Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Third Family Guy spoof announced: "It's A Trap!" for Dec 21!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Third Family Guy spoof announced: "It's A Trap!" for Dec 21!

Just had this arrive in my inbox. Woohoo!

(Box art included in link!)
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

About time it was announced. I have to say I like the name. I remember on one of the Blue Harvest special features a guy said he wished he never used the name as it would be a great name for their Episode VI spoof but I think "It's a Trap" is way better.

I'm very interested in what role Carrie Fisher will have, but when it comes to the actual movie, I'd bet anything Meg becomes the Sarlaac. I'm also looking forward to seeing how they'll work TNG into it with Picard and Worf.

sigpic

Comment

knew tim would be wicket

Comment

I think i preferred We have A bad Feeling about This, but this is a typical Family Guy name for a Star Wars thing
        Last Movie Watched
        X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
        Life is Strange

Comment

Originally posted by mr_kennedy View Post
          I think i preferred We have A bad Feeling about This, but this is a typical Family Guy name for a Star Wars thing
          "It's a trap" is one of the most popular internet memes around. They couldn't have picked a better name IMO.

sigpic

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
              "It's a trap" is one of the most popular internet memes around. They couldn't have picked a better name IMO.
              Much agreed, very much agreed

Maybe FG will start doing spoofs of the prequel movies and use the "bad feeling" line for one of them. Of course, Episodes I and II are pretty much spoofs in themselves, but still.
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                Much agreed, very much agreed

Maybe FG will start doing spoofs of the prequel movies and use the "bad feeling" line for one of them. Of course, Episodes I and II are pretty much spoofs in themselves, but still.
                It would be great if they used the line for The Phantom Menace parody
                Last Movie Watched
                X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                Life is Strange

Comment

Exactly what I was thinking

Comment

Can't wait, I loved the first two!

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                      I'd love for them to do the prequel trilogy as well, but I think on one of the special features it was mentioned that they haven't been out long enough to be good parody material (or something to that extent). I think they should do the prequels, because I can't really think of any other franchise that would be as enjoyable turned into Family Guy.

sigpic

Comment

Very much enjoyed the first two, so I guess I'll check this one out as well It airs as a regular episode too, right?
                        Mia: Don't you hate that?
                        Vincent: Hate what?
                        Mia: Uncomfortable silences. Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?
                        Vincent: I don't know. That's a good question.
                        Mia: That's when you know you've found somebody really special: you can just shut the f*** up for a minute and comfortably share silence.
                        - Pulp Fiction

Comment

Presumably yes. But the last one came out on DVD/BD in December and didn't air on TV until May, 5 months later. So I'll certainly be picking this up

Comment

Releasing them on DVD/Blu-Ray is the best thing to do. It not only allows us to watch them uncut (I seriously doubt the TV version of Dark Side had "**** Off" included) but it also allows them to make a large amount of money from it months in advance of it's TV debut.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                              I'd love for them to do the prequel trilogy as well, but I think on one of the special features it was mentioned that they haven't been out long enough to be good parody material (or something to that extent). I think they should do the prequels, because I can't really think of any other franchise that would be as enjoyable turned into Family Guy.
                              I think Aliens would make a good spoof.

Comment

Working...
                              X