Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can SGU Benefit From Celeb(Minor or Major) Appearances?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can SGU Benefit From Celeb(Minor or Major) Appearances?

Title pretty much says it all. I'm NOT talking about recurring roles though but 1 time appearances in different roles both good and evil etc. Can SGU benefit in the ratings dept. by doing the same thing Law & Order does with guest appearances?
    They Say He Travels The Gate Network Searching The Universe For Powerful Technology, They Call Him...... The Gate Traveller

well, the big problem i see is catching up viewers for one episode. the celeb episodes would have to be fairly stand alone ie: Time. but otherwise, i dont see why not!

Comment

It really depends on the celebrity.
      If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
      Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
      If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
      Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Ahh, stunt casting. This isn't something new from the Stargate franchise. They have been there and done that, I expect it to happen in the future.
        Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

Sure, why not? Most shows can.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Gate Traveller View Post
            Title pretty much says it all. I'm NOT talking about recurring roles though but 1 time appearances in different roles both good and evil etc. Can SGU benefit in the ratings dept. by doing the same thing Law & Order does with guest appearances?
            the concept doesn't allow it
            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
              the concept doesn't allow it
              Yes it does. Suppose a couple of the characters visited Earth and went to a concert... nah, that would never happen.
              "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
              Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
              Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
              Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
              Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Originally posted by Eternal Density View Post
                Yes it does. Suppose a couple of the characters visited Earth and went to a concert... nah, that would never happen.
                yeah what the, that would really be bad. Eternal Density, you have like the worst ideas, never ever write TV shows okay!
                sigpic

Comment

If SyFy announces SGU will guest star...like Angelina Jolie or Will Ferrell....SGU will have 10,000 seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                    If SyFy announces SGU will guest star...like Angelina Jolie or Will Ferrell....SGU will have 10,000 seasons.
                    It would also destroy their budget
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                      Most definitely!

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                        Only if they couldn't negotiate the price down. For all we know Angelina Jolie could be a fan of SGU and would love to be on the show, so she does the guest spot for the bare minimum.

Stranger things have happened.
                        Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

Heck the o.c. Had Paris Hilton On the show as a cameo of sorts. So yeah stranger things have happened.

Comment

I'll let the writers get away with another AU/Time Travel if we get more Shooter McGavin.

Comment

Get Nathan Fillion or Alan Tudyk on and you'll get a good influx of viewers.
                              These are the wrong people... in the wrong place.

Comment

Working...
                              X