Stargate : Omega

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate : Omega

Sabotage on an off-world base strands a team of explorers on an Ancient ship, with no way of getting home they try to reach their original goal; a mysterious, abandoned space station known as Acturas.

OK, the above says it all! Stargate : Omega is my latest, and so far longest lasting Virtual Stargate series co-written and produced by Stargate Vennix writer Dan93 who will also serve as co-executive producer.

But we are in need of some writers, anyone who wants to join feel free to PM me, or add me to MSN. We are also in need of a 3D artist, someone who can design ships and the Stargate for this new series.

sounds..exactely like universe

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
      sounds..exactely like universe
      I can assure you, this will be nothing like SGU. While the idea is very similar, stuck on board an Ancient space ship, new galaxy etc. This fic will be nothing like SGU.

Comment

why does it have to be ancient?

Comment

Originally posted by Homer 120 View Post
          I can assure you, this will be nothing like SGU. While the idea is very similar, stuck on board an Ancient space ship, new galaxy etc. This fic will be nothing like SGU.

Sabotage on an off-world base strands a team of explorers on an Ancient ship, with no way of getting home they try to reach their original goal; a mysterious, abandoned space station known as Acturas.

Sabotage (lucian alliance attack) on an off-world base (icarus) strands a team of explorers (destiny expedition) on an Ancient ship (Destiny), with no way of getting home (power supply) they try to reach their original goal; a mysterious, abandoned space station known as Acturas. (i do believe that Destiny is headed somewhere)

Comment

Sabotage (lucian alliance attack) on an off-world base (icarus) strands a team of explorers (destiny expedition) on an Ancient ship (Destiny), with no way of getting home (power supply) they try to reach their original goal; a mysterious, abandoned space station known as Acturas. (i do believe that Destiny is headed somewhere)
            Nothing like that. And to respond to thekillman's post, because they are the Ancients and there's still a whole bunch of stuff we don't know about them.

Comment

Nothing like that. And to respond to thekillman's post, because they are the Ancients and there's still a whole bunch of stuff we don't know about them.
              really? because you just described SGU. a good fanfic would be original

Comment

really? because you just described SGU. a good fanfic would be original
                Tell you what escyos, offer some contructive criticism instead of trying to tear someone down. Say how it can be improved instead of just picking out the faults!!
                SG Vennix
                (Executive Producer/Creator)
                - Coming Soon -
                http://vennixproductions.wikia.com/

Star Chronicles: Dark Frontier

Comment

Originally posted by Dan93 View Post
                  Tell you what escyos, offer some contructive criticism instead of trying to tear someone down. Say how it can be improved instead of just picking out the faults!!
                  drop the ship, make it an ancient outpost, but nothing too big or fancy.
                  forget sabotsge, how bout a rerouting device on a gate sent them there, or a wormhole near a star sent them forward or back a few years to a planet with the outpost on it
                  dont have many militsry either, make them ignorant scientists

Comment

OK, after taking some time to look through your posts, we have decided to do a complete re-write of the series. And if my attatude came off a bit snobbish earlier, I do apologies for that. Just haven't had the best week, is all
                    Last edited by Homer 120; 22 July 2010, 06:33 AM.

Comment

OK, after taking some time to look through your posts, we have decided to do a complete re-write of the series. And if my attatude came off a bit snobbish earlier, I do apologies for that. Just haven't had the best week, is all
                      okay, thats cool.

And whatever happened to fan fic series that JUST had them going to an "new, unknown galaxy". You know, with SGU they ALL seem to have to be caused by accident or sabotage or something.

Granted, why no ones done the opposite and have "the new friendly alien race" making contact with Earth, i don't know. "Hey cool Earth people, wanna come hang with us in our galaxy. No, no, we're not lying, we just want to be FRIENDS! Not at war or anything, no big scary space lizards or armada's or anything or *slowly trail off...* "
                      [''... I laugh at your reality..''][ STARGATE FAN COMIC: 'Hallowed Turf' ] [-DeviantArt-] [ ".... and a seagull."]

sigpic

Comment

i don't get that they get there by sabotage or pure chance.

it seems to be the standard cliché nowadays. as far as possible.

how about a good old fashioned, they actually dial to a new galaxy, but it's a one-way trip. once there, they hop around a bit. access the DHD, call for a correlative update, download all adresses that have just been given tot them, and pick one.

after a bit of planet hopping, they discover an overwhelming... nothing.

people start to get desperate, moral is going down the drain, people get cranky.

a group of unhappy people split.

then, a dual miracle happens: one team dials to an abandoned space station. the other dials to a planet rich of life and food.

have it be a seeded galaxy: IE, there are standard, range-limited Destiny gates. have them know NOTHING of what the purpose of the space station is, or for that matter, what it's actually doing there and wheter it's actually ancient or not.

unfortunately, the station is completely out of power, shieldless, and worst of all, the atmosphere is lightly radioactive, so they can not stay.

next goal: find a powersource and filter the air. also find the rest of the team, as they are the main team and have... Mark I generators.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                          i don't get that they get there by sabotage or pure chance.

it seems to be the standard cliché nowadays. as far as possible.

how about a good old fashioned, they actually dial to a new galaxy, but it's a one-way trip. once there, they hop around a bit. access the DHD, call for a correlative update, download all adresses that have just been given tot them, and pick one.

after a bit of planet hopping, they discover an overwhelming... nothing.

people start to get desperate, moral is going down the drain, people get cranky.

a group of unhappy people split.

then, a dual miracle happens: one team dials to an abandoned space station. the other dials to a planet rich of life and food.

have it be a seeded galaxy: IE, there are standard, range-limited Destiny gates. have them know NOTHING of what the purpose of the space station is, or for that matter, what it's actually doing there and wheter it's actually ancient or not.

unfortunately, the station is completely out of power, shieldless, and worst of all, the atmosphere is lightly radioactive, so they can not stay.

next goal: find a powersource and filter the air. also find the rest of the team, as they are the main team and have... Mark I generators.
                          Nice idea... may have to use that one!!

Originally posted by Choo1701 View Post
                          No, no, we're not lying, we just want to be FRIENDS! Not at war or anything, no big scary space lizards or armada's or anything or *slowly trail off...* "
                          Lol
                          SG Vennix
                          - Coming Soon -
                          http://vennixproductions.wikia.com/

Star Chronicles: Dark Frontier

Comment

yes well i would like writers to step away from the horribly cliches:

-discover/build the base in episode 1
                            -discover the enemy in episode 1
                            -whatever they dial first is either the enemy's homeworld, major world, or their future home spacestation/ship/city. if the first dialled is their future home, the second adress they dial is where they meet the enemy.

so no, i'd like to explore the galaxy a bit before we actually find anything. up next: explore the station a bit before we use it for anything.

lastly: hostile alien animals on the space-station would be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                              yes well i would like writers to step away from the horribly cliches:

-discover/build the base in episode 1
                              -discover the enemy in episode 1
                              -whatever they dial first is either the enemy's homeworld, major world, or their future home spacestation/ship/city. if the first dialled is their future home, the second adress they dial is where they meet the enemy.
                              That structure is hard to step away from because it's the quickest way to create the setting, the central conflict and to get the main plot going. Once you're done with that, you can branch out with subplots and "planets of the week" to your heart's desire.
                              If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Working...
                              X