• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Singularity (114)

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE SG-1 - SEASON ONE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 114

A mysterious affliction wipes out the entire population of a planet, plus an SG team -- except for one young girl. Carter befriends her, but learns that she is being used by the Goa'uld.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 06 February 2021, 11:06 PM.

My most watched SG Episode ever. Singularity is awesome.

Katie Stuart is one of my favourite actresses, and I liked her a lot better than that annoying replacement. In fact Im a huge Katie fan and co-run a website for her.

Note: Katie was replaced only because she was filming her own tv show.

I love the whole bomb plot line and the Sam/Cass relationship. It's such a sweet episode!
    ------
    Shelby aka JessMerrick

Comment

I like "Singularity", too. It sets the stage for the relationships between Cassie, Sam and Janet, and it also gives us an insight into Sam's psyche.
      I'm always a sucker for character development stories.
      "Singularity" along with "Solitudes" are my two most rewatched eps in S1.
      Slainte gg
      Slainte
      "There are many forms of power, my dear. Some more subtle than others." Linea to Captain Carter, Prisoners, S2.

Comment

I'm a sucker for any episode with a kid in it, and I think Katie Stuart did a great job. That "Sam!" right before the door shuts just tears your heart out. Definitely one of the best of the season.

Comment

Ah... well I never really like this episode all that much but its not one that I hate to watch. The naquadah/potassium reaction is pretty cool.
          The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

I liked this ep.
            It was well acted, Katie Stuart was excellent, and AT got to show some serious emotion in the lift. WOW!
            sigpic

Comment

The lift scene was cool. Did anyone see that mistake with the watch?
              __

__

Comment

what was the mistake?
                ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
                The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

I like the scene when Jack and Teal'c run through the gate with the suits on and there is an explosion and the disinfectant sprays.

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco
                    what was the mistake?
                    I didn't catch it but a would assume... there was one then there wasn't.

Comment

I always thought the little goof with the appearing/disappearing watch was from "In the line of Duty" (S2),but maybe it happened in this episode too !
                      ::Things to do when I get time : Rewatch Singularity ::
                      The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by Slainte
                        I like "Singularity", too. It sets the stage for the relationships between Cassie, Sam and Janet, and it also gives us an insight into Sam's psyche.
                        I'm always a sucker for character development stories.
                        "Singularity" along with "Solitudes" are my two most rewatched eps in S1.
                        Slainte gg
                        I second all that,Slainte !
                        Also,although we didn't see her "Onscreen", Nirrti was first introduced and the stage was set for her story arcs,and her nefarious schemes.
                        The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

I wonder what the name of the episode signifies?

Comment

My guess is that it refers to the black hole (quantum singularity) that SG7 was originally on the world to study. It also has the double meaning of Cassandra being the single survivor.

My only regret in this is that we didn't get to see much of Janet's first trip through the gate. But that's a real minor thing...

Comment

I loved the part where sam had to kil the girl, wait, that dident come out right. i mean the emotion in the scene and how sam lover her so much. though i do prefer the girl in Rite of Passage more.

I give green for signatures with ancient in them

Comment

Working...
                              X