Wraith food stored where?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wraith food stored where?

We've seen that Hive Ships have compartments for cocooning Humans for later feeding. We've also seen transport ships designed to carry cocooned Humans to other ships.

My question...do the Wraith Cruisers carry cocooned Humans onboard, or do they require resupply in the field(no storage chambers)?

Supplemental question...how long does one Human last one Wraith? A month, a year? What kind of logistics are they looking at?
    Stargate: ROTA wiki

Originally posted by Aer'ki View Post
    We've seen that Hive Ships have compartments for cocooning Humans for later feeding. We've also seen transport ships designed to carry cocooned Humans to other ships.

My question...do the Wraith Cruisers carry cocooned Humans onboard, or do they require resupply in the field(no storage chambers)?
    we dont know and this cannot be answered as it hasnt been answered in the show ie cannon.

but for speculation id say yes they do carry alot of cocooned humans and i think they do resuply aswell.

Supplemental question...how long does one Human last one Wraith? A month, a year? What kind of logistics are they looking at?
    well that depends on what said wraith goes thru say damage or injouries prob require more feeding and as to how long a human last em i donno but in s1 the captured wraith did seem mighty hungry after a few weeks there...

thing is we dont know for sure as no facts or solid cannon has been told to us by tptb.

Comment

In "Instinct", according to the villagers, the stranded Wraith fed three to four times a year, taking two or three people each time. Of course, more recently it had been sharing with Ellia, so the number of people taken would have increased - it's uncertain whether "two or three people" reflects the number of people taken before or after Ellia started feeding on humans, but I'm inclined to assume the latter... so, I guess one or two people lasts a single Wraith for about three months?

Of course, if a year on this planet is a significantly different amount of time from an Earth year, this information is meaningless.
      sigpic

Comment

id say yes, otherwise they would have to keep refilling and we have seen cruisers take part in cullings (condemned) so presumably they can store them

id say it depends on how much energy they use. when in stasis, they dont appear to use any energy and as such don t need to feed, but when they come out they are probably drained of energy. and we have seen wraith survive for weeks without feeding possibly years depending how long todd was imprisoned

Comment

The wraith ships are so huge they probably have a a place for snack , you imagine Todd taking a midnight snack .
          sigpic
          Stargate Mods List

I am webxro , google me .SG,ST,SW,B5 Fan since forever.
          StarTrek Excalibur enthusiast and Pardus player .
          GW member infractions : 1

Comment

Originally posted by Carrion Kitten View Post
            In "Instinct", according to the villagers, the stranded Wraith fed three to four times a year, taking two or three people each time. Of course, more recently it had been sharing with Ellia, so the number of people taken would have increased - it's uncertain whether "two or three people" reflects the number of people taken before or after Ellia started feeding on humans, but I'm inclined to assume the latter... so, I guess one or two people lasts a single Wraith for about three months?

Of course, if a year on this planet is a significantly different amount of time from an Earth year, this information is meaningless.
            Thank you. That episode didn't jump to memory earlier, but now I remember.
            So, 3-4 months between feedings. That's useful as a minimum timespan, but not a maximum. Maybe the Wraith didn't NEED to feed that soon and just took advantage of the opportunity.

A side point on that episode is the young queen not needing to feed in the beginning, eating normal food and all for a while. So do the Wraith have a kitchen onboard for the young queens?

Originally posted by escyos View Post
            id say yes, otherwise they would have to keep refilling and we have seen cruisers take part in cullings (condemned) so presumably they can store them
            I did remember the cruiser, and you may have a point, but would the transport ships do the collecting themselves? Or would they have a cruiser with them?

Either way, isn't it usually the darts that scoop up people? Does a cruiser even have that ability? Maybe the cruiser was there to destroy the buildings after the people were scooped up.

My main point is...whenever a cruiser is destroyed by Atlantis/Sheppard/ETC are they also killing cocooned Humans aboard? That's kind of a given with the hive ships, but I was wondering about the cruisers. If it takes a lot of power to maintain the cocoons, would a hive ship dedicate that much power, given it's smaller size?

***Been watching the Defiant One and some questions jumped to mind***

Comment

I know this might be a bit off topic but why don't the wraith just clone humans for their food source

I mean if they can clone an army of warriors why not humans or do they just enjoy destroying worlds and taking people by force?

Comment

I did remember the cruiser, and you may have a point, but would the transport ships do the collecting themselves? Or would they have a cruiser with them?

Either way, isn't it usually the darts that scoop up people? Does a cruiser even have that ability? Maybe the cruiser was there to destroy the buildings after the people were scooped up.

My main point is...whenever a cruiser is destroyed by Atlantis/Sheppard/ETC are they also killing cocooned Humans aboard? That's kind of a given with the hive ships, but I was wondering about the cruisers. If it takes a lot of power to maintain the cocoons, would a hive ship dedicate that much power, given it's smaller size?

***Been watching the Defiant One and some questions jumped to mind***
                it would make sense that they can hold humans for food, otherwise they would have to keep stopping at hives or planets for feeding, its a home for the wraith and food is part of that home

Originally posted by AnubisJr View Post
                I know this might be a bit off topic but why don't the wraith just clone humans for their food source

I mean if they can clone an army of warriors why not humans or do they just enjoy destroying worlds and taking people by force?
                lack of power.

Comment

lack of ZPM's but a better idea would be to artificially create the wraith food
                  sigpic
                  Stargate Mods List

Comment

Originally posted by AnubisJr View Post

Never had a need to before now...with the Hoffan plague. But yes, cloning Humans is definitely an option.
                    Spoiler:
                    And something I already wrote into R.O.T.A. It is quite logical, given their biotech capabilities.

Comment

they also like hunting humans, they stated at one point that fear gave humans a taste the like.

also they may not need to feed that often but like humans and many animals just like to eat so in some sense they are like fat people who keep eating.

also this makes me wonder if they eat too many humans one after another could they get fat?
                      time doesn't go in a linear path like everyone thinks, time is a ball of timey wimey wibbly wobblely uh....

Google won't search for Chuck Norris because it knows you don't find Chuck Norris, he finds you.
                      sigpic

Comment

No , wraith never get fat , or drunk , if they eat to much they become very regenerative
                        sigpic
                        Stargate Mods List

Comment

it is a head-scratcher to me as to why the wraith don't just store humans in dematerialized beamed form
                          R.I.P Stargate 1994-2009

Comment

Originally posted by asdf1239 View Post
                            it is a head-scratcher to me as to why the wraith don't just store humans in dematerialized beamed form
                            energy requirements..if theres a few thousand humans on a hive ships thats a lot of power.

Comment

Originally posted by asdf1239 View Post
                              because it lost of time , that storage has a time limit
                              sigpic
                              Stargate Mods List

Comment

Working...
                              X