No announcement yet.

Singularity (114)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry FH. I have to disagree. If I was to describe this episode it's boredom. I don't hate it but I'm so tired watching the Cassandra story. I never liked her as a character. I was more interested it what the Goa'uld Nirriti which was kind of glossed over why she did what she did. That is until S5. SG1 has to have terrible Haznat protocol. I'm calling this poor
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

I saw it more as an average episode. I never thought of it being anything special.
      I do like how in the future they did revisit the whole "Hey we brought an alien kid back to earth" thing.
      Though this did bring a question to mind...don't you think Teal'c would have been writing a "Goa'uld for Dummies" book for everyone and have it be required reading? I mean this isn't the only time a "Oops,
      I forgot to tell you about this plot relevant Goa'uld thing".
      By Nolamom
      sigpic

Comment

Let's call the recurring theme of "Oh, small oversight..."
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

7 minutes and 35 seconds. Felt a little pressure there PuzzleTood
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

LOL -- PuzzleTood

Comment

I find that to be a very...puzzling name.
              By Nolamom
              sigpic

Comment

6:56

Comment

11:49

Loved this episode! I really liked seeing the more emotional side of Sam. AT was amazing in the elevator scene!

Comment

Originally posted by BethHG View Post
                    AT was amazing in the elevator scene!
                    Director kicked her verbally in the gut for that -- he told her what an awful person she was, leaving that little girl all alone down there. What kind of a person does that? You're a monster. It worked.

Comment

Errors:

1. The symbol of the Tauri is upside down on Sam's uniform:
                      http://csillagkapu.hu/kep.php?kep=ht...ba/1x14/04.jpg

2. Teal'c changed the gender of Nirrti:
                      "This Goa'uld Nirti, he once sent an emissary of peace to negotiate a treaty concerning a Stargate Apophis had taken control of. The negotiation was a ploy. The Stargate was destroyed."
                      While we know that the "he" is actually will be a "she" in season 3.

3. They go down only 28 floors and not 30 as Jack said it.
                      "O'NEILL : This elevator goes down thirty floors through solid rock. Takes about three minutes to get to the bottom. That gives you four minutes to start back up."

4. The extra moves slightly her head:
                      http://csillagkapu.hu/kep.php?kep=ht...ba/1x14/03.jpg

5. The desinfection gate disappears during the dialing.
                      http://csillagkapu.hu/kep.php?kep=ht...ba/1x14/01.jpg
                      http://csillagkapu.hu/kep.php?kep=ht...ba/1x14/02.jpg
                      My comment : The kawoosh would have destroyed it anyway.

6. There was sunshine on planet Hanka, while they were expecting a solar eclipse.
                      "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                        2. Teal'c changed the gender of Nirrti:
                        "This Goa'uld Nirti, he once sent an emissary of peace to negotiate a treaty concerning a Stargate Apophis had taken control of. The negotiation was a ploy. The Stargate was destroyed."
                        While we know that the "he" is actually will be a "she" in season 3.
                        That's not necessarily an error.

Osiris too changed from male to female, and I doubt Goa'uld have a specific gender in mind when they occupy hosts. They just impersonate a bunch gods, some of an unspecified gender themselves.

3. They go down only 28 floors and not 30 as Jack said it.
                        "O'NEILL : This elevator goes down thirty floors through solid rock. Takes about three minutes to get to the bottom. That gives you four minutes to start back up."
                        Groundfloor makes 29 -- topfloor 30, and 28 in between.

Comment

I am just a messenger / translator. The floor level really showed only 28, but it makes sense what you have said.

About Nirrti... I know she can be a he... Or Maybe Teal'c hasn't seen her directly, so he was misinformed about her.

Just a little note this story will continue in season 5. SPOILER alert?! They said here everybody died (it was confirmed again in season 3x03 Fair game), while actually only "just" the village of Cassandra has died.
                          "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

I am just a messenger / translator. The floor level really showed only 28, but it makes sense what you have said.
                            Well, I don't know really... I'm guessing since Americans have that odd thing with ground floors being floor 1 and all, instead of floor 0.

About Nirrti... I know she can be a he... Or Maybe Teal'c hasn't seen her directly, so he was misinformed about her.
                            Maybe Nirrti took a male host once. *shrug*

Or we'll just have to blame it on the poor research skills of the writers.

Just a little note this story will continue in season 5. SPOILER alert?! They said here everybody died (it was confirmed again in season 3x03 Fair game), while actually only "just" the village of Cassandra has died.
                            They often do that -- saying everyone died but all we saw was one village near the gate, while there could have been plenty more somewhere else.

Comment

What I have never really liked in Stargate, that a few miles radius around the stargate is a world. Try to imagine if could have only just one extra planet. Every continent would be colonized or something. I know that the Goa'uld and the Wraith kept the population down everywhere so that was the reason of small and undeveloped villages.

Just imagine an alien race visit us on Earth. Then they see only the SGC. Will they judge the complete planet for their actions? What if they would be an amazing ally with China or Australia or Iran or any countries. I know it is a tv show, so we can't expect such high-level moral thinking, just I felt that they are throwing away planets way too easily after a bad first contact experience. Maybe this conversation could have an own thread.
                              Last edited by Platschu; 23 August 2018, 12:29 PM.

Comment

I agree... especially when the SGC is considered the only representative, and that it takes until season 6 with Disclosure before they even stop representing Earth as a whole.

Hypothetically speaking, in fictional terms, if Russia had never meddled with the other stargate, the SGC would still be representing Earth, right up to the point where the Goa'uld appeared in our sky, and then it would have been "Oh yeah, by the way... They think we're in charge of this place."

Comment

Working...
                                X