Singularity (114)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pic View Post
    I thought Sam got attached to Cassie a bit quickly. I don't see Sam as the mother type, perhaps this is where/when she makes that final personality shift to realizing she's not going to be a mother? I say personality shift versus decision because I don't think it's a conscious thing, more like a turning point in life where you accept the path you're heading down or you don't. Sam's remark to Teal'c in the park seemed to conclude this as well.

Also, having that attachment shift so quickly to Janet seems a bit bizarre, but at least Cassie was kept in the SG family.
    Cassie got attached to Sam first. Sam got attached when Cassie wouldn't let Sam leave her alone. I don't think Cassie made a rapid attachment shift to Janet. When we see her in the park with Sam, she's still attached to Sam but she knows she can't stay with Sam because of the amount of time Sam spends off-world. I also don't think Sam will have realized she'll never be a mother at this stage. Amanda Tapping was only 32 when this was made. Assuming Sam's the same age, that's a little early to realize you'll never be a mother.

I enjoyed this episode. The moment in the elevator when Cassie woke up, followed by Sam's inner conflict over leaving her, and Sam's decision to go back to her were incredibly moving. I admit that I cried.

Wonder what happened to the dog. We never see him again.
    C-D
    Dragon by name, Cheerful by nature

Sig by *E*K*R*

Comment

Originally posted by Cheerful Dragon View Post
      Cassie got attached to Sam first. Sam got attached when Cassie wouldn't let Sam leave her alone. I don't think Cassie made a rapid attachment shift to Janet. When we see her in the park with Sam, she's still attached to Sam but she knows she can't stay with Sam because of the amount of time Sam spends off-world. I also don't think Sam will have realized she'll never be a mother at this stage. Amanda Tapping was only 32 when this was made. Assuming Sam's the same age, that's a little early to realize you'll never be a mother.

I enjoyed this episode. The moment in the elevator when Cassie woke up, followed by Sam's inner conflict over leaving her, and Sam's decision to go back to her were incredibly moving. I admit that I cried.

Wonder what happened to the dog. We never see him again.
      And it was a cute dog, too. :[
      If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
      Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
      If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
      Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

This is an alright episode for me.

Comment

Hey.

I also made a new thread about the questians. But was becouse i first not could reply here. But seems like i can now

It was a great episode, but i have 2 questians for it.

1: Why is it called Singularity? Was it becouse that Sam cant explain the attractment for the girl? Or something else? Everything that gets in the singularity gets destroyed, but cant really find a solution to why the episode have that name.

2: Where is the black hole? I know we cant see it, but what is the reason that they have to look in the telescope then? Atleast as the explain they can see some "dust" that get "sucked" in. But we never see that?

Becouse i am asking the questians, is becouse i need to analyse the episode for a school project, and those is the only two questians i have about the episode, which seems like i cant find the answer to other places

Thanks, and sorry for my english. Im from Denmark

From Kehaan.

Comment

His new thread is Here. Don't know if mods should merge them or not
            Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind. -Albert Einstein

I'm beginning to realize no one actually reads my posts.

Comment

good ep i like how sneaky the gou'ld are using humans as weapons. i also like sam befriending the girl
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by General Yogi Bear View Post
                At the time I thought that this was a pretty powerful episode (using a child as a bomb) and Carter breaking orders to be with that child (comforting her) even though it would cost Carter her life. (And also that scene with Carter in the elevator struggling with her decision to leave Cassandra was very moving.)
                I agree. I also loved the part where Jack tried to explain black holes to Teal'c. Classic.
                sigpic

Comment

A good character development episode for Sam, with some nice humor thrown in throughout the episode.

However I do remember the 1st time I saw this episode, I thought that Cassandra should have bonded with Teal'c instead of Sam, seeing that the 1st time Cassandra saw Sam she was wearing the hazmat suit whereas Teal'c wasn't.
                  But nevertheless quite a good episode.

Comment

Great Sam ep. Teal'c looks so intimidating even when he smiles that it didn't surprise me Cassandra bonded with Sam instead...
                    sigpic

Comment

I suppose I'm the only one (haven't read all the post) who sees a similarity between the scenes of when Ripley and Newt first interact and when Sam and Cassie go through their silent period. Also I need to mention I generally don't like the episodes with kids (I might like one other one I guess with the kid that the bug alien creates) but I really like this one with Cassandra.

Comment

I loved "Singularity" - it's a very strong episode. Builds up Sam's character greatly, when she feels herself so bonded to Cassie suddenly that she even refuses to obey her orders and stays with the girl. Sam's no longer a military-to-the-bone and I'm-as-good-as-men-are as before. And the episode shows that SG-1 is already the one whole when Daniel and Teal'C refuse to leave at that moment. Also it's obvious after this episode that Goa'Uld treat all others like crap, not giving a damn about their slaves or their servants, trying to achieve their goals whatever means possible. They wiped out the whole planet to create a trap, and used an innocent girl as a set up, knowing that Earthlings will take care of her and will take her home with them.

But there're some funny moments too. I loved the very beginning when Daniel was startled when Jack said about the accretion disk and the following dialogue about telescope. When Jack was trying to explain to Teal'C what's a black hole, it was funny to watch too. Teal'C's friendly face... Well, that was gem.

But there's one thing that bothers me - how Teal'C was able to identify the Ha'Tak as Nirrti's ship? IIRC they all look similar without any distinguishing marks of their owners?

8/10.
                        Homo sum et nihil humani a me alienum puto, sic quod feci quod potui et sic potui, faciant meliora potentes. (c)

sigpic

Comment

I liked this episode quite much, probably because I am an English teacher of many young children, so it was easy for me to empathize with Sam and Cassie despite not having any offspring of my own.

The plot concerning the implanted bomb and the virus was also quite good and suitably horrific as touching the ruthlessness of the Goauld.

Comment

In this episode, we truly see the heartlessness of the Go'uld in the way they used Cassie. I am so glad she survived, and got to have a life.
                            "I choose freedom." Teal'c Threshold
                            "To resist the influence of others, knowledge of one's self is most important." Teal'c Stronghold

Comment

Never ask Jack a scientific question like explaining a black hole. I felt bad for Teal'c. He went to the wrong person for that explination.

"I choose freedom." Teal'c Threshold
                              "To resist the influence of others, knowledge of one's self is most important." Teal'c Stronghold

Comment

I just watched it again today and did anyone else think "Wow the Jaffa are pretty lousy shots" When trying to fire at Teal'c and O'Neill?
                                "Go to hell!"

"Earth first!"

Comment

Working...
                                X