This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where is all their stuff?

Ok this is something i was thinking about a while back and it came back to me because i was reading the thread talking about how the goa'uld influenced various religions. now most of the planets we have gone to that the goa'uld were at at one time, there have been lots of stuff and various technologies that we have recovered. but on earth there is next to nothing! we found the stargate, and supposedly the various pyramids were erected by them, but thats it. for as many goa'uld that would have to have been on earth at one time or another, there should be a whole heck of alot more stuff. especially since their being cutoff from earth was unexpected, so yu cant say they took it wiht them. so what happened to al their stuff?

Originally posted by spg_1983
    Ok this is something i was thinking about a while back and it came back to me because i was reading the thread talking about how the goa'uld influenced various religions. now most of the planets we have gone to that the goa'uld were at at one time, there have been lots of stuff and various technologies that we have recovered. but on earth there is next to nothing! we found the stargate, and supposedly the various pyramids were erected by them, but thats it. for as many goa'uld that would have to have been on earth at one time or another, there should be a whole heck of alot more stuff. especially since their being cutoff from earth was unexpected, so yu cant say they took it wiht them. so what happened to al their stuff?
    Remember how I had the theory that the Ancients evolved on Earth? Remember how so many posters,maybe even you (not sure), said that's crap cuz if they did evolve on earth, we would have found ruins of their cities and some of their tech? Remember how I said we hardly ever find leftover Goa'uld tech or ruins, yet it's accepted canon that the Goa'uld (and not just Ra, but many) were on Earth for thousands of years, even influencing our religions and cultures.

I think it's more logical that there would be little trace of the Ancients left on Earth after MILLIONS of years (erosion, sinking/rising water levels, tectonic plate movements, spread of civilizations, agriculture, construction, etc.) coupled with the Go'auld occupation. The Goa'uld would have explored and found Ancient tech and would have removed it from Earth, studied it, or destroyed it so not to let us humans think there were other gods other than them.

However, you're right, it's been a matter of thousands, not millions, of years since the Goa'uld left Earth and the gate in Egypt was buried. Where's the tech? Ships, zats, staff weapons?

Maybe these things have been found and just not understood. A staff weapon might appear to be ceremonial or a non-laser weapon of some kind. Some things would be disregarded or others confused.

I really don't know. I think you make some valid points, however. What do you think?

Comment

Originally posted by LordAnubis
      Remember how I had the theory that the Ancients evolved on Earth? Remember how so many posters,maybe even you (not sure), said that's crap cuz if they did evolve on earth, we would have found ruins of their cities and some of their tech? Remember how I said we hardly ever find leftover Goa'uld tech or ruins, yet it's accepted canon that the Goa'uld (and not just Ra, but many) were on Earth for thousands of years, even influencing our religions and cultures.

I think it's more logical that there would be little trace of the Ancients left on Earth after MILLIONS of years (erosion, sinking/rising water levels, tectonic plate movements, spread of civilizations, agriculture, construction, etc.) coupled with the Go'auld occupation. The Goa'uld would have explored and found Ancient tech and would have removed it from Earth, studied it, or destroyed it so not to let us humans think there were other gods other than them.

However, you're right, it's been a matter of thousands, not millions, of years since the Goa'uld left Earth and the gate in Egypt was buried. Where's the tech? Ships, zats, staff weapons?

Maybe these things have been found and just not understood. A staff weapon might appear to be ceremonial or a non-laser weapon of some kind. Some things would be disregarded or others confused.

I really don't know. I think you make some valid points, however. What do you think?
      i agree with what you said (except for the whole ancient on earth thing, but thats a different discussion all together lol)

we have found some stuff ( the whole osiris jar debacle, and that nasty bomb in a box from "Chimera") but we still should have found a lot more. we know for a fact that the goa'uld have hidden stuff for an emergency on earth (Osiris' cool pointy ship) and if one did it, then its safe to assume others did as well. so why is it that we have never found anything really significant? well one answer and the obvious one is that it is a tv show, and the primary focus is supposed to be going through the stargate. or is it? that was the original premise of the show, but hasnt that changed over the years? originally it was all about going through the gate and exploring, but now it has become about the entire stargate universe as a whole, and doesnt have to be centered on the gate. the gate was the jumping off point for the writers to build, but now they can develop story lines beyond that and could have a story arc about this couldnt they?

here is another question sort of related to this. ill be honest my understanding of the timeline of ancient civilizations is far from perfect, but when the rebellion against ra happened and the gate was buried, didnt that happen before there would have been greek and roman and the other societies that there have been goa'uld influenced? i know there was the second gate, but that was buried in ice and the goa'uld only managed to send two jaffa through to their doom. so how did they get here? Ra originally came in a ship, but there must have been some reason that he couldnt do that again after the uprising, so how did the others influence earth cultures? especially the greeks and romans and sokar, because their personas are from cultures that are considered historical times, meaning the cultures had developed a written language and taken to recording and saving their history.

Comment

The Illuminati has all the stuff the Goa'uld left behind. The rebellions that led to the Goa'uld being forced from Earth were probably fomented by the Lanteans when they returned to Earth (these events seem to conincide... and how else would the ancient peoples of Earth have known to bury the Gate). Once the Goa'uld were gone, the Lanteans collected all the Goa'uld junk they could find, and began to blend into human cultures, intermarrying with the peoples of Earth and forming the Illuminati.

-IMF
        Just a theory...
        "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
        "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
        BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Originally posted by IMForeman
          The Illuminati has all the stuff the Goa'uld left behind. The rebellions that led to the Goa'uld being forced from Earth were probably fomented by the Lanteans when they returned to Earth (these events seem to conincide... and how else would the ancient peoples of Earth have known to bury the Gate). Once the Goa'uld were gone, the Lanteans collected all the Goa'uld junk they could find, and began to blend into human cultures, intermarrying with the peoples of Earth and forming the Illuminati.

-IMF
          Just a theory...
          Who are the Illuminati & the Lanteans? Is your post along the lines of a spoiler? I was part way through a rather rambling stab a these questions when I read your post & thought *Hmmm*. Am only a poor S7 terrestrial viewer, so if these are spoilers, how about a heads up? & if not, please explain!
          Oy-Vey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by couchpotatergater
            Who are the Illuminati & the Lanteans? Is your post along the lines of a spoiler? I was part way through a rather rambling stab a these questions when I read your post & thought *Hmmm*. Am only a poor S7 terrestrial viewer, so if these are spoilers, how about a heads up? & if not, please explain!
            the illuminati part isnt a spoiler. as far as i know the illuminati have never been mentioned in stargate and it doesnt make sense for the illuminati to be the answer because they didnt form until the mid 1400's

Comment

the illuminati part isnt a spoiler. as far as i know the illuminati have never been mentioned in stargate and it doesnt make sense for the illuminati to be the answer because they didnt form until the mid 1400's
              I recollect a vague sense of hearing of the illuminati as being connected with the Catholic Church (possibly - very vague recollection!), but the bit about the Lanteans made me think this was poss something from S8 or Atlantis. I'd be interested to know what they are in more detail if this isn't the case: I'm not a complete mythology nerd, but I've always been interested
              Oy-Vey!!!

Comment

i agree with what you said (except for the whole ancient on earth thing, but thats a different discussion all together lol)

we have found some stuff ( the whole osiris jar debacle, and that nasty bomb in a box from "Chimera") but we still should have found a lot more. we know for a fact that the goa'uld have hidden stuff for an emergency on earth (Osiris' cool pointy ship) and if one did it, then its safe to assume others did as well. so why is it that we have never found anything really significant? well one answer and the obvious one is that it is a tv show, and the primary focus is supposed to be going through the stargate. or is it? that was the original premise of the show, but hasnt that changed over the years? originally it was all about going through the gate and exploring, but now it has become about the entire stargate universe as a whole, and doesnt have to be centered on the gate. the gate was the jumping off point for the writers to build, but now they can develop story lines beyond that and could have a story arc about this couldnt they?

here is another question sort of related to this. ill be honest my understanding of the timeline of ancient civilizations is far from perfect, but when the rebellion against ra happened and the gate was buried, didnt that happen before there would have been greek and roman and the other societies that there have been goa'uld influenced? i know there was the second gate, but that was buried in ice and the goa'uld only managed to send two jaffa through to their doom. so how did they get here? Ra originally came in a ship, but there must have been some reason that he couldnt do that again after the uprising, so how did the others influence earth cultures? especially the greeks and romans and sokar, because their personas are from cultures that are considered historical times, meaning the cultures had developed a written language and taken to recording and saving their history.
                Hey, I like my Ancients being from Earth theory!

But anyway, I dunno the answer, but I think the Goa'uld influenced a great deal of Earth culture. Ra brought the Giza gate to Earth by ship, from some unknown planet. The Goa'uld were obviously intelligent enough to remove gates and install them on other worlds or in ships. After it was buried, I have no clue why he wouldn't come back by ship. Maybe by that time, he was too busy trying maintain his empire and worlds that he didn't feel it was important. He might have assumed other system lords buried the gate, or removed it, in order to keep Earth for themselves and he might have felt the fight wasn't worth it.

I think IMForeman might be right in that the Atlanteans (not Lanteans), who were Ancients, helped resist the Goa'uld when they came back from Pegasus around 11,000 years ago, but I don't think they had anything to do with the Illuminati, Knights Templar, Bilderburgers, or any other of those weird sects/groups.

Yes, Greek and Roman cultures were very young, if formed at all, 10,000 to 12,000 years ago. Rome was like 3,000 years ago, or thereabouts and Greece flourished around 4,000 years ago (but I might be off by a few hundred to a thousand years). However, I don't think they were around back 10,000 years ago when the gate was buried.

I think the Goa'uld occupation on Earth started with Ra, around 12,000 years ago. Ra chose Egypt and the Middle East for some reason. Other Goa'uld were either invited by Ra, or choose to come on their own. They too took human hosts and formed Empires on Earth: Cronus in Greece; Nirriti in India; Morrigan in Ireland; Anubis in Egypt; Apophis in Egypt; Yu in China, Ba'al in Sumer; etc. They had their territories and protected them. I think Ra departed for Abydos and began conquering other worlds, some of the system lords began to follow suit and my guess is that a few stayed on Earth, while a great deal of the others were afraid Ra and the others would build greater empires.

So, I think the Goau'ld started to leave Earth and colonize other worlds to build their empires, having taken plenty of Terran humans for Jaffa, hosts,and other purposes. Probably minor Goa'uld were left behind to rule for their system lord. These goa'uld were probably the ones who built the cultures of Earth and helped disseminate fear and worship among the human populations. Eventually, these Goa'uld died, were killed, or left the planet, but the cultures and religions they started, some based on Earth traditions, remained until later times.

Maybe much of the Goa'uld tech was taken by the Go'auld who didn't wish to replace it. They don't always leave that much behind. Also, the cool stuff they would have probably hidden in pyramids, caves, or other spots that wouldn't be easy to access.

Comment

Originally posted by couchpotatergater
                  Lanteans are the Atlanteans, or the Ancients who went to the Pegasus galaxy, seeded it, fought the Wraith, got their asses kicked, and came back to Earth around 10,000 years ago, which coincidentally, was around the time Ra and other Goau'ld reigned on Earth. Lantean is another way of saying Atlantean, but I think Atlantean is the proper way of saying it.

The Illuminati were a group of anti-religious scientific thinkers who tried to discredit the Catholic Church in Europe during the 1400s and 1500s; they actually were strong up until the 1600s I think. They collected many famous works of art and science and tried to build a huge treasure to fund their group. It was better described in "Angels and Demons" by Dan Brown and "National Treasure" with Nicholas Cage.

Comment

The Illuminati . My thought is that the returning Ancients, after fomenting the rebellion and expulsion of the Goa'uld, formed some form of secret society. I don't believe this was necessarily the Illuminati, as the Illuminati was fairly incompetent (how secret can a secret society be if it was as well known as they got), but the Illuminati may be an offshoot, and the name Illuminati "Enlightened Ones" may have come from those Ancients as well, but the organization became corrupted, as for their goals and methods, and that's the Illuminati that became known. There are probably other groups that still remain secret that have alien artifacts of antiquity.

This is by no means my only theory on this matter. I've got dozens, and they all seem to have something going for them... mind you, this is one of the more "out there" ones from me.

-IMF
                    "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
                    "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
                    BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X