Singularity (114)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    They often do that -- saying everyone died but all we saw was one village near the gate, while there could have been plenty more somewhere else.
    That has always bugged me.

SG-1 arrives at isolated world with a gate in the center plaza of the village

Daniel: You've been on this planet for hundreds of years, nobody ever used the stargate, and there are only a few hundred people on this planet?
    Villagers: Yes.
    Jack: So you're all like related?
    Villagers: *shrug*
    Sam: Technobable
    Teal'c: Indeed
    By Nolamom
    sigpic

Comment

Well... They had to explain the lack of extras. Goa'uld wars decimated the locals in MW, Wraith culling harvested the locals in Pegasus galaxy.

They even mentioned that the Goa'uld never let a big population on a planet, probably because they couldn't control them and continue the act of gods and goddesses.
      "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

I liked this episode okay until Sam goes back down - I didn't believe her at all that she "knew" Cassandra wouldn't go off - just seemed really stupid to possibly sacrifice herself if she was wrong.
        sigpic
        signature art by lunasera

Comment

Well, if she had been wrong, she'd be dead but that's never gonna happen cause they don't kill main characters in Stargate unless the actors ask to be removed.

Or at least, main characters TPTW liked enough to keep around, anyone else was fair game. So basically, Carter was never in any real danger.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Well, if she had been wrong, she'd be dead but that's never gonna happen cause they don't kill main characters in Stargate unless the actors ask to be removed.

Or at least, main characters TPTW liked enough to keep around, anyone else was fair game. So basically, Carter was never in any real danger.
            Right but that's what makes it so cheap! Her going back effectively guarantees that she doesn't blow up - so not only do you have a stupid decision from Carter, but you killed the dramatic tension at the last moment.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lunasera View Post
              Right but that's what makes it so cheap! Her going back effectively guarantees that she doesn't blow up - so not only do you have a stupid decision from Carter, but you killed the dramatic tension at the last moment.
              Mmm... yeah... when you put it that way...

Comment

Did you know that on your first watch of season 1? Nobody knew that at the time right?
                Spoiler:
                I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
                  Did you know that on your first watch of season 1? Nobody knew that at the time right?
                  Hindsight... or something... is always 20/20.

Comment

Based on like shows of the era though - It would have been bold indeed if they killed off a main character in such a way - possibly unprecedented!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lunasera View Post
                      Based on like shows of the era though - It would have been bold indeed if they killed off a main character in such a way - possibly unprecedented!
                      I was actually expecting that response from FH Shooo!!

But yea, you're right. I was quite young when the 1st season aired so I was a naive Chaka I guess. I had a crush on Amanda too...
                      Spoiler:
                      I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

I had a crush on Amanda too...
                        Which teenager boys hadn't?

Talking about naive viewers. When Sheridan died at Za'ha'dum in Babylon 5, I really believed that is the end for him. I didn't know the cruelty of season finale's cliffhangers. That scene made me even cry.
                        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                          Which teenager boys hadn't?
                          *raises hand*
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

jelly: you have a crush on bacons, we all know that.

Actually Gabrielle from Xena was the real one. And Dr. Julia Heller from Earth 2.... Sam is just the third, but then Vala took over this position, but I was already influenced by FarScape.

Comment

I was actually expecting that response from FH Shooo!!

I'm too predictable.

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                              Actually Gabrielle from Xena was the real one.
                              Literally smitten with her.

(teenage girl though so hella confusing at the time)

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                                *raises hand*
                                That's because you were born a man.

I'm too predictable.

Literally smitten with her.

(teenage girl though so hella confusing at the time)
                                Noice.
                                Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X