Page 1 of 14 123411 ... LastLast

Stargate Singularity (114)

Visit the Episode GuideDISCUSS ...
    SINGULARITY
    EPISODE NUMBER - 114

A mysterious affliction wipes out the entire population of a planet, plus an SG team -- except for one young girl. Carter befriends her, but learns that she is being used by the Goa'uld.

Visit the Episode Guide >>
    Last edited by Darren; January 24th, 2007 at 08:00 PM.

Heart Re: Singularity (114)

My most watched SG Episode ever. Singularity is awesome.

Katie Stuart is one of my favourite actresses, and I liked her a lot better than that annoying replacement. In fact Im a huge Katie fan and co-run a website for her.

Note: Katie was replaced only because she was filming her own tv show.

I love the whole bomb plot line and the Sam/Cass relationship. It's such a sweet episode!
    ------
    Shelby aka JessMerrick

Default Re: Singularity (114)

I like "Singularity", too. It sets the stage for the relationships between Cassie, Sam and Janet, and it also gives us an insight into Sam's psyche.
    I'm always a sucker for character development stories.
    "Singularity" along with "Solitudes" are my two most rewatched eps in S1.
    Slainte gg

Probie

I'm a sucker for any episode with a kid in it, and I think Katie Stuart did a great job. That "Sam!" right before the door shuts just tears your heart out. Definitely one of the best of the season.

First Lieutenant KorbenDirewolf's Avatar

Ah... well I never really like this episode all that much but its not one that I hate to watch. The naquadah/potassium reaction is pretty cool.
    The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

http://home.graffiti.net/kdiw/indiv.jpg

I liked this ep.
    It was well acted, Katie Stuart was excellent, and AT got to show some serious emotion in the lift. WOW!
    http://forum.gateworld.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=29235&d=1297874202

The lift scene was cool. Did anyone see that mistake with the watch?

what was the mistake?
    ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
    The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

I like the scene when Jack and Teal'c run through the gate with the suits on and there is an explosion and the disinfectant sprays.

Quote Originally Posted by bcmilco
    what was the mistake?
    I didn't catch it but a would assume... there was one then there wasn't.

Nox Envoy
    (Moderator)

I always thought the little goof with the appearing/disappearing watch was from "In the line of Duty" (S2),but maybe it happened in this episode too !
    ::Things to do when I get time : Rewatch Singularity ::

Nox Envoy
    (Moderator)

Quote Originally Posted by Slainte
    I like "Singularity", too. It sets the stage for the relationships between Cassie, Sam and Janet, and it also gives us an insight into Sam's psyche.
    I'm always a sucker for character development stories.
    "Singularity" along with "Solitudes" are my two most rewatched eps in S1.
    Slainte gg
    I second all that,Slainte !
    Also,although we didn't see her "Onscreen", Nirrti was first introduced and the stage was set for her story arcs,and her nefarious schemes.

I wonder what the name of the episode signifies?

Lieutenant Colonel Major Fischer's Avatar

My guess is that it refers to the black hole (quantum singularity) that SG7 was originally on the world to study. It also has the double meaning of Cassandra being the single survivor.

My only regret in this is that we didn't get to see much of Janet's first trip through the gate. But that's a real minor thing...

I loved the part where sam had to kil the girl, wait, that dident come out right. i mean the emotion in the scene and how sam lover her so much. though i do prefer the girl in Rite of Passage more.

I give green for signatures with ancient in them

Good question...think it's Kansas...let me check...

Re: Singularity (114)

Wow. I LOVED this ep. Great character development for Sam; it really added another dimension. She's not just Briefing Room Sam, people.

What was good:

a. Just about everything. Really.
    b. The opening, with the "it could be an accretion disk" line. Came out of left field but was handled beautifully: "well, one can understand why the local population would...what did you say?!" Or something to that general effect.
    c. The "Welcome to Hanka" sign. Really fun. I can just picture one of the SG teams getting bored, scrounging up some plywood and paint, and making the sign. I sense a fic!
    d. Katie Stuart. She's adorable!
    c. Janet. She. Rocks.
    d. Sam!! AT was brilliant; the scene in the lift was super-powerful. Me mom cries during that part...but then she cries during Kodak commercials for that matter.
    e. Jack. Didja notice he called her Sam? I'm not implying ship...nevermind that, I am...but it was cool. He understood what Cassie's imminent death was doing to her.
    f. The dog. I don't like dogs much (looong story), but this was cute. ONLY Jack would've bought her the dog.

What wasn't so good:
    Alas...

a. Some parts ran like a bad soap opera. When everyone but Sam's in the briefing room, Daniel says something ominously and everyone looks concernedly at the security camera feed in unison...I mean, get real.
    b. Didn't Teal'c refer to Nirrti as "he"? In later eps, Nirrti is female. Although I suppose that the goa'uld could've just changed hosts; if shake comes to shove, I don't think that goa'uld really care about gender all that much. After all, Jolinar was hiding in a guy when she took Sam.

I was so happy when they brought Cassie back! Long live Cassandra!

Quote Originally Posted by jenniferhailey
    My most watched SG Episode ever. Singularity is awesome.

Katie Stuart is one of my favourite actresses, and I liked her a lot better than that annoying replacement. In fact Im a huge Katie fan and co-run a website for her.

Note: Katie was replaced only because she was filming her own tv show.

I love the whole bomb plot line and the Sam/Cass relationship. It's such a sweet episode!
    This is one of the episodes that really how shall I say this,moved me.Poor Cassie,luckly she could stay on Earth and that SG-1 and Fraiser are so friendly for her.O'Neill bought her a dog
    Lord Zedd

Chief Master Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by zats
    b. Didn't Teal'c refer to Nirrti as "he"? In later eps, Nirrti is female. Although I suppose that the goa'uld could've just changed hosts; if shake comes to shove, I don't think that goa'uld really care about gender all that much.
    Martouf established in The Tok'ra that the symbiotes themselves were genderless which also explains the gender confusion that accompanied Jolinar in In the Line of Duty.

This episode could have strayed into manipulative sappiness, but I think the balance of action (including the emblematic shot of the death glider strafing the Stargate that made it into the syndicated opening sequence), humor (Jack's telescope) and a new, ruthless threat kept the melodrama in check. Season 1 ruled.
    END OF LINE

Right next to the Stargate, the one I made.

Earth Symbol Re: Singularity (114)

This episode was great! We love this episode at home because it showed that Carter has more to her personality then just the "I have to prove I'm one of the guys" thing. What really showed this was (spoiler: highlight to read)when Sam was crying so hard when she left Cassy in that bomb testing facility. It was one of the most heartbreaking episodes they've done yet.

Oh, yeah. This is definitely one of their best.

Good question...think it's Kansas...let me check...

Earth Symbol Re: Singularity (114)

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Dick
    Martouf established in The Tok'ra that the symbiotes themselves were genderless which also explains the gender confusion that accompanied Jolinar in In the Line of Duty.
    That's right, I'd forgotten Jolinar. And Selmac, for that matter--wasn't it (for lack of a better term) in a woman before moving to Jacob?

Page 1 of 14 123411 ... LastLast