No announcement yet.

Repackaged DVDs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was wondering why the SGA dvd's were disappearing off the shelves. Re-doing the cases never crossed my mind lol

Comment

I'm sorry but I think these are HIDEOUS. I'm soooo glad I bought all my DVD's with the old style -- both SG-1 and Atlantis ones.. I see that people seem to think these as well as the new SG-1 packages are *BETTER*? Better how?

These are so ugly that if I didn't buy the DVD's before, and had to get them now, I would just throw away the packaging.

Comment

Originally posted by General Jumper One View Post
        Cool and they fixed the gate, the original package gate had blue chevrons but was the SG-1 gate.
        Wow, never saw this. LOL epic Fail. Tough it is only true to the first season.
        sigpic
        - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

they are also repackaging SG-1, saw it at Wal*Mart

Comment

I wonder if there was ever to be a Blu-Ray release these are what the covers would look like, I wouldn't mind that.

Comment

Seen these at Best Buy, they're rather nice. And I like that they're consistent with one another, where the original package art varied wildly from one season to the next.
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Just wanted to bump this up with some new information. Both Atlantis and SG1 are now being sold in double season packs (1-2, 3-4, etc.) with the latest DVD single season thin case design for $20-30 (prices vary with retailer and all that) as part of Fox's TV Essentials offerings. I'm pretty sure they are only available in stores like Wal-Mart and Target from what I have seen so look there if you're interested.

Comment

I know they're available here for $20 a pop at Best Buy.
                  "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I saw them for $14.99 each at a local HMV.
                    If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
                    Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
                    If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
                    Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

I have a friend who is a general manager at Best Buy. They were telling me the SG-1 and SGA DVDs are selling like hotcakes. Especially the new packaging.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                        I have a friend who is a general manager at Best Buy. They were telling me the SG-1 and SGA DVDs are selling like hotcakes. Especially the new packaging.
                        That's pretty cool. If I didn't already have all of SG-1, I'd get them in the new packaging in a second. I might even be willing to shell out for SGA now too, except that my Season 1 set is in the old packaging and the new style won't match. And things like that bug the snot out of me

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                          That's pretty cool. If I didn't already have all of SG-1, I'd get them in the new packaging in a second. I might even be willing to shell out for SGA now too, except that my Season 1 set is in the old packaging and the new style won't match. And things like that bug the snot out of me
                          I might buy the new set just to have them also. lol.

It's just great when you can buy an entire season for just 20 bucks. Before it used to be at least around 34 dollars a season.
                          sigpic

Comment

I might buy the new set just to have them also. lol.

It's just great when you can buy an entire season for just 20 bucks. Before it used to be at least around 34 dollars a season.
                            At least! $34 was after it had come down a bit. Early on, SG-1 seasons ran about $60 a pop

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                              At least! $34 was after it had come down a bit. Early on, SG-1 seasons ran about $60 a pop
                              Yeah but those things were so heavy you could of thrown them at a robber breaking into your home. Would of likely knocked them out!
                              sigpic

Comment

Yeah but those things were so heavy you could of thrown them at a robber breaking into your home. Would of likely knocked them out!
                                I've since upgraded my home defense system to include the Band of Brothers and Battlestar Galactica boxsets. My home is now unassailable

Comment

Working...
                                X