Punisher (Marvel Movie) News/Discussion/Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Punisher (Marvel Movie) News/Discussion/Speculation

Looks like Marvel has regained the film rights for the Punisher, and is hoping to bring him back to the big screen....again.

news slipped into the Marvel Entertainment panel Saturday night in Hall H: Marvel has regained the film rights for the Punisher from Lionsgate. Kevin Feige, the president of production for Marvel Entertainment, had this to say: "Frank Castle is under the roof of Marvel Studios... and we hope to bring him into the fray shortly."
    http://www.cinematical.com/2010/07/2...-the-punisher/
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Get Thomas Jane back. I liked him as the Punisher. The movie wasn't stand out great, but it was very enjoyable and I think with a bit of time to get a better writer and director, then we could have a party.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
      Get Thomas Jane back. I liked him as the Punisher. The movie wasn't stand out great, but it was very enjoyable and I think with a bit of time to get a better writer and director, then we could have a party.
      I agree with that!

Comment

I haven't watched War Zone yet, but I did rather like Thomas Jane's Punisher movie. It'd be nice to see a sequel to that.
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Marvel does a great job with its movies but seeing as how Disney now owns marvel I wonder if they are going to take away Punisher's lethalness (is that word?)

But so far all Marvel movies that Marvel have made are great where as Marvel movies made by other studios can go either way really easily

Comment

Originally posted by AnubisJr View Post
            Marvel does a great job with its movies but seeing as how Disney now owns marvel I wonder if they are going to take away Punisher's lethalness (is that word?)
            I doubt it. I don't think the Disney/Marvel thing is as horrid as some people are making it out to be. Heck, Iron Man 2 just came out this year and Tony Stark was a raving alcoholic until he got it together, paired up with War Machine and killed Mickey Rourke.

Comment

Actually I'm in favor of it as it puts an influx of cash into marvel which IMO is awesome but lets face it Punisher is a little more violent then Tony Stark and they did show the down side of being drunk in the film

Comment

Yeah but it's not like they did it as a PC thing, they did it because that's Tony Stark's story.

Comment

Originally posted by AnubisJr View Post
                  Disney has said several times that they will not interfere with Marvel's stories(or something). So I doubt Disney will do anything but promote the film....maybe.....

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                    I totally agree. I would love a sequel to that Punisher movie.
                    sigpic
                    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                    "...phu...ah..."
                    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                    X