 or 10 web-based episodes at about 10 minutes apiece. So certainly they'll be online first.

But if you do the math, that adds up quite nicely to the length of a movie--which I'd bet money will come out on DVD/BD.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                The link says 9 or 10 web-based episodes at about 10 minutes apiece. So certainly they'll be online first.

But if you do the math, that adds up quite nicely to the length of a movie--which I'd bet money will come out on DVD/BD.
                We'll in that case i will get the DVD if we get one
                Last Movie Watched
                X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                Life is Strange

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                  Why not just make a full series or miniseries based during the First Cylon War, wasn't there already a web series with Young Adama?
                  the razor flashbacks covered the early years of adama at the end of the war.

and this series could easily end up like sanctury start as a web series and then become a full fledged series
                  https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                    the razor flashbacks covered the early years of adama at the end of the war.

and this series could easily end up like sanctury start as a web series and then become a full fledged series
                    Thats what im hoping, we need more Space based Sci Fi
                    Last Movie Watched
                    X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                    Life is Strange

Comment

this sounds awesome

Comment

indeed...
                        sigpic

Comment

Ditto, the only web show I watched was sanctuary and even then I wasn't particularly pushed about it... a mini series would be great, like its a big gap in the universe between caprica and BSG, it could be really good.
                          I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

Well this definitely sounds interesting. I'm a sucker for anything BSG related so it's not like I'm not going to watch it.

Comment

I noticed that there wasn't a thread for the upcoming web-series
                              Spoiler:
                              that will disclose more of the First Cylon War,
                              so I decided to make one. Okay, first Q...

If BaC takes off, does that spell doom for Caprica ?
                              sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

Working...
                              X