All the Rage (403)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All the Rage (403)

Wil Wheaton guest stars as Dr. Isaac Parrish, an underappreciated scientist whose hostility appears to have gone viral. Blind rage is infecting everyone at Global Dynamics with potentially catastrophic results—especially for Fargo.
    Please use the report feature to request the thread to be opened

All in all I liked this episode, although it would have been much better to have been aired in late October There were moments in the middle of the episode where I was like, zombie movie?, but there was actually a good bit of real conversation that took place and covered some personal issues that needed to be addressed.
    sigpic

Comment

Yeah. Really, it was a fairly well done fake zombie theme. Better than a lot of other shows I've seen.

And I'm sad for Tess now. It might have been interesting to see Tess and Jack grow back together. Personally, I think the main reason why they "didn't work" was because long distance relationships are difficult.
      sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Eh, wasn't really overwhelmed by goodness this week in the way I was for the first two episodes of the season.

"Everyone's out of control with their emotions" is way more of a science fiction cliche than I'm interested in seeing, and Carter's "Romero movie" comment was way off base--Romero zombies (real zombies) shuffle, not run around fighting with each other; that would be 28 Days Later-style infected, not Romero.

I also really dislike the whole abandoning of the Tess/Carter relationship too. Since when did he 'spend a year finding out it didn't work between them?' Their relationship in season 3 was fantastic until she decided to move away so what gives here? Really disappointed on that front. And I miss Zoe too.

There was some likable stuff in this one though. The Fargo bobble head and effigy made me laugh. And there was some nice VFX and makeup work on the 'infected' people, which kind of made up for the GOD AWFUL CGI of the non-lethal mine.

The Henry/Grant story was pretty interesting stuff too, and had me guessing through most of the episode (and I thought the resolution was hilarious). So that was nice, and I love seeing James Callis on this show (even though his American accent still weirds me out). But how can Grant have looked up 'the me that never was' in the archives when they've returned to an alternate present?

Raging Fargo and Tess teasing Carter about his character stereotype was a laugh And I almost didn't recognize Wil Wheaton!
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

more Wil Wheaton would've been nice. how about some Sheldon down the road?

lol @ the 28 Days/Weeks Later feel of the episode

@ the Tess thingy: dang. I was kinda hoping for something 'happier' I guess.
          sigpic

Comment

The entire episode was good. I knew Wil Wheaton was going to be in the episode, but I was surprised how much he's changed since he was Wesley Crusher. The personal issues were a good side story...poor Tess.

I think the funniest part of the story was when Gen. Mansfield called Fargo, and Fargo said "Go frak yourself, Mansfield." That line is so funny, since the actor that plays Mansfield played the Colonial One pilot in the Battlestar Galactica miniseries.
            Last edited by SG1Commander; 24 July 2010, 07:29 AM.
            Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!

Comment

Not too impressed with this one. The "zombie movie" feel made me think of how SG1 made fun of the genre in 200 - and I think that they did it better.

Spoiler:
              Knowledge of the industry spoiled me on the fact that Tess would be leaving. Imdb only has her down for 3 episodes this season so I'm pretty sure we won't see her anymore this season at least. It was a nice surprise that she was back at all because I hadn't checked the filming schedule and thought that her previous commitment on Eastwick would have precluded her from being available.
              The Characters from Bloom County were located to another world where they could live in Peace and avoid the wrath of Jeanne Kirkpatrick.

Here's a photo of Bill the Cat hanging out by the gate waiting for more partying supplies:

Comment

My only gripe is the practical joke Henry's wife played on him. She decided she didn't like his old tools so she destroyed them to force him to get new tools. That's a cruel and very manipulating thing to do.

Get rid of her and get him a new one.

Comment

Originally posted by SG1Commander View Post
                  I knew Wil Wheaton was going to be in the episode, but I was surprised how much he's changed since he was Wesley Crusher.
                  I don't really remember most of his character in ST:TNG (mostly because I didn't watch it regularly when it was still airing), but most of the recent stuff I've seen him in has him playing as a 'mean person' (namely in The Guild web series, and in his 2, I think, guest appearances in The Big Bang Theory).
                  I think I like the 'mean' Wheaton more.
                  sigpic

Comment

You know, that thing that really bothered me about this episode (and to a lesser degree about the other two as well) was Carter's Man Pain in regard to the whole Tess situation. It was always about why it was so hard on HIM that he's still supposed to be together with her and how much it was weighing HIM down but never really about how Tess might feel about a Jack that's suddenly so very different from the one she knows. I get that he couldn't tell her why that is but still... he could have tried at least. They did have something and I was a little pissed off about how easy they got rid of her and that the only scene we really see HER suffer is the last scene of this ep. Nope, still not happy with how they handled that.
                    I'm a 60%er.

I will always place the mission first.
                    I will never accept defeat.
                    I will never quit.
                    I will never leave a fallen comrade.
                    ------
                    "There is no problem that cannot be solved by the use of high explosives."

Comment

I agree with comments above about the "yeah we missed." I wish they would have taken 2-3 minutes at least to show the Jack/Tess struggling relationship, Zoe leave and a few other loose ends to help us feel like a "year" or even half a year went by. They keep saying things happened when to us it feels like just a few weeks passed.
                      sigpic

Comment

I mostly enjoyed the episode. For the most part I really like the new direction of the show this year. But I didn't like how the Jack/Tess relationship was handled - that felt really badly done, and felt like kinda a waste of bringing JRN back at all. They could just have returned to a reality where Tess never came to Eureka if this is what they were going to do.

The rest of it though - I liked. It'll be interesting to see where they go from here.
                        - Life after Stargate -
                        Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                        Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                          I mostly enjoyed the episode. For the most part I really like the new direction of the show this year. But I didn't like how the Jack/Tess relationship was handled - that felt really badly done, and felt like kinda a waste of bringing JRN back at all. They could just have returned to a reality where Tess never came to Eureka if this is what they were going to do.

The rest of it though - I liked. It'll be interesting to see where they go from here.
                          Yeah but then they wouldn't be able to have Jack/Allison have such an odd and awkward flirting relationship!
                          sigpic

Comment

Is it worth watching knowing Wesley Crusher is going to be in it?
                            http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Personally, I didn't see "Wesley Crusher" He looks all grown up now. He sounds all grown up now. He wasn't anywhere near the Marty Stu that Wesley was.

I should say, I was 14 when ST TNG came out and at the time I didn't have a problem with him. Looking back now, I can see why people do.
                              sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Working...
                              X