Why didn't the LA bring Space Suits?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why didn't the LA bring Space Suits?

Or for that matter Body Armour?? Im thinking if your going to take the time to plan out hijacking Destiny would one what to be able to survive in space??

I also got to think the Young would have given a "No one gets captured" speech before the battle

I don't think she really expected the kind of resistance she received either. There are a couple of moments, like when Rush says that Kiva knew who she was dealing with and when she tells Telford that the next time they'll bring such and such that lead me to think that not only did she underestimate Young but that she hadn't completely thought out the logistics of what she was doing. Plus, like the Icarus team itself, she didn't really expect to make a connection, and the planet's blowing up, so who knwos what she might have brought with her. The LA, while it's more sophisticated than in previous series, is still just a criminal organization, not yet a disciplined military force. They think of getting doors open and bringing enough firepower to subdue everybody, not necessarily past tomorrow.

As far as no one gets captured, I'd think that in a military organization, that would sort of go without saying, wouldn't it? Also, just saying it isn't going to prevent it from happening. It's not like those hostages are sitting on the floor thinking "if only Young said not to get captured".
    sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

You forget that the LA had to evacuate the planet before they had time to catch really everything for all possible occasions, like the Icarus base before, both groups have therefore exactly the same problem.

@xxxevilgrinxxx
      I don't think Kiva underestimates Young, cos Rush's statement, she knows exactly with whom she's dealing refers more to Young than to Wray. Young's weak point is that he cares about his people, something what she don't do in the same finality. Kiva and her people are at the end of Incursion in advantage over the Destineers, from which I, at this point, have no idea how it will turn into a pro for Young's people.

For the second point I fully agree with xxxevilgrinxxx. I don't really understand why to point out the obvious.
      sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X