Drone Weapon Info and Theory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drone Weapon Info and Theory

Below is information I got from reading about drones from sites like stargate.wikia.org, and others. But I also have my own theory of how Drones bypass shields, and I would like your guy's opinions on if you agree it is most likely how the drones do it.

The drones have their own power core and also receive energy through some super form of wireless energy. The drones themselves have impact deflectors, and energy shields. There is also a extremely high temperature energy field generated that allows the drone to burn through with their speed and drilling ability. Because of the high temperature energy field drones are able to melt through almost all matter. Even the strongest and thickest metals can be penetrated by the drones. They are also able to continue to attack as long as they receive power.

The drones have moderate intelligence as they are given information of friend or foe targets when they are launched, and even if the host ships is destroyed the drone will continue to attack according to the information given. The drones also have a sensor on the head of the drone that scans ships so it can target the ship's weak points. Like power generators, lifesupport, shields, hyperdrive, etc...

From what I figure at this time is that the drones can penetrate the shields and armor if the energy supplied to them is strong enough to counter the strength of said shields and armor. Also I think the drones get through shields so easily is because of the drone's own shield and sensor. What I mean by that is the scans the shield, and adapts it's shield to match allowing the drone to pass through easily. Example of this in the series is with a puddle jumper with it's shield on is able to bypass Atlantis's shield. Now shields that are resistant to drones probably are strong enough that the drone can't even slip pass or the drone just can't adapt. (That is my own personal theory that the drones adapt their shields in order to bypass the shield of the enemy. What is your opinion of this theory?)

If that turns out not to be so then I believe the drone is focusing extreme force at one point on the shield. The shield can't counter the amount of force at the one point, and so the drone slips past the shield. The shield just reforms after the puncture. So I am now figuring that if the weapon or weapons are strong enough to get past the shielding of the drone then the drone can be destroyed. This depends on the strength of the shield via the amount of wireless energy given to the drone.

So basically my theory is that the reason Drones pass through shields as if they were there is because the drone matches the shield and passes through. Like the jumpers are able to go through Atlantis's shield. The sensor on the front of the drone sends it the information of the shield it would need to get by. Now shields that are too advanced for a drone to bypass then the drone would try to force its way through. Asgard shields are able to block drones.

okay????....

Comment

Just wanted to know if you guys thought that my theory was possible as to why they bypass shields...

okay????....
      I take it you agree then. Cool

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha Omega Protocol View Post
        Below is information I got from reading about drones from sites like stargate.wikia.org, and others. But I also have my own theory of how Drones bypass shields, and I would like your guy's opinions on if you agree it is most likely how the drones do it.
        Completely unreliable information.
        If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
        Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
        If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
        Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Originally posted by lordofseas View Post
          i agree that stargate.wikia.org is a unreliable source for information , but the idea the drones use heat is a really good one , it wouldn't a shield generator for every drone when you can just use heat , that's how the Asgard Plasma beams works , and it fair to say that drones can communicate because the have a pack behavior .
          sigpic
          Stargate Mods List

I am webxro , google me .SG,ST,SW,B5 Fan since forever.
          StarTrek Excalibur enthusiast and Pardus player .
          GW member infractions : 1

Comment

how so?

Comment

They site the episodes that backup what they say. And from reviewing the episodes I agree with the observations of the drones that the wiki has. If only stargate came out with a tech book! It make life so much easier! The only think like a tech book is this for the drone:

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
                how so?
                Take a look at your signature, and remember what Stargate Wiki is.

Originally posted by Alpha Omega Protocol View Post
                They site the episodes that backup what they say. And from reviewing the episodes I agree with the observations of the drones that the wiki has. If only stargate came out with a tech book! It make life so much easier! The only think like a tech book is this for the drone:
                That's unreliable too.

If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!

sigpic

Comment

The drones' force field also has the crucial ability of generating a nuclear disruptive effect, which allows to dissociate matter into lalaland without the excess of heat expected from such events.
                  For example, see drones "eating" two Kull warriors in Lost City Part II. See McKay's remotely controlled drone make a nice and clean shaft into the material above his head in Tower, at a speed which even surpasses what the best plasma torch would allow, and with a perfection that surpasses the mess that a bunker buster would leave while also traveling much faster.

See them go through armour and hulls.

They can also have explosives effects or just hammer stuff, like for example the drone pushing the Wraith Lord in Sateda, until he's slammed against a wall and the whole thing explodes.

I agree that their own shield probably is the key to how they pass through shields, and only other drones thus far have been shown to destroy drones.

In terms of destructive effects, the best we saw which can be gauged is the pulverization of meters large asteroids, which requires explosive yields in the two digits gigajoule range.
                  It's a lot. That would be several tonnes of TNT. Those yields are rarely used though, unless against large targets.
                  Those weapons obviously have a "warhead" which can be dialed up or down. The lowest explosive yields are about enough to blow up a wooden cart.
                  The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Take a look at your signature, and remember what Stargate Wiki is.
                    theres a difference, that stargate wikia is relatively easy for fans to write about, because, well, we watch the show, while in wikipedia, you have random people who have no background in a certain subject writing about it.

there is no fandom on that wikia, and if it shows up (like from that colonelsam user) it is removed. while i dont agree on the rpg, book, game angle, the rest is pretty good (thanks to me)

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
                      theres a difference, that stargate wikia is relatively easy for fans to write about, because, well, we watch the show, while in wikipedia, you have random people who have no background in a certain subject writing about it.

there is no fandom on that wikia, and if it shows up (like from that colonelsam user) it is removed. while i dont agree on the rpg, book, game angle, the rest is pretty good (thanks to me)
                      And the deliberate mixing of canon and non-canon sources makes a reliable source of information?

sigpic

Comment

And the deliberate mixing of canon and non-canon sources makes a reliable source of information?
                        Stargate.wikia is very very unreliable, its useful if I can't remember something exactly, but its under no circumstances to be taken as canon, like look at all the disagreements about stuff that happens on this forum... its all the same fans
                        I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

Mostly it's pretty close. Can we please stop bickering about a wiki and get back on topic?
                          Carter: "The singularity is about to explode!"

Comment

what non-canon sources would make it unreliable in this topic? the books? the rpg stuff? the magazine? all of which have been credited as canon sources by tptb. i dont agree with anything thats not the shows, movies or a few things thr writers say etc, but that doesnt make them unreliable...just unwanted

Comment

The drones' force field also has the crucial ability of generating a nuclear disruptive effect, which allows to dissociate matter into lalaland without the excess of heat expected from such events.
                              That is true you never see glowing hot metal after a drone has gone through... So high temperature is incorrect. Your idea is more accurate to the show. Would their be metals that drones can't get through?

It's a lot. That would be several tonnes of TNT. Those yields are rarely used though, unless against large targets.
                              Those weapons obviously have a "warhead" which can be dialed up or down. The lowest explosive yields are about enough to blow up a wooden cart.
                              Forgot about that. I would think part of that would be the wireless energy, because if you cut off power the drone shuts off. So probably the warhead is part of the amount of energy it receives...

Comment

Working...
                              X