No announcement yet.

Singularity (114)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, I've wanted to know this for a long time. What was the breed of that dog that Jack gave Cassy at the end? It looked so cute and fluffy I think I might want one.

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
    Spoiler:

Comment

did anyone else notice that when jack and teal'c are running back to the gate, the earth gate has the decon thing in front of it and then when the stargate activates it isnt there anymore, and then after it is activated it is there again.

Comment

Yeah. I attribute it to the fact that they just decided to use the same old opening graphic, and figured that it would go so fast no one would notice (were they wrong or what?)
        Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

they were wrong, what they should have done is when earth started to dial out have two guys run up to the gate lift it up and run offf of the screen with it, then they could use the opening graphic then when the gate activates, they open the iris O'Neill and Teal'cjump through they close the iris then the two guys run back and put it at the bottom of the ramp.

Comment

Who put the Welcome Sign on the planet and what all did it say? It seemed to have a lot of information.

NEVER MIND - Answered myown question, put the DVD in the computer and was able to pause it on the sign. Guess SG-7 put it there when they started setting up the telescope.
            Last edited by QuiGonJohn; 18 April 2005, 01:29 PM.

Comment

Hi...Just joined up with the boards, so hello!

I've been watching my season 1 DVD and it's my first time seeing these episodes in quite a while; I've been watching for certain "firsts" and I'm wondering: Is this the first episode where the Stargate material is referred to as Naquida? Unless I missed something, it's the first time I can recall hearing that name in season 1 (not to mention about it's explosive qualities)...If so, where did the name come from? Did they just randomly come up with a name? Or did it have something to do with the periodic table they found in The Torment of Tantalus? Is this ever explained?

(I always get curious about little details like this - if only for the "Oh cool!" factor)

Comment

I don't know when the term was first used on the show...I do know that it was a city (state? region?) in ancient Thebes. (I think...it's been a while since that class...)

Comment

I think its from a Goa'uld word.. If I remember right this would probably be the first time it was used. I'm not sure exactly... VCR's broke down so I can't even check.
                  The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

I don't think we ever got an explanation. I did a quick transcript check and yes, it was first used in this episode. I believe before it was just referred to as "the material the Stargate's made out of".

Janet: "There a traces of the element the Stargate is made of in her blood."

Sam: "Naquadah?"

I don't think we ever find out where the word's from, nor how we got hold of it.

Comment

okay, that sounds close to what I remember. Not sure why I thought it was a Goa'uld word.
                      The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

I seem to remember the goa'uld using the term at some point. I don't know if we picked it up from them offscreen or vice versa.

Comment

Originally posted by zats
                          The "Oh, God" completely sold the scene. It's funny how two words can be the difference between a really crappy and a really emotional/believeable scene.
                          I totally agree

I quite enjoyed this ep, even though I think I've only seen it the whole way through once or twice. I usually just catch the end of it

Comment

i have only seen this epsidoe once in my marathos a few monts ago, and it was okay not a great ep but it was well writen from my POV

Comment

They gotta show Cassie again! Alright eepy IMO

Comment

I thought the girl who played Cassandra was excellent, and I loved the "Carter goes nuts in a lift" scene, very well done by AT.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X