Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    Lieutenant Colonel Major Fischer's Avatar

Default Re: Singularity (114)

Quote Originally Posted by zats
    That's right, I'd forgotten Jolinar. And Selmac, for that matter--wasn't it (for lack of a better term) in a woman before moving to Jacob?
    I always think of Selmek as a nice Jewish grandmother type.

Chief Master Sergeant Daniel's Sister's Avatar

Heartbroken Re: Singularity (114)

I L-O-V-E this episode! The first time I saw this one, I cried. It's so heartbreaking. But other than the crying, I love this episode.
    *Rachel Luttrel* "Where are the bathrooms on Atlantis?" Now what the heck kinda question is that?
    http://i3.tinypic.com/zu1mow.jpg

This is my favourite season one episode. Katie Stuart is great, so convincing, and managing not to be annoying in the way so many kids in sci-fi are. Very eerie on the planet, and the whole 'kid is a bomb' thing..that was just chilling, to think a gou'ald could do that. And Sam going back down the lift shaft, and the whole team choosing to stay to share her fate....very much a team moment, one that showed how close they'd become. Great episode all round.

Captain Cpn. Chris(tine) Bowman's Avatar

I love this episode, it's my favorite in this season along with Emancipation, Tin man and Solitudes. That scene in the lift just makes me cry every time! I think it's AT's best acting moment (although she is soooo cool as Jolinar!). I can't get enough of that scene.

Katie was awsome all through the episode. I loved how scared and fragile she looked when she clung to AT!

And I loved how they introduced Sam's more feminin/motherly side. Because most of the time they show the Sam the warrioress side. Not that I mind Sam's awsome.
    May our transmatter beams cross again...

Proud Member of the Chevron Guy Club

"Out of that sea of stars came all the elements that make me what I am. "

Good question...think it's Kansas...let me check...

Lightbulb Re: Singularity (114)

Quote Originally Posted by Major Fischer
    I always think of Selmek as a nice Jewish grandmother type.
    Of course, this is a nice Jewish grandmother who brings you tea and cookies before kicking serious goa'uld a** and beating the crap out of a few System Lords!

Right next to the Stargate, the one I made.

Earth Symbol Re: Singularity (114)

I'd love to have that kinda grandma. 'Course, it'd be a little hard to figure out which half I was talking to.
    Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

http://i2.tinypic.com/20gmk8w.jpg
    Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Can you imagine what she'd do if she caught you snitching cookies? You wouldn't know if she was going to give you another one or zat you until it was too late!

Lieutenant Colonel Major Fischer's Avatar

All the "nice jewish grandmothers" I've known are tough cookies themselves. So yes, that's exactly the kind of thing I was thinking of.

I'll take that to mean that I'd likely the zatted, then. Ouch. I think I'd take Catherine as a grandmother, then!

On the other hand, Selmak'd be great for writing family histories. I can imagine it now: "Well, one part of my grandmother is from Chicago and worked at H&R Block, but the other part is a little over three centuries old and is part of a massive underground resistance movement against the freakish aliens trying to enslave the galaxy..." I think I'd flunk the report if I handed it in for a social studies class!

(Actually, Fischer, I think I may have missed your point entirely...shh)

about five of the episodes around this episode were mainly focused on character development among series development and while it isnt all action oriented, its still good, and its an interesting mystery introduction for the nasty goa'uld!

Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

I think this was Sam's best episode, which is kind of sad (considering how early it was). However, this episode stands out as being the place where I can pinpoint where I fell in love with Daniel. When Sam says she knows she's supposed to be detached, and Daniel says, "Who says so?" Swoon! I know it was the difference of views between the military and civilian part of SG1, but I just love a man that isn't stereotypical macho man.
    I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

I liked the episode but I haven't seen it in a while.I don't have it on DVD I liked to see it again.Perhaps the following weeks I get the first season
    Lord Zedd

yes I finally got the DVD and I have seen it today.Poor Cassie whole the planet died except her.Knowing what will happen later she was doing well.It was a big shock for her.
    Lord Zedd

I loved the scene wherer Jack and Teal'c are talking about the black hole

Teal'c:I do not quite understand this black hole concept.
    O'Neill:It is a hole out there in space where things get sucked in.
    Teal'c:I see
    Lord Zedd

not my most favorite episode but i liked the development it did for sam!

Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Lieutenant Colonel WraithWarrior's Avatar

Chevron Re: Singularity (114)

I collect the DVD magazine and have only just watched this episode, but oh my god it is so good. Its also very sad and sam must have been very scared when the time for Cassandra to explode came. I think Sam would make a great mother and Jack must miss his son as you can tell when he gives Cassandra the dog at the end.

Did Dr Fraiser look hot or wot when she was in the black t-shirt on the planet? Jacks explanation of the black hole was also very err..good and Teal'c must have known exactly wot he was on about lol

relaxing on a certain dock near a certain cabin...

It was nice to see Jack showing he wasn't ‘dumb’ with his slip of the tongue about astronomy in the first scene. His scene later, describing what a black hole is to Teal’c, was classic Jack and Teal’c. And it was nice to see the little break in Jack’s tough guy façade when he was trying to get a response out of Sam after the time when Cassie's device was supposed to have exploded. Yep Zats, he did call her 'Sam' here & in Solitudes, 4 eps later.

I also liked the two scenes between Daniel and Sam; good writing & acting.

After the way her entrance was written in CotG, it was nice to see Sam’s character developed more with a slightly softer touch.

I agree michelleb, it was nice to see the 'all for one, one for all' comraderie had developed so quickly.
    Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
    My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Lightbulb Re: Singularity (114)

Quote Originally Posted by ShimmeringStar
    It was nice to see Jack showing he wasn't ‘dumb’ with his slip of the tongue about astronomy in the first scene. His scene later, describing what a black hole is to Teal’c, was classic Jack and Teal’c. And it was nice to see the little break in Jack’s tough guy façade when he was trying to get a response out of Sam after the time when Cassie's device was supposed to have exploded. Yep Zats, he did call her 'Sam' here & in Solitudes, 4 eps later.

I also liked the two scenes between Daniel and Sam; good writing & acting.

After the way her entrance was written in CotG, it was nice to see Sam’s character developed more with a slightly softer touch.

I agree michelleb, it was nice to see the 'all for one, one for all' comraderie had developed so quickly.
    The elevator dialogue--between Jack and Sam--was really good, I agree.

Have you noticed that everyone on the team is softer around the edges than they first seem? They all seem so tough, but a little digging enearths real emotion. They're very real that way.

relaxing on a certain dock near a certain cabin...

Quote Originally Posted by zats
    Have you noticed that everyone on the team is softer around the edges than they first seem? They all seem so tough, but a little digging enearths real emotion. They're very real that way.
    Yep. Which I'm very glad for. While I could live with a great villain who is a more one-dimensional blankety-blank, it is alot easier for me (and probably other?) if the 'good guy' leads are more 3-dimensional and we learn more about what makes them tick and see them in situations where they're shown as more passionate and compassionate people.
    Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
    My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Which then leads to more storyline opportunities, branches coming therefrom, and therefore a better show!

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast