This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sign of things to come? 'Warehouse 13' Premiere Uncovers New Ratings High

Let's hope those are signs of things to come for SGU on it's new Tuesday slot for next season. It also says a lot about the style and type of format most appreciated by the people watching Syfy, including all demos.

During the telecast, Warehouse 13 delivered:
    • 2.03 HH rating
    • 2.961 million total viewers
    • 1.576 million Adults 25-54
    • 1.354 million Adults 18-49 - second-highest delivery in this demo for the series
    • 820,000 Men 18-49 viewers, a series high in the demo

http://www.fanbolt.com/headline/8625...w_Ratings_High

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/07/07...-of-2010/56314
    Last edited by Commander Zelix; 08 October 2010, 06:22 PM.
    Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Yeah, let's hope so.
    sigpic

Comment

W13? such a crap
      Stolen Kosovo
      sigpic

Comment

Well, Air Part 3 got 2,447 million. It's not that far below.

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
          W13? such a crap
          I agree. It's just so bland. IMO, it's a little bit like Eureka, but without any good writing and interesting characters.
          sigpic

Comment

Bland or crap or whatever, Warehouse 13 is popular because it's generally a casual show. SGU's more arc basedness with a side of character focus, will probably not give it huge amounts of ratings, even on a Tuesday.
            ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

I can't see it reaching 3million. However, those numbers are like 700,000 higher than Warehouse 13's last episode, so if SyFy and MGM advertise SGU properly, it should be able to bring the numbers up by a fair bit and secure it a third season. It's been sticking around 2million DVR so the potential is there, that has remained the same over most of the second season. Also, no matter what the show is, if it is advertised properly you can always bring in more viewers to try it, arc-driven or not.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilSpaceAlien View Post
                I agree. It's just so bland. IMO, it's a little bit like Eureka, but without any good writing and interesting characters.
                What is it with you and having no taste?
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris View Post
                  Well, Air Part 3 got 2,447 million. It's not that far below.
                  While it was the time when people were still gauging the new SGU show. Contrary to Warehouse which is at it's second year. Those numbers shows that it's possible for Stargate to produce big numbers. Especially, if the show step up plot wise. All the great characters and character developments will be good for nothing without good sci-fi plots imo.

Maybe the move to Tuesday is really what SGU really needed. Let's hope SGU learned it's lesson in the first season and are able to hit us with some banging episodes at the beginning of the second season while many people may gauge the show on it's new slot. DVRing people may also choose to listen to it live on this more convenient day.
                  Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

These are summer numbers, which will always be higher, but either way it's still encouraging. I still wouldn't expect numbers like that for SGU though.

Comment

Eh, if your looking for the numbers over summer without any real competition to match the numbers over Spring you are not only going to be disappointed, but you are being highly unrealistic.

I can understand the thoughts, and the hopes... but I am doubtful it is going to play out. It does buy into my belief that SGU should be a short season aired in the summer though, but that's never gonna happen .
                      Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

Hey if the premier gets 1.7-2.0 million I'm happy. besides... It always upticks for the second ep (air part 3... Divided).
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
                          It's been sticking around 2million DVR so the potential is there, that has remained the same over most of the second season.
                          I wouldn't view DVR viewers as potential live viewers, no matter how good a show is there is always people who would rather just DVR no matter how much they like a show. The only thing I think seriously moves people from DVR to live is if there is a huge buzz surrounding a show and people can't get through the next day without someone spoiling it for them or if there is so many people talking about it that your getting left out of conversations.

Comment

W13 seemed like such a good premise but I can't be bothered watching the last few eps of season 1. Just a bit too boring for my liking.

Not sure how these ratings relate to SGU? So just because W13 got good ratings on a particular night so will SGU? Or something like that? Crap.
                            sigpic

Comment

I managed 10 mins through W13's first episode

Which channels are telletubbies on again?
                              Tst

Comment

Working...
                              X