"Real" Wormholes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
    Being that the seeder ships put gates on planets that Ancients could survive on, the chances of them finding Earth-like worlds are 100%. I would imagine that natural stable wormholes are more of a cosmic oddity than rocky planets that orbit at a certain distance from main sequence stars.
    maybe 50 million years ago but things change

Comment

not that much 50 m years ago there was life here so not much changes
      sigpic
      Stargate Mods List

I am webxro , google me .SG,ST,SW,B5 Fan since forever.
      StarTrek Excalibur enthusiast and Pardus player .
      GW member infractions : 1

Comment

Originally posted by AquaGamer53 View Post
        A thought that crossed my mind the other day is would it be possible for Destiny to come across a natural wormhole unlike the artificial ones that the stargates create? I'm rusty on my wormhole sci-fi (outside stargate ones) and real science wormholes. I think Carter might have said something about it through the years, but I can't recall right now. I thought it might be an interesting thing to come across...
        Spoiler:
        It the only thing that I could come up with when the writers said that the destiny mission will allow the crew to return home an be of cosmic importance. A stable natural wormhole,

Comment

Originally posted by AquaGamer53 View Post
          I think it'd be interesting if Destiny stopped and tried to gather data by itself, maybe related to it's overall objective. Or the wormhole messes with Destiny's incoming wormhole sensors and stops, not being able to continue into FTL. Good opportunity to learn more about the gates from figuring out how to get moving again. I think it's something that has good plot potential, as long as they don't use it to "get home free card". But even that's unlikely because they'd have no control to where a natural wormhole ends up.
          Unless part of the Destiny mission is to figure out how to manipulate such a worm hole end point.
          A other possibility is that they found the exit/entrance point in the milky way galaxy, sent objects through but none survive, they then sent destiny through normal space tracking the worm hole to find out why.
          Last edited by knowles2; 28 July 2010, 04:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X