Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season Three Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really enjoyed this one.

Spoiler:
    I was surprised that Chewie showing up didn't increase the red shirt factor on the other two Younglings. Their survival is a definite plus as I'd like to see their return in Season 4. Nice to see what could have been the start of the Wookie/Yoda relationship when he met Tarfful and Chewie. Also nice to see Sugi again.

You know you don't like a character much, when you see a Gungan head used as a trophy and think Jar Jar. Was pretty cool seeing a Crystal Skull used in the final fight with Ashoka. I'm thinking it's blatant reference to Indy 4 as I don't recall any aliens with that type of head. The final talk between Anakin and Ashoka was nice, but I couldn't help get the feeling that it's real purpose was not to increase their relationship but to suggest how she could have survived Order 66, it was all down to the training she received from the person who'd ultimately be the one carrying out the order to hunt down survivors.

I had to laugh towards the end, when a speeder is moved out of the way and when the Trandoshan realises it's missing, he says something like qwak before being shot. At first, I thought he said "****" then got shot so I found it hilarious.

I loved Chewie in this, and the increase of John Williams cues from the original trilogy (especially when he made his first appearance). Was also great to see the ending credits, with Chewie listed as himself and Peter Mayhew given special thanks "for being the heart of Chewbacca".
    Last edited by SaberBlade; 26 March 2011, 07:41 PM. Reason: typos

sigpic

Comment

Reading all of the posts on the final two episodes has me really wanting it to be Friday already!!!!!

Any advice on where to look to see them sooner?
      I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Is that timeline for the show up to date ? Now that Season 3 is over I may just correctly organize the episodes & give them a re watch

Comment

I try to update it every new episode, yes.
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

3.21 Padawan Lost Secrets Revealed trivia:

Spoiler:
            • The Jedi "cookie" at the start of the episode references "a dangerous game," which is a nod to the 1924 short story, "The Most Dangerous Game," by Richard Connell. The story is about a Russian hunter who stalks a big game hunter on a Caribbean island. It has been adapted to film and television many times.
            • This episode sees the return of Plo Koon's Wolfpack clone troopers, led by Commander Wolffe, and featuring troopers Comet, Sinker and Boost.
            • Trandoshans are the same species as Bossk, the bounty hunter seen in Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back and in The Clone Wars Season Two's three-part finale. The species name Trandoshan was established in a 1989 roleplaying game book, Galaxy Guide 3: The Empire Strikes Back, which also revealed that big game hunting was common in their culture.
            • The original script had the hunt take place on Dosha, the Trandoshan homeworld. It was later moved to Wasskha, a moon.
            • Also in the original script, the Trandoshan hunting lodge was a ground-based camp. During the development of the episode, it was moved into the sky to make the idea that the younglings had never found it before more plausible Among the prisoners delivered to Wasskha with Ahsoka are a Snivvian named Katt Mol (his red-and-black jumpsuit is inspired by the classic cantina character, Snaggletooth), a Terrelian Jango Jumper named Lika (modeled after Cassie Cryar), a Selkath named Morgo (modeled after Chata Hyoki), and a Sakiyan named Vadoo. In the script, Katt Mol, Vadoo and a hunter named Simna banded together for survival. This footage was shot but had to be cut for time.
            • Lika gets shot by a burly Trandoshan named Sochek, whose amber-tinted goggles and cargo shorts are inspired by Walter Sobchak, a character played by John Goodman in the 1998 Coen brothers movie, The Big Lebowski.
            • The yellow feathered birds are called convorees (singular: convor).
            • The Trandoshan hunting pods are inspired by the classic Cobra Trubble Bubble flight pod toy from the G.I.JOE toyline.
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

3.22 Wookiee Hunt Secrets Revealed trivia:
              Spoiler:
              • Rather than a beach, the original script described new prey being dropped off within a canyon.
              • The Trandoshan slave ship pilot carries a shotgun, a rare example of a projectile weapon in Star Wars seen in the Republic Commando video game.
              • When Chewbacca says his home world is very close, he's not kidding. According to the Expanded Universe, Kashyyyk and Trandosha are in the same star system.
              • The critter that attempts to pounce on the birds (convorees) outside of the youngling camp is a momong, a Trandoshan monkey.
              • The side of the Halo has a painting of a rather demented looking Tooka doll holding a knife with aurebesh text that reads: "Nice Playing With Ya"
              • Many of the background Trandoshan characters have interesting sources for their (usually) unspoken names: Gilas is named after the Godzilla Monster, Angilas. Ratter is named after a rattlesnake. Some are named after famous fictional reptiles: Goron is named after the Gorn from Star Trek, Lagon after The Creature from the Black Lagoon and Smug after Smaug, the dragon from The Hobbit. Ramy is named after Mary Franklin, known to Star Wars fans as the editor of Bantha Tracks and a huge fan of Trandoshans.
              • Among the trophies in the Trandoshan hunting lodge are wampa and Wookiee pelts; stuffed and mounted heads of an Ithorian, a Gungan, a Gran, a Skrilling, a reek, a rancor, a dragonsnake; an ancient Mandalorian Neo-Crusader helmet; teeth that may or may not belong to a Zillo beast, a fully mounted gundark and narglatch; and a suspiciously familiar-looking crystal skull.

Comment

Was the US finale edited in anyway compared to the UK?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                  Was the US finale edited in anyway compared to the UK?
                  No clue, I've.......watched both versions and I didn't notice any differences. Of course I wasn't paying full attention to the US version when it aired as I was occupied on the computer.

Comment

I finally got caught up on the last 2 episodes. It was cool to see Chewie again. Anybody else catch the little 1/2 second shot where he was choking the Trandoshan and Ahsoka was standing exactly where Leia was when he was choking Lando in Empire?
                    || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                      I can't see them killing her. Like it or not, I think that Clone Wars being CGI is something that will attract a lot of kid viewers, and it being on Cartoon Network doesn't help so I don't believe the character will die.

I think she'll just become a technicality, a Jedi character who survives the purge because she's not considered a Jedi. Personally I hope she lives and Vader kills her in The Force Unleashed 2. I think that's perhaps the most dramatic ending to the character.

Just wait a couple of years, they'll write her out of the show and then some post-Episode VI comic book will be and there she'll be.
                      I hope you are right. I have young kids who love the show. Ahsoka is one of my daughter's fav character. If they do kill her someone please let me know so I can know what episode not to watch.
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X