Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So is it a normal 40-minute episode, or longer?
    || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

WingedPegasus - it will be the usual, 1 hour (45 minutes if you take out the commercials) long ep.
      sigpic
      I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
        WingedPegasus - it will be the usual, 1 hour (45 minutes if you take out the commercials) long ep.
        You mean 43 minutes.
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          You mean 43 minutes.
          Some of the eps are actually 45 minutes.
          sigpic
          I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

'kay, thanks!

You mean 43 minutes.
            Some of the eps are actually 45 minutes.
            I was rounding down. (Yeah, I know it would be rounding up if they were 45 minutes...but I figured most of them were less.)
            || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

Too bad it wasn't like Doctor Who, which has one hour specials not counting commercials.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                Too bad it wasn't like Doctor Who, which has one hour specials not counting commercials.
                Your asking to run a British model in an American market. It doesn't work that way
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Your asking to run a British model in an American market. It doesn't work that way
                  But that's what they are trying to emulate. It wouldn't hurt to make it 1 and a half hours, that fits into our market. With Eureka they could fit a nice 3 hour slot.
                  By Nolamom
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                    But that's what they are trying to emulate. It wouldn't hurt to make it 1 and a half hours, that fits into our market. With Eureka they could fit a nice 3 hour slot.
                    No they're not
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

No they're not
                      I remember reading that someone from either Syfy compared this to Dr. Who's Christmas schedule saying that if they (Dr. Who) can do it successfully why couldn't they? Obviously they are testing out what they saw work for Dr. Who.
                      By Nolamom
                      sigpic

Comment

I remember reading that someone from either Syfy compared this to Dr. Who's Christmas schedule saying that if they (Dr. Who) can do it successfully why couldn't they? Obviously they are testing out what they saw work for Dr. Who.
                        Because Dr. Who is the only show that does Christmas special

The comparassion was purely due to them both being science fiction. Ite ends there.
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Because Dr. Who is the only show that does Christmas special

The comparassion was purely due to them both being science fiction. Ite ends there.
                          And you know this for a fact? That they didn't decide to emulate this out of season Christmas special because they liked the results it has given Dr. Who?
                          By Nolamom
                          sigpic

Comment

And you know this for a fact? That they didn't decide to emulate this out of season Christmas special because they liked the results it has given Dr. Who?
                            About as much of your conspiracy that these Christmas specials are to copy Doctor Who. Many shows do Christmas specials. It seems more likely they want to get the special uptick network Christmas specials get.
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

I doubt that to be true, plenty of shows have Christmas specials. Although I can't think of any right now. But its hard for me to see Doctor Who having a large effect in the US....unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                                I doubt that to be true, plenty of shows have Christmas specials. Although I can't think of any right now. But its hard for me to see Doctor Who having a large effect in the US....unfortunately.
                                TPTB alluded to it instead of a US show that does an out of season Christmas episode. I can honestly say that Dr. Who's Christmas special is the first of it's kind that I have ever seen. I have never seen a tv show do a christmas special after or before it's season run. WH13's season is over, finished, caput. I'll admit that it's not factual, but it's not out of the question either that someone got the Idea from Dr. Who. Remember that for a time Dr. Who did air on Sci Fi.
                                By Nolamom
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X