Singularity (114)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    These words - I looked up what they meant, and as per its definition...

Biological imperatives are the needs of living organisms required to perpetuate their existence: to survive. Include the following hierarchy of logical imperatives for a living organism: survival, territorialism, competition, reproduction, quality of life-seeking, and group forming. Living organisms that do not attempt to follow or do not succeed in satisfying these imperatives are described as maladaptive; those that do are adaptive.

So by your own account you're adaptive, those of us without an inherent need to have children or wanting to nurture them are maladaptive, which if I look into the Thesaurus is synonym to maladjusted, nonadaptive, unfit, abnormal, defective, dysfunctional (at least I can put the FUN in it), flawed and unstable.
    Problem is SB called me that I only mocked at the word I didn't accept that 'title'. (page 11). So, please, don't write "by your own account"!!!
    CARPE DIEM
    ANJA

Comment

Originally posted by Anja View Post
      Problem is SB called me that I only mocked at the word I didn't accept that 'title'. (page 11). So, please, don't write "by your own account"!!!
      If it was only in geste, perhaps use a way to make it look as such... things get lost in translation, i.e. sarcasm and irony don't read well. A bit of or a almost never do any harm...

Nevertheless, I know Seaboe a lot longer than I do you and she made a conclusion from your replies. So, I don't know... but I doubt much mocking needed to be done.

I also remember how you didn't seem to mind a little "healthy stalking" from the other half.... All that, an image makes.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Oh good grief, what did I start here?

Comment

Originally posted by Claire98909 View Post
          You created a monster.

Or, you know, opened a can of worms...

Comment

Just like old times
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Claire98909 View Post
              Something good, good brain work and an exchange of attitudes (no irony involved here).
              No reason for sleepless nights.
              Simply fun and some thinking.
              Do more!!!
              CARPE DIEM
              ANJA

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                Just like old times
                And we remember them fondly...

Them days we broke GW...

Comment

Another episode in season 1, I really enjoy rewatching. It delivers on a lot of my likes: a good portion of Fraiser (even off-world), drama, action and adventure, explosions, good character interactions, a new Goa'uld in town and causing trouble for Earth.

Note concerning the explosions: when Rick and Chris are running towards the gate, you can spot the place at one point where an explosion is going to hit. There's a neatly dug hole, which fits the blast of a virtual deathglider later in post, though the actual explosion happens right behind their heels.

The episode starts innocent enough with Jack all astronomical smart, blowing Daniel off his feet with his knowledge. Of course, he still uses the telescope to spy on his neighbors (I mean, who hasn't done that).
                  Off to see the wizard on Hanka... I mean, SG7 which has been preparing for the eclipse and the black hole show.

But [insert ominous music]... dead bodies are in the way of things... plague-ridden bodies, including SG7, and everyone's dead... except, nope one's alive. Technically, that should have set of an entire orchestra of alarmbells but well that would have made the remaining 30 minutes of the episode obsolete and we wouldn't have gotten that nice of bit Carter-drama in the elevator, or the Jackson/Carter/Fraiser working together moments.

Nirrti (who'll become one of my favorite Goa'uld in the series) is one sneaky bastard, and as the enemy of Apophis' one up him by destroying the stargate on Earth. That would have been quite a nodge on his belt (her belt but for now according to Teal'c it's a he). The Trojan Horse tactic works and Cassandra is wearing one hell of a suicide vest -- one that, from first looks, can't simply be cut away or taken off or away. Really puts an edge on things.

Anyway, like I said... I really enjoy Singularity as an episode and it is the beginning Fraiser's development as a fullblown character, and I really like that. Also, the dog at the end... furball of cute!

How would you rate SG-1's "Singularity?"

Excellent
                  Good
                  Fair
                  Poor
                  Terrible

I'm giving it an excellent, because it delivers on all my personal likes.

Comment

Here I am with the 3-episode quiz and the jigsaw puzzle for Singularity.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                      Note concerning the explosions: when Rick and Chris are running towards the gate...
                      If you look carefully, at least during part of that run, it's not Rick, it's Dan. Their runs are different.

Looking for Dan-as-Rick--without going frame by frame--is one of my little pleasures.

I too like this episode. Except... putting on their gear before they clean their hands means they've contaminated their gear. Not to mention that by the time they put their gear on, they've already been exposed.

Seaboe
                      If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
                        If you look carefully, at least during part of that run, it's not Rick, it's Dan. Their runs are different.
                        Ah... now I'm gonna pay attention to even more of those little details.

I too like this episode. Except... putting on their gear before they clean their hands means they've contaminated their gear. Not to mention that by the time they put their gear on, they've already been exposed.
                        And Jack also leaves the swipe with the body -- didn't his momma teach him to take his trash with him or to recycle it in the appropriate bins.

Comment

Looking for Dan-as-Rick--without going frame by frame--is one of my little pleasures.

Seaboe
                          Dan is actually the one carrying Sam back over the walkway after she passed out.

Comment

8 Minutes and 57 Seconds.
                            By Nolamom
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                              Dan is actually the one carrying Sam back over the walkway after she passed out.
                              He's also the one carrying temporarily dead Daniel through the Stargate in the Light.

Seaboe
                              If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

10 min 21 sec & 9/15
                                http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Working...
                                X