No announcement yet.

Singularity (114)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow. I LOVED this ep. Great character development for Sam; it really added another dimension. She's not just Briefing Room Sam, people.

What was good:

a. Just about everything. Really.
    b. The opening, with the "it could be an accretion disk" line. Came out of left field but was handled beautifully: "well, one can understand why the local population would...what did you say?!" Or something to that general effect.
    c. The "Welcome to Hanka" sign. Really fun. I can just picture one of the SG teams getting bored, scrounging up some plywood and paint, and making the sign. I sense a fic!
    d. Katie Stuart. She's adorable!
    c. Janet. She. Rocks.
    d. Sam!! AT was brilliant; the scene in the lift was super-powerful. Me mom cries during that part...but then she cries during Kodak commercials for that matter.
    e. Jack. Didja notice he called her Sam? I'm not implying ship...nevermind that, I am...but it was cool. He understood what Cassie's imminent death was doing to her.
    f. The dog. I don't like dogs much (looong story), but this was cute. ONLY Jack would've bought her the dog.

What wasn't so good:
    Alas...

a. Some parts ran like a bad soap opera. When everyone but Sam's in the briefing room, Daniel says something ominously and everyone looks concernedly at the security camera feed in unison...I mean, get real.
    b. Didn't Teal'c refer to Nirrti as "he"? In later eps, Nirrti is female. Although I suppose that the goa'uld could've just changed hosts; if shake comes to shove, I don't think that goa'uld really care about gender all that much. After all, Jolinar was hiding in a guy when she took Sam.

I was so happy when they brought Cassie back! Long live Cassandra!

Comment

Originally posted by jenniferhailey
      My most watched SG Episode ever. Singularity is awesome.

Katie Stuart is one of my favourite actresses, and I liked her a lot better than that annoying replacement. In fact Im a huge Katie fan and co-run a website for her.

Note: Katie was replaced only because she was filming her own tv show.

I love the whole bomb plot line and the Sam/Cass relationship. It's such a sweet episode!
      This is one of the episodes that really how shall I say this,moved me.Poor Cassie,luckly she could stay on Earth and that SG-1 and Fraiser are so friendly for her.O'Neill bought her a dog
      Lord Zedd

Comment

Originally posted by zats
        b. Didn't Teal'c refer to Nirrti as "he"? In later eps, Nirrti is female. Although I suppose that the goa'uld could've just changed hosts; if shake comes to shove, I don't think that goa'uld really care about gender all that much.
        Martouf established in The Tok'ra that the symbiotes themselves were genderless which also explains the gender confusion that accompanied Jolinar in In the Line of Duty.

This episode could have strayed into manipulative sappiness, but I think the balance of action (including the emblematic shot of the death glider strafing the Stargate that made it into the syndicated opening sequence), humor (Jack's telescope) and a new, ruthless threat kept the melodrama in check. Season 1 ruled.
        END OF LINE

Comment

This episode was great! We love this episode at home because it showed that Carter has more to her personality then just the "I have to prove I'm one of the guys" thing. What really showed this was (spoiler: highlight to read)when Sam was crying so hard when she left Cassy in that bomb testing facility. It was one of the most heartbreaking episodes they've done yet.

Oh, yeah. This is definitely one of their best.
          Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Dick
            Martouf established in The Tok'ra that the symbiotes themselves were genderless which also explains the gender confusion that accompanied Jolinar in In the Line of Duty.
            That's right, I'd forgotten Jolinar. And Selmac, for that matter--wasn't it (for lack of a better term) in a woman before moving to Jacob?

Comment

Originally posted by zats
              That's right, I'd forgotten Jolinar. And Selmac, for that matter--wasn't it (for lack of a better term) in a woman before moving to Jacob?
              I always think of Selmek as a nice Jewish grandmother type.

Comment

I L-O-V-E this episode! The first time I saw this one, I cried. It's so heartbreaking. But other than the crying, I love this episode.
                *Rachel Luttrel* "Where are the bathrooms on Atlantis?" Now what the heck kinda question is that?

Comment

This is my favourite season one episode. Katie Stuart is great, so convincing, and managing not to be annoying in the way so many kids in sci-fi are. Very eerie on the planet, and the whole 'kid is a bomb' thing..that was just chilling, to think a gou'ald could do that. And Sam going back down the lift shaft, and the whole team choosing to stay to share her fate....very much a team moment, one that showed how close they'd become. Great episode all round.
                  Michelle's Fanfic Here My Original Fic

Comment

I love this episode, it's my favorite in this season along with Emancipation, Tin man and Solitudes. That scene in the lift just makes me cry every time! I think it's AT's best acting moment (although she is soooo cool as Jolinar!). I can't get enough of that scene.

Katie was awsome all through the episode. I loved how scared and fragile she looked when she clung to AT!

And I loved how they introduced Sam's more feminin/motherly side. Because most of the time they show the Sam the warrioress side. Not that I mind Sam's awsome.
                    May our transmatter beams cross again...

Proud Member of the Chevron Guy Club

"Out of that sea of stars came all the elements that make me what I am. "

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
                      I always think of Selmek as a nice Jewish grandmother type.
                      Of course, this is a nice Jewish grandmother who brings you tea and cookies before kicking serious goa'uld a** and beating the crap out of a few System Lords!

Comment

I'd love to have that kinda grandma. 'Course, it'd be a little hard to figure out which half I was talking to.
                        Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Can you imagine what she'd do if she caught you snitching cookies? You wouldn't know if she was going to give you another one or zat you until it was too late!

Comment

All the "nice jewish grandmothers" I've known are tough cookies themselves. So yes, that's exactly the kind of thing I was thinking of.

Comment

I'll take that to mean that I'd likely the zatted, then. Ouch. I think I'd take Catherine as a grandmother, then!

On the other hand, Selmak'd be great for writing family histories. I can imagine it now: "Well, one part of my grandmother is from Chicago and worked at H&R Block, but the other part is a little over three centuries old and is part of a massive underground resistance movement against the freakish aliens trying to enslave the galaxy..." I think I'd flunk the report if I handed it in for a social studies class!

(Actually, Fischer, I think I may have missed your point entirely...shh)

Comment

about five of the episodes around this episode were mainly focused on character development among series development and while it isnt all action oriented, its still good, and its an interesting mystery introduction for the nasty goa'uld!
                                sigpic
                                Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Working...
                                X