Favourite episodes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favourite episodes?

I was rewatching some episodes lately, and I noticed that there isn't really an episode in BSG I hate, in fact, I like almost all of them. Some more than others, of course, but still it's tough to list my favourite eps since they are all great in their own way. Nevertheless I'll give a humble attempt at it:

10. Crossroads pt. 2. Lee/Baltar/Lampkin, great trio
    9. Maelstrom. Great Starbuck episode.
    8. 33. Bloody good series opener.
    7. Taking a Break From All Your Worries. Great Baltar episode.
    6. Lay Down Your Burdens. Cliffhanger!
    5. Downloaded. Nice POV episode from the Cylons.
    4. Unfinished Business. ´Lee Adama loves Kara Thrace!´
    3. Valley of Darkness. Great character moments, but it's the atmosphere of the episode that works so well. Dark, gritty, and depressing, that's how I like my BSG
    2. The Oath/Blood on the Scales. Brutal action and heavy character drama, as well as the death of a beloved character
    1. Occupation. I'd list the entire New Caprica arc here if I could, though.

Honourable mentions:
    - Pegasus: I never thought I'd say it, but sometimes the show becomes too dark and depressing Nevertheless a great episode.
    - Flesh and Bone: Leoben is one scary Cylon.
    - Revelations: the return of D'Anna, and the discovery of Earth. But not as they hoped.
    Mia: Don't you hate that?
    Vincent: Hate what?
    Mia: Uncomfortable silences. Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?
    Vincent: I don't know. That's a good question.
    Mia: That's when you know you've found somebody really special: you can just shut the f*** up for a minute and comfortably share silence.
    - Pulp Fiction

I don't know if I can place them in any order, but just in airing order:

1.01 "33"
    1.13 "Kobol's Last Gleaming, Part 2"
    2.07 "Home, Part 2"
    2.10 "Pegasus"
    2.20 "Lay Down Your Burdens, Part 2"
    3.04 "Exodus, Part 2"
    3.09 "Unfinished Business"
    3.13 "Taking a Break from All Your Worries"
    3.17 "Maelstrom"
    3.20 "Crossroads, Part 2"
    4.01 "He That Believeth in Me"
    4.09 "The Hub"
    4.10 "Revelations"
    4.11 "Sometimes A Great Notion"
    4.13 "The Oath"
    4.14 "Blood on the Scales"
    4.19-20 "Daybreak"

Yeah....I love this show
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

the show is Great!

I love Pegasus, Scar, Razor (a film I know but still) and allot I do not remember by name

www.darkarmada.nl
      www.runescape.com

Ode aan Nederlandsch-Indië

Comment

1. 33
        2. The Hand of God
        3. Kobol's Last Gleaming 1 & 2
        4. Pegasus
        5. Home, Part 2
        6. Exodus, Part 2
        7. Lay Down Your Burdens, 1 & 2
        8. Unfinished Business
        9. Revelations
        10. Crossroads, Part 2
        11. The Oath & Blood on the Scales
        12. Daybreak, Part 1 & 2
        Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!

Comment

It's easier for me to pick out the few episodes that I didn't like rather than select my favorites since they were all so good.

Comment

I love threads like these. It's too much fun reading through these lists and going "yeah, that one!" or "I gotta watch that again", etc.

Some of my favourites, off the top of my head (haven't actually watched them in a while) in airing order, a la DigiFluid:

Kobol's Last Gleaming
            Valley of Darkness
            Final Cut
            Flight of the Phoenix
            Pegasus
            Resurrection Ship
            Lay Down Your Burdens
            Exodus
            Unfinished Business
            Crossroads
            Revelations
            Sometimes A Great Notion
            The Oath
            Blood on the Scales
            Daybreak

(Well, that was longer than I expected. )

Comment

yea, nBSG is just awesome, I cannot help it but like the series allot XD

www.darkarmada.nl
              www.runescape.com

Ode aan Nederlandsch-Indië

Comment

Ooh, too hard to choose! But I'll give it a go!

THE ROSLIN/ADAMA EPS:
                Blood on the Scales ("I'm coming for all of you!")
                The Oath (Kiss!!)
                The Hub ("About time.")

Sometimes A Great Notion... (Dee! Did NOT see that coming! And gotta love everyone falling to pieces!)

Faith (I'll admit it, I just love Nana Visitor!)

Crossroads (don't you just wanna bust Lee's head open??)

The Passage (Kat was my favourite pilot and this episode was so sad!)

Unfinished Business ("Maybe we should just enjoy this." "I am.")

Exodus (Who couldn't love Galactica jumping into the atmosphere?? Best moment of the series!)

Valley of Darkness (I'm a big action fan)

Tigh Me Up, Tigh Me Down (Frakking hilarious episode)

Six Degrees of Separation (The scene with Baltar smashing up the lab still cracks me up. Best Baltar bit ever!)

Colonial Day (Just cuz it's chock full of Roslin. What? I'm an addict..)

AND The miniseries. Love it!

LEAST favourite would be A Measure of Salvation, simply because it disabused me of the notion that people were basically good when everyone kicked off at Helo (on the show and in real life!! Yes, I'm talking about the fans.) for NOT committing genocide. Before that, I thought it was a generally acknowledged fact that genocide was completely unacceptable no matter what the provocation. Colour me sick with disappointment and disgust at my fellow man...

Sorry, that still fraks me off!!
                sigpic
                "Science flies you to the moon.
                Religion flies you into buildings."

Comment

everything expect 'scar' and black market
                  https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Everything except "33" for some reason even though it was the pilot it was just hard for me to get through. I know that probably sounds odd lol. but i do love 'downloaded'

Comment

Originally posted by mysterywriter012 View Post
                      Everything except "33" for some reason even though it was the pilot it was just hard for me to get through. I know that probably sounds odd lol. but i do love 'downloaded'
                      "33"....wasn't the series pilot. And it's one of the most acclaimed episodes of the series
                      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                        "33"....wasn't the series pilot. And it's one of the most acclaimed episodes of the series
                        lol oops. i forgot about the mini-series for a second. I kinda thought "33" was alittle too slow for me, and it began to pick up after that. Maybe I'll re-watch "33" now that i'm more interested and I might wind up liking it more than i originally did. I also had the flu when I watched it, so my judgment may have been clouded lol

Comment

the New Caprica stuff. I don't know the episode names
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

That would be "Occupation", "Precipice", "Exodus, Part 1" and "Exodus, Part 2". And if we're stretching things slightly, it would also include "Collaborators" and "Unfinished Business". And "Crossroads" if we stretch even further

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                              That would be "Occupation", "Precipice", "Exodus, Part 1" and "Exodus, Part 2". And if we're stretching things slightly, it would also include "Collaborators" and "Unfinished Business". And "Crossroads" if we stretch even further
                              my first ep
                              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Working...
                              X