Ori Ships : How Strong ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AnubisJr View Post
    or instead of using phase tech just do micro jumps to escape the drones so you see the drones you jump on the other side of the ship and open fire until the drones come back then just jump back so that way the ship with drones has to start splitting up its drones into search groups to find where you are going to jump so maybe you get lucky maybe not
    I believe that FTL can be initiated that quickly only on Ancient ships. The best way to avoid drones is by taking the ship at extremely high speeds (Tria speeds).
    If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
    Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
    If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
    Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

if ur gunna do micro jumps jsut open a hyperspace window inside the enemy ship and ripp it to shreads the micro jumps would be a waste of energy

Comment

Originally posted by colbmista View Post
        if ur gunna do micro jumps jsut open a hyperspace window inside the enemy ship and ripp it to shreads the micro jumps would be a waste of energy
        How?

And if earth can do I'm sure races with hyperdrive experience can do it better
        Vote Anubis for President in 2012
        A Face you Can Trust
        sigpic
        So whats the worst that could happen?
        Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
        It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Originally posted by lordofseas View Post
          I believe that FTL can be initiated that quickly only on Ancient ships. The best way to avoid drones is by taking the ship at extremely high speeds (Tria speeds).
          Well I don't think we know if the FTL of ancinets is any quicker getting into the hyper space window then Asgard, goa'uld, wraith or any other hpyerdives so it would be effective as you can jump away from the drones instead of trying to run away because those drones are fast little guys

Comment

Originally posted by fugiman View Post
            How?

And if earth can do I'm sure races with hyperdrive experience can do it better
            I really didn't get what he was saying either but I think you are right if the X-302 can do a micro jump through enemy shields then I'm sure the Goa'uld, Wraith, Asgard, Ancients, or any other race who has had numerous years of hyperspace experience could do a quick little jump

Comment

easy the hyper space window opens liek 15 meters infront of thship aim ur ship 15 meters away from ur enemy ship open the window the window will then form inside the ship causing massive damage then jsut turn it off and arun away what i said wasnt really that difficult to comprehenad its alot easy then cosntantly flying in and out of hyper space which is kind of a stupid tactic and waste of your ships power consumption my idea is more logical and tactical then jumping around when your ship can simply jsut fly aroudn the enemy ship considering the deadalus is rather monoverable

Comment

Not trying to be a grammar nazi here but it kind of hard to get what you are saying when you have so many typos and also the difference is that instead of getting 15 meters away you just keep jumping around and shooting in your scenario drones would eat you alive in mine they don't even touch me so now who has a bad strategy?

Comment

they wouldnt have time to launch a full set of drones witha hyper space forming in the middle of there ship and again having to constantly jump back and forth prob jsut 100 meters every time would waste power in your ship draining ur generators thus making ur weapons go off line along with your sheilds cuz u wasted all your power jumpin back and forth likea wussy only way that stratagy is even feisable is if you have like 3 zpms on your ship making it a fanwank vessel minaswell just fly around the ship in circles while firing all your rail guns and shooting off the occational APBWs as that requires little to know power your so called micro jumps is a dumb idea no offence

Comment

Well no offense (spelled with a s not a c) to you but your idea is really stupid, the only way your plan works is if you are jumping right at the ship from hyperspace which you wouldn't know unless you had a ship gathering intel for you and then opening another window and if not Drones fire pretty fast and you are going right at them they will destroy your ship unless it has shields and in that case if the shields hold you don't need to do the whole hyper space thing

Where in my strategy you can stay far enough away that you don't have to worry about drones hitting you right away and as soon as they get to close bam, you jump to the other side and continue firing and in my scenario you don't need shields as you are jumping so I'm fine losing them, in fact all I would do is take the power from the shields and put it into the hyperdrive so I can jump all day, its not like shields do much against drones unless you are a powerful race which neglects the question of beating the drones

So pretty much in my scenario you only need one ship where in yours you need at least two if you want a chance plus the ship you are fighting can't have any knowledge of you being there or move where in mine it can know I am there and it can move

So pretty much mine is a safer call then yours

Also why is it fanwank? I don't need 3 ZPM's to do it, earth did with a X-302 why can't a race with years of hyper space experience and good power generation have to worry about it?

and once again spell check its not that hard

Comment

again hyper space needs time to regernate so u can jump again so u cant jump in jump out jump in jump out with out there being a recarge inbetween each jump and my stratagy doesnt require two ships u can be in a middle of a fight point ur ship toward the enemy activate the window and blow the ship up or if that dont work have that ship get sucked in to the window like they did with the traveller ship with the deadalus that was goign to crash into the planet and be shot out 832492349 mile away from where you were fighting giving you time to fly away and enjoy the scenery

Comment

go to the other thread so we can keep this in one place please

Comment

Working...
                        X