No announcement yet.

Singularity (114)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think this was Sam's best episode, which is kind of sad (considering how early it was). However, this episode stands out as being the place where I can pinpoint where I fell in love with Daniel. When Sam says she knows she's supposed to be detached, and Daniel says, "Who says so?" Swoon! I know it was the difference of views between the military and civilian part of SG1, but I just love a man that isn't stereotypical macho man.
    I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

I liked the episode but I haven't seen it in a while.I don't have it on DVD I liked to see it again.Perhaps the following weeks I get the first season
      Lord Zedd

Comment

yes I finally got the DVD and I have seen it today.Poor Cassie whole the planet died except her.Knowing what will happen later she was doing well.It was a big shock for her.
        Lord Zedd

Comment

I loved the scene wherer Jack and Teal'c are talking about the black hole

Teal'c:I do not quite understand this black hole concept.
          O'Neill:It is a hole out there in space where things get sucked in.
          Teal'c:I see
          Lord Zedd

Comment

not my most favorite episode but i liked the development it did for sam!
            sigpic
            Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

I collect the DVD magazine and have only just watched this episode, but oh my god it is so good. Its also very sad and sam must have been very scared when the time for Cassandra to explode came. I think Sam would make a great mother and Jack must miss his son as you can tell when he gives Cassandra the dog at the end.

Did Dr Fraiser look hot or wot when she was in the black t-shirt on the planet? Jacks explanation of the black hole was also very err..good and Teal'c must have known exactly wot he was on about lol

Comment

It was nice to see Jack showing he wasn't ‘dumb’ with his slip of the tongue about astronomy in the first scene. His scene later, describing what a black hole is to Teal’c, was classic Jack and Teal’c. And it was nice to see the little break in Jack’s tough guy façade when he was trying to get a response out of Sam after the time when Cassie's device was supposed to have exploded. Yep Zats, he did call her 'Sam' here & in Solitudes, 4 eps later.

I also liked the two scenes between Daniel and Sam; good writing & acting.

After the way her entrance was written in CotG, it was nice to see Sam’s character developed more with a slightly softer touch.

I agree michelleb, it was nice to see the 'all for one, one for all' comraderie had developed so quickly.
                Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
                  It was nice to see Jack showing he wasn't ‘dumb’ with his slip of the tongue about astronomy in the first scene. His scene later, describing what a black hole is to Teal’c, was classic Jack and Teal’c. And it was nice to see the little break in Jack’s tough guy façade when he was trying to get a response out of Sam after the time when Cassie's device was supposed to have exploded. Yep Zats, he did call her 'Sam' here & in Solitudes, 4 eps later.

After the way her entrance was written in CotG, it was nice to see Sam’s character developed more with a slightly softer touch.

I agree michelleb, it was nice to see the 'all for one, one for all' comraderie had developed so quickly.
                  The elevator dialogue--between Jack and Sam--was really good, I agree.

Have you noticed that everyone on the team is softer around the edges than they first seem? They all seem so tough, but a little digging enearths real emotion. They're very real that way.

Comment

Originally posted by zats
                    Have you noticed that everyone on the team is softer around the edges than they first seem? They all seem so tough, but a little digging enearths real emotion. They're very real that way.
                    Yep. Which I'm very glad for. While I could live with a great villain who is a more one-dimensional blankety-blank, it is alot easier for me (and probably other?) if the 'good guy' leads are more 3-dimensional and we learn more about what makes them tick and see them in situations where they're shown as more passionate and compassionate people.
                    Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                    My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Which then leads to more storyline opportunities, branches coming therefrom, and therefore a better show!

Comment

Originally posted by zats
                        The elevator dialogue--between Jack and Sam--was really good, I agree.

Except for maybe Daniel. He doesn't put on that tough guy routine but its sweet when you see him kick butt like in WTSG and TSL.

I think this ep really gives Sam more charchter then any other eps in this season and think the other eps and other Sam revovled eps dont hold a stone to this one.

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar

I agree with everything you said here - this was a great episode. I liked the look that Jack gave Daniel when he was surprised that Jack knew about astronomy.

This was a great character episode for sam. The writers really got this one right - when you compare it with emancipation, another main Sam-based season one episode, it's like a billion billion billion times better! There was some great acting from Amanda Tapping. The lift scene was amazing. I also really liked Daniel in this ep (well i always love Daniel!) because he was so sweet and thoughtful. And he put so much emotion into the line "Oh God," when Sam told them Cassie was awake.

I'm watching through season 1 dvds at the moment, and from about the 9th episode (Thor's hammer) they suddenly get much better. Each episode now seems to have emotion and character development. Up until then it had the Buffy season 1 syndrome of "Baddy of the week", but now they are more character focussed which i prefer. Perhaps the writers just got to know the characters better.

McKay: In military parlance surprise... is an element on our side.

Comment

I like the Naquada/Potassium bomb thing and when Jack tries to explain Black holes to Teal'c
                            Hitler, Stalin, and Mussolini => three of the world's worst dictators.

Also failed artist, failed priest, and failed grade-school teacher.

What we should learn: Don't trust artists, be wary of priests, and fear your teachers!

Comment

Originally posted by hermajesty
                              ...I also really liked Daniel in this ep (well i always love Daniel!) because he was so sweet and thoughtful. And he put so much emotion into the line "Oh God," when Sam told them Cassie was awake.
                              The "Oh, God" completely sold the scene. It's funny how two words can be the difference between a really crappy and a really emotional/believeable scene.

Comment

Originally posted by SmartFox
                                Except for maybe Daniel. He doesn't put on that tough guy routine but its sweet when you see him kick butt like in WTSG and TSL.
                                Daniel's the opposite. He's so completely sincere that you think you see everything--raw emotion, impetuous passion for one cause or another. Then circumstances go straight to chaotic hell and we find how much more is there--the one that kicks butt.

Comment

Working...
                                X